iPad issues with new update - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPad issues with new update

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepson View Post
    So they will add an extra day to WD. They want your gold after all...
    It's irrelevent if you can't use it.... Right now the game is pretty much unplayable on all my IOS devices. WD completely unable to attack on the iPads and crashing/freezing/locking up on the iPhones.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    It's irrelevent if you can't use it.... Right now the game is pretty much unplayable on all my IOS devices. WD completely unable to attack on the iPads and crashing/freezing/locking up on the iPhones.
    I'm on ipad, I could attack but it took a minute per hit and the health bar remained full as a display error. After 4 hits game crashed.
    Then had to restart game again. In short, I could do 4 hits every 7 minutes.
    At this rate it was impossible to finish the goals that I otherwise would have (leaping quest).
    Thought everyone had this issue (but it was only on ios apparently) and that's why I thought that they maybe would add an extra day.
    I was wrong.

Post Count
    Gree was able to screw a lot of ios users out of that ultimate wrapper because they couldn't get the 850 wins in time. i would say it's working as they intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Batchief View Post
    I tried to PM President Hightower. His board says not taking private messages. I think we are out of luck for this 24 hour event.
    I can get messages to the MW Team thru our mod chat app. Feel free to PM me, and I'll relay the message, post a thread link for them to check out, even if it's after GREEland hours.

CS tickets are a good way to let the team know about issues, too, but tickets take time to process.
    The subject line is paramount! Vague subject lines make it difficult for the CS agent to know where to forward your ticket... which leads to funky replies and more delays... just saying.
    Pretend like you're writing to your mom about MW: be specific, especially in the subj line, & try to be as kind as possible. CS agents probably don't play MW or any GREE game so they have no insight into what is going on.
    Heh, CS ticket lesson over. Test is on Friday.

The developers might not post much in player threads, but they do read them.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    I can get messages to the MW Team thru our mod chat app. Feel free to PM me, and I'll relay the message, post a thread link for them to check out, even if it's after GREEland hours.

CS tickets are a good way to let the team know about issues, too, but tickets take time to process.
    The subject line is paramount! Vague subject lines make it difficult for the CS agent to know where to forward your ticket... which leads to funky replies and more delays... just saying.
    Pretend like you're writing to your mom about MW: be specific, especially in the subj line, & try to be as kind as possible. CS agents probably don't play MW or any GREE game so they have no insight into what is going on.

All good points, VL. I find the same thing when sending in tickets. The more specifics and information the better and the faster the reply. Granted things still don't always work out.

Fyi in terms of IOS issues. On our iPads my Health Bar was full the first time I tried to hit a rival, clicked and bar emptied completely. Thought OK did I hit a PA so tried to do a refill and even though the health bar was empty got a pop up saying that my health was full. After that point I was never able to use the iPads for WD for the rest of the event.

I was able to go through linking onto the iPhones and this fixed the issue but then the iPhones ran very slowly. I could do hits but besides the slowness they froze and/or crashed.

In the end I grabbed a blank SD card, loaded OSX and loaded Bluestacks and ran it on my MBP. That actually allowed me to do that last WD, but for those who don't have the time resources or the curiosity I'm sure they just said screw it.

Seems to me the servers have been severely throttled back or the data base running the game is starting to get corrupted and about to go boom big time.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Development Team
    Post Count
    We have engineers currently assessing the issue. When it is complete, I will put up an announcement sticky on the General Forums.

Thank you!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post
    We have engineers currently assessing the issue. When it is complete, I will put up an announcement sticky on the General Forums.

Thank you!
    Thanks! Good luck!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Thanks, Vile Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post

I did not know you can get messages to the MW team. I will post to you in the future. Hopefully, I will not need to do that. Thanks again, also for the information that needs to be included.

Consistent Contributor Bambamgunz's Avatar
    Post Count
    Are these updates and data pushes even tested?? Seems more like we'll try it and see what happens!!
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Events/VFF/TEMPORARY/1500x1125.jpeg.6563dcd23c12442da2c4b244f5ad1d87.jp  g

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Batchief View Post
    I did not know you can get messages to the MW team. I will post to you in the future. Hopefully, I will not need to do that. Thanks again, also for the information that needs to be included.
    You're welcome! Always happy to help even if I have to be the messenger of bad news. The faster the team knows about an issue, the faster they can get to solving it.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    On ipad have to refill health with medi pack or gold on every boss cause says empty!!
    So not fixed yet!!!
    timer goes down to 10:44 then back up to 11:10 ,then repeats sequence!
    Last edited by Bambamgunz; 03-01-2016 at 03:32 PM.
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Events/VFF/TEMPORARY/1500x1125.jpeg.6563dcd23c12442da2c4b244f5ad1d87.jp  g

Development Team
    Post Count
    FYI, any screenshots and steps are very useful when handing them to the engineering team.

Post Count
    Beat the Elite is also broken on iPad.

Just sent a ticket, this may be specific to certain accounts.

The account that got locked out of the last WD with the health bar problem cannot hit the Beat the Elite boss. Error message pops up saying it is out of health. Yet on the same iPad a brand new account that is linked works so it appears to be not only iPad specific but also account specific.

Linking the broken account to the iPhone fixes the problem until the account is linked back on the iPad at which point it breaks again.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    UPDATE!!! Thank You,,it seems to be working now!!

data push let me hit boss then timer reset issue back..

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Timer goes down to 10:44 then back up
    To 11:10 and keeps repeating!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bambamgunz; 03-01-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    All good points, VL. I find the same thing when sending in tickets. The more specifics and information the better and the faster the reply. Granted things still don't always work out.

Fyi in terms of IOS issues. On our iPads my Health Bar was full the first time I tried to hit a rival, clicked and bar emptied completely. Thought OK did I hit a PA so tried to do a refill and even though the health bar was empty got a pop up saying that my health was full. After that point I was never able to use the iPads for WD for the rest of the event.

I was able to go through linking onto the iPhones and this fixed the issue but then the iPhones ran very slowly. I could do hits but besides the slowness they froze and/or crashed.

In the end I grabbed a blank SD card, loaded OSX and loaded Bluestacks and ran it on my MBP. That actually allowed me to do that last WD, but for those who don't have the time resources or the curiosity I'm sure they just said screw it.

Seems to me the servers have been severely throttled back or the data base running the game is starting to get corrupted and about to go boom big time.
    Agent Orange,

I'm interested in your experience of running MW under BlueStacks on a MacBook Pro.

iOS users are at a serious disadvantage compared to Android users due to the video glitch/fraud/problem/snafu.

I ran BlueStacks on an (admittedly old) Dell PC and it was unstable to say the least. Is it better now? Will the extra power of the MBP make it useable?

All advice/feedback gratefully received.