People joining guilds during events?

IOS side, the last 3 events, my guild has had people join AFTER the event started. This doesn't seem right, as 1. leaving or joining a guild during events has always been prohibited 2. even the guild master can't remove or promote/demote during events and 3 this is now an ideal way to sabotage a guild during war events.

Please, either remove the ability to join (put to back the way it was, in other words) or give at least the guild master the ability to remove people during events.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcobra View Post
    IOS side, the last 3 events, my guild has had people join AFTER the event started. This doesn't seem right, as 1. leaving or joining a guild during events has always been prohibited 2. even the guild master can't remove or promote/demote during events and 3 this is now an ideal way to sabotage a guild during war events.

Please, either remove the ability to join (put to back the way it was, in other words) or give at least the guild master the ability to remove people during events.
    Thanks for your post, Dreamcobra. I'll pass on your feedback.

They probably won't give masters the ability to boot during events when guilds are locked, but it seems reasonable to keep guilds locked during events. Iow, no ins & outs.

This might be a stupid question since I don't play KnD (cafedecoy is the player moderator KnD expert), but can masters lock or close guilds? ...or can anybody join a guild without having to be accepted?

I ask becasue I know in Modern War (MW), another GREE game, the leaders have the option to "open" their faction (aka guild) for players to join without needing to be accepted or "closed" so players can request to join, but they need to be accepted by the leader or an officer in order to join. And, whether or not the faction is open or closed, factions are completely locked (no ins & outs) during some events...

This feature is kinda new in MW; I didn't know about it until i saw recruiting threads about "open" guilds.
    Maybe your guild is "open" if KnD has the same option as MW...? just a wild guess.
    Line ID: clementine88

Yes i noticed this feature, but it is for very specific cases. For one, a player must be guildless..so guild hopping i mid event is not permitted. Second, once you are in a guild, you are still locked in. Third, you still have to be accepted into the guild so unless you have your setting to open or have invite only with HCs who don't listen to GMs instructions, theres no need to worry about random trolls wandering into your guild mid event and then bother you.

There are many ways to not have to worry about this new feature. So far the only guilds that seem to use it are guilds without plans to do any serious pushes.

Great answer! Thanks cafedecoy I knew you'd know.

Yes, I can set the guild to "closed" or "must be invited/accepted". We have used those settings in the past, and may again, but I still think the old way of a guild being locked during events is best, for many reasons.

I had a different issue with joining during an event. Had someone request to join during the last weekend long war, and each time I tried to accept him, I got "An unknown error has occurred" message, and then his request would disappear for a few hours only to come back. I don't know if he was re-applying or not, and I even had other officers in my guild try to accept him, and they got the same message.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Quote Originally Posted by Adisty View Post
    I had a different issue with joining during an event. Had someone request to join during the last weekend long war, and each time I tried to accept him, I got "An unknown error has occurred" message, and then his request would disappear for a few hours only to come back. I don't know if he was re-applying or not, and I even had other officers in my guild try to accept him, and they got the same message.
    That request probably didn't go thru due to one of the reasons cafedecoy posted above, or...

You'll get an error message if you try to accept when the requester is already in another guild.

I believe the latter to be the case. Thanks Lynn!
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586