Wall building

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wall building

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Wall building

Is there any way to make building walls less time consuming ? Just let the guild select the level of wall they want to build and the number of them want to build ? Right now it's very time consuming and boring process. Thoughts ?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Yes, please
    Purple Squirrel

Double Amen.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Yes sounds simple enough to do Gree

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Should be easy enough to fix, or at least get an answer to why it have to be like this.
    I'll come by to build walls for you Deb, I take my salary in gold.
    There are real people behind avatars!🌹

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes please!!

Post Count
    This has been requested many, many times since war began and founders had to build walls. It's the same way in every GREE game: one level at a time. They know it 's tedious and time-consuming and optional.

IMHO, as a player & founder, I'd much rather they spend their time fixing bugs and QA'ing events than change the wall-building code since it isn't bugged and works just fine.
    Line ID: clementine88

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Are you a founder Vile? What is your in game name? You are rapidly appearing to become a Gree employee rather than someone connected to the players at all.

The game has evolved to a point where walls are no longer optional. I spend a couple hours before each war building walls, an incredibly tedious activity that could be reduced to minutes with the same simple tool that was used to make buying equipment easier. This really needs to be fixed. Being founder is hard enough work as it is.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Omg, there's nothing I enjoy more than building 66 walls for war! (Sarcasm)

2 taps per level = 20 taps per wall

20 taps X 66 walls = 1,320 taps

Even worse that all the tapping are the 660 spiny circles you get.

1,320 taps = snore Zzzzz
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 02-21-2016 at 07:02 AM.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Vile,

If you are indeed a founder it is critical that you reveal your actual in game identity (Titan/Dragco had the courage to be transparent). The founders have several private rooms where conversations are considered to be trusted. You are clearly sympathetic to Gree to the point of lying to support your attacks on Deb, a top ten founder.

We either must assume you are a Gree spy or you are lying about being a founder. Time to come clean Vile...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    This has been requested many, many times since war began and founders had to build walls. It's the same way in every GREE game: one level at a time. They know it 's tedious and time-consuming and optional.

IMHO, as a player & founder, I'd much rather they spend their time fixing bugs and QA'ing events than change the wall-building code since it isn't bugged and works just fine.
    I somewhat agree. It does sound simple enough to do. However, if the coders try to make wall building as easy as unit buying, I'm sure they will mess it up and make wall building impossible.

Come to think of it...please try to change the wall building code, break it like you do everything else, and then we will have no walls.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Eliminating walls would be so much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Eliminating walls would be so much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hehe really? You don't like wasting gems/refills on low cp wallbashing?

I completely agree! Let's get rid of the walls, or maybe use them a different way.
    Jo, you need to delegate your wallbuilding, maybe a wall built per member of guild. (Lol)
    There are real people behind avatars!🌹

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

So, they know it is broken AND fixable, yet they leave it? Solid business sense. Keep your customers unhappy.

Why does it have to be either one or the other? Why can't it be both? Incremental, trivial upgrades from a coding perspective should not be precluded because of an inability to do basic quality assurance.

Also, since 99% of guilds now have level 10 walls for every battle, doesn't that render them effectively meaningless? they are creating no differentiation in the game and only serving to irritate both founders (excepting you, of course, and your nearly universal admiration for all gree-management decisions) and players alike?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Building walls is even worse now.
    Tap, tap, wait for the spiny circle,
    Repeat 10 times per wall
    66 walls
    Purple Squirrel