Any places to get bricks wuickly - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: Any places to get bricks wuickly

  1. #16
    Banned
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Post Count
    1,651
    What are you saying? You think a syn that can't do anything in war or SA overtaking SAS in the syndicate base build out may be up to something fishy?

  2. #17
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    What are you saying? You think a syn that can't do anything in war or SA overtaking SAS in the syndicate base build out may be up to something fishy?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

  3. #18
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,410
    Ok ok ok... let's not speculate about fish or phoenixes... GREE does not tolerate cheaters, so posting about it here on a public forum hosted by GREE wouldn't be too smrt.
    Line ID: clementine88

  4. #19
    Consistent Contributor Timala's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Post Count
    104
    If Gree reads this forum why not give us an update about accomplices LOL

    But yes the drop rate on bricks sucks, pretty please change it back....

  5. #20
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    Could we get another official statement from Gree about the propriety of paying real money for shady bricks? And maybe an update on what they're doing to enforce rules against syndicates who pay $20 for 5k bricks?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

  6. #21
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Could we get another official statement from Gree about the propriety of paying real money for shady bricks? And maybe an update on what they're doing to enforce rules against syndicates who pay $20 for 5k bricks?
    Yes, buying/selling anything outside of the game for real money violates GREE's ToS. Period. The ToS can be found in the store where we download updates.


    If anybody finds a suspicious account or syndicate or if somebody is offering in-game items for real money, or anything that violates GREE's ToS in order to promote an unfair advantage in the game to a single player or syndicate, please report it thru CS. Type "Cheater" in the subject line so the CS agent knows to forward your ticket to the "GREE Game Police" for investigation. Explain what happened and why you think it's cheating or how it violates the ToS. Include the alleged cheater's game ID (or syn code), if possible, and screen shots to support your claim.

    GREE takes these claims very seriously and handles them privately. We can all appreciate fair gaming!
    Line ID: clementine88

  7. #22
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    They could start by just looking at all the syndicates with unlimited bricks on hand and check out who was donating them. If the account donated 5000 bricks and has 20 fights, you have a problem. I could post screenshots off the chat apps, but why bother? If Gree isn't going to bother with an easy enforcement mechanism across the board, why call on people to rat out specific syndicates? Heck, if they'd just enforce it against the people who have ADMITTED IT ON THE FORUM it would be more productive than me sending a ticket.

    My syndicate suddenly got a 3000 brick donation from someone I'd never heard of, I talked with them about it, and they agreed not to do it. But they realize that we're now going without walls while we sc**** together bricks at the rate of 1/25 attacks while everyone else seems to have level 10 walls all day and have already maxed out their syndicate base. There's a limit to how long you can expect other people to play fair when no action is taken on the cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

  8. #23
    Banned
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Post Count
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Yes, buying/selling anything outside of the game for real money violates GREE's ToS. Period. The ToS can be found in the store where we download updates.


    If anybody finds a suspicious account or syndicate or if somebody is offering in-game items for real money, or anything that violates GREE's ToS in order to promote an unfair advantage in the game to a single player or syndicate, please report it thru CS. Type "Cheater" in the subject line so the CS agent knows to forward your ticket to the "GREE Game Police" for investigation. Explain what happened and why you think it's cheating or how it violates the ToS. Include the alleged cheater's game ID (or syn code), if possible, and screen shots to support your claim.

    GREE takes these claims very seriously and handles them privately. We can all appreciate fair gaming!
    first, I am not sure gree takes these claims very seriously. considering how obvious it is when a nothing syndicate jumps ahead of sas, maybe this time they will.

    second, gree forum moderators have specifically told people on the FOURM that it is OK to trade bricks for in game cash, in game cash for Uzis, Uzi's for bricks, and apparently bricks/cash/Uzi's for smuggling/political/star/legal power. you just can't use real currency or iTunes cards.

    but guess what you can buy with real currency or iTunes cards? smuggling/political/star/legal power and bricks via LTQs/stamina (which take gold), in game cash, and Uzi's.

    third, I'm not sure gree headquarters wants to hear that thousands of active accounts in this game are bots run by a program. how do you think the Facebook stock price would react if it turned out that a large number of their members were made up people run by a bot or script?

  9. #24
    Articulate Author PC77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Post Count
    475
    My brick icon on donate section has totally vanished on my main game so donating them just got a whole lot harder

  10. #25
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
    My brick icon on donate section has totally vanished on my main game so donating them just got a whole lot harder
    When you don't have anything to donate, the icon is gone. Get a brick, it'll show up.
    Line ID: clementine88

  11. #26
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    They could start by just looking at all the syndicates with unlimited bricks on hand and check out who was donating them. If the account donated 5000 bricks and has 20 fights, you have a problem. I could post screenshots off the chat apps, but why bother? If Gree isn't going to bother with an easy enforcement mechanism across the board, why call on people to rat out specific syndicates? Heck, if they'd just enforce it against the people who have ADMITTED IT ON THE FORUM it would be more productive than me sending a ticket.

    My syndicate suddenly got a 3000 brick donation from someone I'd never heard of, I talked with them about it, and they agreed not to do it. But they realize that we're now going without walls while we sc**** together bricks at the rate of 1/25 attacks while everyone else seems to have level 10 walls all day and have already maxed out their syndicate base. There's a limit to how long you can expect other people to play fair when no action is taken on the cheaters.
    If nobody sends in tickets, how would GREE know it's a problem. If the players don't care if a syn is buying bricks for real money, why should GREE? (a bit rhetorical)


    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    first, I am not sure gree takes these claims very seriously. considering how obvious it is when a nothing syndicate jumps ahead of sas, maybe this time they will.

    second, gree forum moderators have specifically told people on the FOURM that it is OK to trade bricks for in game cash, in game cash for Uzis, Uzi's for bricks, and apparently bricks/cash/Uzi's for smuggling/political/star/legal power. you just can't use real currency or iTunes cards.

    but guess what you can buy with real currency or iTunes cards? smuggling/political/star/legal power and bricks via LTQs/stamina (which take gold), in game cash, and Uzi's.

    third, I'm not sure gree headquarters wants to hear that thousands of active accounts in this game are bots run by a program. how do you think the Facebook stock price would react if it turned out that a large number of their members were made up people run by a bot or script?
    First, I can assure you: they care. Actually, we all care when a nothing syn jumps ahead of SAS.

    Second, I never said in-games trades (i.e. bricks for game cash, stars for bricks, etc...) violated ToS. We have an entire subforum dedicated for Trades. Buying/selling in-game items for any form of real money, not game money, violates ToS. But, guess what? iTunes card numbers are the same as real money.

    Third, what? mm'kay.
    Line ID: clementine88

  12. #27
    Articulate Author crime cow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Post Count
    315
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Dip and Monte on this...If Gree took these violations seriously they could and would crack down. They have the tools at their disposal if they choose to use them. It's been pointed out in other threads here many times before that obvious cheaters were reported, some more than once, and their accounts are still here. And most of these threads were started before the layoffs when Gree actually had the support staff to research such things.

    Gree's activity on this forum now is limited to making a post and locking the thread so that they don't have to have any interaction with anyone playing the game. Even when they have posted something that is incorrect or vague, they will not respond to they many posts looking for clarification. If they are reading the forum than this lack of response shows a high level of apathy. They also have frequent programming errors in events that are run over and over again. This shows that they are either overwhelmed, or incompetent, since these errors show up more frequently since the staff cuts and the promised 'fixes' are rarely followed up on. So with the apathy shown to the players and the inability to get in front of their programming and eliminate/fix errors in programming, why should anyone believe that anything will be done to catch or discipline cheaters? It may not be difficult to find cheaters, but it's not as easy as pushing a button. Research would have to be done, code may have to be written and anything suspicious would have to be investigated. This all takes time and time is something that people at Gree either don't have or they aren't willing to spend on this game.

    The cold reality is that Gree cares about one thing in relation to Crime City: Is it in the black, or in the red? Once it gets into the red it will be turned off. They just want to put enough effort and cost into this game to keep it afloat until that time and they aren't concerned about new player recruitment or improving the game experience for current players.
    Last edited by crime cow; 02-19-2016 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Because editing is fun

  13. #28
    Articulate Author PC77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Post Count
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    When you don't have anything to donate, the icon is gone. Get a brick, it'll show up.
    I had bricks on hand before it disappeared

  14. #29
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by crime cow View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Dip and Monte on this...If Gree took these violations seriously they could and would crack down. *They have the tools at their disposal if they choose to use them. *It's been pointed out in other threads here many times before that obvious cheaters were reported, some more than once, and their accounts are still here. *And most of these threads were started before the layoffs when Gree actually had the support staff to research such things. *

    Gree's activity on this forum now is limited to making a post and locking the thread so that they don't have to have any interaction with anyone playing the game. *Even when they have posted something that is incorrect or vague, they will not respond to they many posts looking for clarification. *If they are reading the forum than this lack of response shows a high level of apathy. *They also have frequent programming errors in events that are run over and over again. *This shows that they are either overwhelmed, or incompetent, since these errors show up more frequently since the staff cuts and the promised 'fixes' are rarely followed up on. *So with the apathy shown to the players and the inability to get in front of their programming and eliminate/fix errors in programming, why should anyone believe that anything will be done to catch or discipline cheaters? *It may not be difficult to find cheaters, but it's not as easy as pushing a button. *Research would have to be done, code may have to be written and anything suspicious would have to be investigated. *This all takes time and time is something that people at Gree either don't have or they aren't willing to spend on this game.

    The cold reality is that Gree cares about one thing in relation to Crime City: *Is it in the black, or in the red? *Once it gets into the red it will be turned off. *They just want to put enough effort and cost into this game to keep it afloat until that time and they aren't concerned about new player recruitment or improving the game experience for current players.
    Don't be sorry. I'm not sorry that I agree with Dipstik, montecore and you, too.
    It should be obvious; it should be investigated.

    When morality comes up against profit, it is seldom that profit loses.
    ~Shirley Chisholm

    Quote Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
    I had bricks on hand before it disappeared
    Weird. I hope it comes back. Anybody else in your syndicate experiencing this, too?
    Line ID: clementine88

  15. #30
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    I would think Gree is missing out on a lot of money letting people pay their money to a third party to max out their bases instead of refilling stamina and doing LTQs. I honestly think they don't know about it. Either that or it's another case of turning a blind eye because the syndicates doing it tend to be moderate to heavy gold spenders already. I have no idea how prevalent it is in different levels of the game, all I know is that I left one syndicate who insisted (among other shady practices) that it was perfectly fair because everyone else was doing it, and I had to have an argument with my current syndicate because a large segment of the players didn't see anything wrong with it. Luckily at least the leader came around to my way of thinking.

    I want to at least bring attention to the issue here so people can't hide behind willful ignorance. If you're going to cheat, at least you'll know it's cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •