Drop Bear Madness - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop Bear Madness

Lurker
    Post Count
    Please Gree, NEVER release luck based events like the last two again. We hated them 3 years ago and we still do!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Another Rubbish event with unrealistic time,energy requirement,drop rate ETC ETC ETC...
    Knowing this game I decided to try the "Easiest" <--- Ha,Ha quest,so I need 15 items and mobs are 75 energy....not too bad,Mmmm
    I'm on 7/15 having used 5,000 energy.
    Really demoralising and just not Fun anymore.

Post Count
    I agree.... this event is not good.
    Beside all the problems the Valenti-Quest was nice because of the combination of LTQ and crafting - would have been even better without the random-factor in droprate and crafting.
    Now you removed the crafting part... That's definitely the wrong way, you should have removed the random part...

So what about thinking about a normal LTQ combined with crafting?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The drop rate is worse than bad....it's impossible. This event should have been split into 4 days with this drop rate. Most of my guild have already opted out & at the rate of drop....I'll be lucky to get even the part requiring 15 bones.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    and what's more idiot, you need 30 in 24 hour. Killing an maneater cost 275 energy and you need 30 with a 50% chance. That's not fair, that insulting stupid and impossible!

Want us to spend more gems of stop gaming??

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This event is borderline retarded. I used up one full energy bar for 2 drops before I just gave up on the event altogether. Its not worth the effort.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Guustb View Post
    you need 30 in 24 hour. Killing an maneater cost 275 energy and you need 30 with a 50% chance. That's not fair, that insulting stupid and impossible!

Want us to spend more gems of stop gaming??
    50% chance? More like a 25% chance, lol
    Purple Squirrel

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Not even close,just used over 1500 energy @ 75 per mob for first unit,21 kills without a single drop!!
    I give up, how do they get so many things wrong?
    The game is dying quickly due to all these issues.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Not even close,just used over 1500 energy @ 75 per mob for first unit,21 kills without a single drop!!
    I give up, how do they get so many things wrong?
    The game is dying quickly due to all these issues.
    Similar with me, I used 1,500 energy just for the heck of it on the and got 1 unit................so I estimated, that I would need about 15,000 energy to get all 15 unit and that is only for 1/4 of the units for the event......................results................ ..my energy is full and waiting for the old style LTQs, at least with those I know that with a few gems and refills I can finish Normal and get a bonus unit

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    I was only getting a drop in every 5-8 hits.....less than 20% drop rate for me

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Stopped work At this stupid quest. It's impossible to finish with tons of refills. Not worth to think about it😫
    Hector DGX/XW

Equal chances for all continents!

NO MORE HASTE TARGETS AT NIGHT TIMES!!!

Post Count
    Thanks for all of the feedback!

One thing is clear: the majority of the KA Community is NOT into random or low drop-rates!*

It's ok if only 1 or 2, maybe even 5 or more top-gemmers to get the highest reward. Top rewards should be hard to get, IOW costly even in FTP games. But, events need to be fun for moderate & free players, too, and fun enough to keep the whales happily gemming for their exclusive rewards. It's a balance that all game developers want to achieve. (Heh, I probably wouldn't be here if I knew the key to balancing!)

If the developers want to keep random drops in LTQ-type events, maybe they could code the drop-rate to increase thru the course of the event. For example, weaker NPCs in lower quest levels would have low drop-rates, like 20-30%. As we proceed thru the levels, the drop-rate would proportionally increase: higher levels that require more energy for each kill would have better chances for getting drops, closing in on 100%. For all I know, maybe they already do this... just suggesting since I don't know.
    ~signed, clueless about KA metrics but love the game!

*edited "gambling" to "random or low drop-rates."
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 02-18-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    Line ID: clementine88

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Thanks for all of the feedback!

One thing is clear: the majority of the KA Community is NOT into gambling.

~signed, clueless about KA metrics but love the game!
    I would not say that we don't like gambling, we are actually gambling almost every event not knowing what the prize of the next stage will be and how much it is going to cost us.
    What I (we?) don't like is the uncertainty. No event talks about the chances of getting something not even the lock box event (e.g. low chance, medium chance - what does that mean in numbers ??). The same here, at least give people a number - has 30% chance of a drop or so. That way everyone can decide for themselves whether or not it is worth a try.
    At the current design this part is too much left in the dark and fosters frustration and anger.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I would not say that we don't like gambling, we are actually gambling almost every event not knowing what the prize of the next stage will be and how much it is going to cost us.
    What I (we?) don't like is the uncertainty. No event talks about the chances of getting something not even the lock box event (e.g. low chance, medium chance - what does that mean in numbers ??). The same here, at least give people a number - has 30% chance of a drop or so. That way everyone can decide for themselves whether or not it is worth a try.
    At the current design this part is too much left in the dark and fosters frustration and anger.
    I think you knew what I meant by "gambling." I edited my post to be more specific.

Gaming companies are always vague when it comes to numbers. Having a "medium" chance sounds much better than having a 50% chance. (I'm not saying medium=50%, just using it as an example.) Developers don't give players hard numbers for many reasons, that's just one reason.

No matter what the chance is, I wish everybody the best of luck!
    Line ID: clementine88

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Gaming companies are always vague when it comes to numbers. Having a "medium" chance sounds much better than having a 50% chance. (I'm not saying medium=50%, just using it as an example.) Developers don't give players hard numbers for many reasons, that's just one reason.

No matter what the chance is, I wish everybody the best of luck!
    Understood, but if a player does not know the drop rate and maybe has just a really bad streak of luck such as 10 times black in a row and all his money is on red he starts to question whether the drop rate was intentionally set low to empty his pockets.

Even in lottery they are obliged to give you a number and nobody with the right mind would expect to win yet most of us are still buying the ticket.