GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Saint Valenti

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count

Cool The Legend of Saint Valenti

My Lieges!

Ready yourselves to hear an accounting of the legend of Saint Valenti.

Long ago before the age of kingdoms Saint Valenti was the first of his order. A Paladin devoted wholly to the protection of the church of the first fire. At the age of 12 Saint Valenti was a squire to a great knight at the battle of the twin rivers. The armies of the first fire were battling the wild barbarian hordes that threatened the church and it became clear that they would soon be overwhelmed. When Valenti’s knight was killed in battle young Valenti dipped a single ruby into the twin rivers and turned them into rivers of fire. The flames consumed the barbarian hordes and turned the land into what is now known as the sea of flames.

Valenti swore his oaths at the great cathedral and was made a Paladin of the first fire. Valenti was a zealot of the church and led armies into battle, taming the wild countryside. He even led armies against the foul drow and won a decisive battle at Darkhome. After that battle Saint Valenti was ordained as the first Paladin, the greatest of all paladins and was ordered to lead a campaign to convert the were polar bears of Glacial Pass. Saint Valenti flew into battle riding atop his great red dragon mount Vathraxis. The were polar bears bent the knee and swore fealty to Valenti and the church of the first fire.

Saint Valenti would go on to win many more battles and eventually the land was unified under the banners of the one church. Eventually Saint Valenti’s life ended but the realm would know centuries of peace for long after. This was known as the fire age and it proceeded until the land once more was plunged into the chaos we now know as the Kingdom Age. But that is a tale for another time.

My lieges you now have the chance to follow in the footsteps of Saint Valenti and recreate the legendary armor the first paladin wore into battle.

Event Details:

The Legend of Saint Valenti is an event that begins February 14th, 15:00 PST and spans a period of 3 days.

Day 1: Visit the Sea of Flames where Saint Valenti turned the rivers into fire and collect Rubies from Mummy Mages.

Day 2: Visit Darkhome where Saint Valenti dealt the drow a stunning defeat and collect Vials of Drider Blood from Drider Archers

Day 3: Visit Glacial Pass where Saint Valenti caused the were polar bears to bend the knee with the awe inspiring power of his dragon mount and collect Red Ore by killing Were Polar Bears.

Each day at 15:00 you will receive a potion which will allow you to kill that day’s monster. After 24 hours, the potion for that day will run out and you will lose the ability to kill that monster.

At any time you can visit your kingdom’s crafting workshop and use the materials you have gathered to craft powerful units and equipment.

Each time you craft an item you have a chance to craft an EPIC version of that unit or equipment.

Craft all of the EPIC armor items to win a powerful unit.
    Craft all of the EPIC units to win a powerful unit.

Note: You will need to plan the use of your crafting materials very wisely. Some crafting recipes require two materials or all three materials. On day three for example you will not be able to farm materials from day one and two from killing monsters but you will need them to craft items that require those materials. So make sure you stockpile enough materials from each day to craft everything you need!

EDIT: Rubies and Vials of Drider Blood have been added to the store and can be purchased with gold. The drop rate on the were polar bears have been adjusted and they should now drop red ore 100% of the time. Recipes and goals for this event will be extended for an extra 24 hours.

Good luck! May the Legend of Saint Valenti inspire you to great deeds!
    Last edited by IPassButter; 02-16-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Wow, something different!

I appreciate you trying some new things, I sincerely hope you've tested this thoroughly and the event launches bug free.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm certainly looking forward to some refreshing changes & new events

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    This events clearly going to cost a ton of $$$$$$$ to finish... Items needed for wrappers are all EPIC... Crafting for your chance at an EPIC item... So far I've tried crafting 4 heart talisman and not one was an epic... Spent 160 gems.. So that was a Complete waste of time... Great idea for a new event... But odds completely suck to finish... This clearly is a GEMMING EVENT... My guess, only top 3 in box events will spend the $$$$$ it takes to finish... I gem, but I'll not gem for this.. I save my gems for wars and box events that give Health or energy boost units

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Not worth bothering unless you are level 250 - between drop rates of ingredients and chance of crafting epic you are multiplying two low percentages making it nearly impossible without tons of gems and luck. I don't gem for luck.

Would love to see your math on this Gree. multiply the average drop rate times the chance of crafting epic - then nvert to determine the average kills needed per day. My guess is that its around 50K energy needed per day. Where is the logic here?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelio View Post
    This events clearly going to cost a ton of $$$$$$$ to finish... Items needed for wrappers are all EPIC... Crafting for your chance at an EPIC item... So far I've tried crafting 4 heart talisman and not one was an epic... Spent 160 gems.. So that was a Complete waste of time... Great idea for a new event... But odds completely suck to finish... This clearly is a GEMMING EVENT... My guess, only top 3 in box events will spend the $$$$$ it takes to finish... I gem, but I'll not gem for this.. I save my gems for wars and box events that give Health or energy boost units
    They are all gemming events. Took 65 energy packs to complete individual quests for a level 200, never allowing it to become full, energy regen of 8, etc. wanted to see how much it took and will never do it again, gree has created all events to be gems.

Post Count
    Congrats on another screwed up event Gree. Finally something new and big surprise, it's the typical FUBAR.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    What's wrong with the Valenti Quest?

1). 90 XP per kill.....fixed!
    2). After finishing the quest for 10 rubies, my four toons had 2, 8, 10 and 10 rubies
    3). After the first 10, the drop rate falls to @ 30%
    4). I went through @ 20 in a row with no drops
    5). My level 250 toon had 14 rubies lost with this message:

"There was an error with the server. To try again, press OKAY"

Sometime I got my energy back, sometimes I didn't.

6). You can only craft Normal items and units.

For all the Normal units you need:
    60 rubies
    80 blood
    60 red ore

But that's Normal, not Epic.
    With a 50% chance for Epic, you would need 120, 160 and 120 materials.
    With a 25% chance, you would need 240, 320 and 240 materials

Random chance on the drops, random chance on the crafting.
    Gree we HATE random chance quests. Please do not think that we like these kinds of events.
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 02-15-2016 at 03:34 AM.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well....I was taught if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. I'll simply say.....what a disappointment. Guess I'll go have a real,life for the next few days.

Post Count
    I was taught to call a spade a spade. Another $$ grab. Gree, stop this and get back to legit gaming.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Server errors are horrible...both before and after I updated KA (just now). I just got 2 rubies and both were taken away, though energy returned. The chance of me getting 2 rubies in a row however are now about zero! Please fix this ASAP!

Post Count
    Please change the false advertised 75k att staff.

Gree, how do you manage to mess up a completely new event again..
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 02-15-2016 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language, bypassing filter

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieF View Post
    Please change the false advertised 75k att staff.

Gree, how do you manage to mess up a completely new event again..
    Yep, this was fixed, not the missing rubies
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 02-15-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: edited language in quote
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I understand the enthusiasm for something different. I'm still going to call this garbage, given that you have to read the forums to have any idea how to do this. (Does it say somewhere I missed to start in the Sea of Flames?)

Even so, I also dislike the fact that it took like triple the amount of total communication the entire forum has seen since the beginning of the year just to announce a single event.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Another example of good intent , with bad results . The programmers are trying , they just don't seem to be very good at what they do .
    The server error is an old problem that was fixed ages ago. So does that mean Gree is using an old repetitive code that is faulty - or us it possible the servers just can't handle all of us attacking the same object at the same time