Event participation down, forum posts down.... - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Event participation down, forum posts down....

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    How do you know if they have "large gold supplies"?
    I can't speak for my old friend AO, but he's not lying.

I've never known him to even "fib".

I'd rather not reveal HOW I learn things.

Let's just say some people say things, others show things, and a few "share" things.

All I did was laugh and say, "No thanks, but it was generous of you to offer."
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Lots and lots of gold buildings and units perhaps?

Post Count
    Yeah, DEW, I respect AO and his vast knowledge. That's why I asked.

The same thing, I think, is going on in CC & KA, too, but I think it's has to do with availability. We didn't have those options when we first started, and most of us have several new accounts.

The old gold money-buildings just weren't worth it (to me) in the early years of MW. The new gold money-buildings actually help IPH for new accounts. My guess is it's all legit, not an influx of shrill accounts.

Edited to add:
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Let's just say some people say things, others show things, and a few "share" things.

All I did was laugh and say, "No thanks, but it was generous of you to offer."
    I get what you're saying. You were right to pass.

Scams exist, don't fall for them!

If anybody finds a suspicious account or if somebody is offering something that would violate the ToS in order to give one an unfair advantage in the game, please report it thru CS. It could be a scam! Type "Cheater" in the subject line so the CS agent knows to forward your ticket to the "GREE Game Police." Explain what happened and why you think it's cheating. Include the alleged cheater's game ID, if possible, and screen shots to support your claim.

GREE takes these claims very seriously and handles them privately. We can all appreciate fair gaming!
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 02-18-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm sure everyone remembers those "unlicensed" pilots.
    If you've been around here long enough, you might remember those that kept the "free gold" spigot dripping day and night.
    I could continue, but those that know the "deal" remember all that and more.

These days, folks, we have what I'll call "prospectors".
    These guys and gals are mining the amarillo colored faux precious metal.
    Yes that's right, they're literally mining it around the clock.
    This time they claim they've hit the mother lode, or the lost Dutchman's (no offense Ferry-LOL) Mine!!!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Sounds like a regurgitation of the same old story that you've been posting about free gold, for years now. I remeber the last one. There was a guy ( sadly he is no long with us in this world) who would add gold to your game. Problem was as soon as your game synced to the servers, it was gone.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Lots and lots of gold buildings and units perhaps?
    Yes exactly what I am seeing, my original thought was that these were older players LLPs but then would those guys spend more?

Thanks VL, the only oddity is the shear number of new gold buildings plus them being levelled up to max on players in the Level 10-20 range. My first thought, ok these are just mini's of top level players but I'm thinking even with mega gold bonus sales if indeed there still are any these guys are monsters. I suppose that doesn't preclude the possibility of hacking.

Now there may be one other non gree sanctioned way of doing it and that would be to exploit refunds.....

But we all know in the past there have been gree shills in game, er they might be internally known as 'beta testers'....

It just seems rather strange that we have some ultra heavy spenders down there all of a sudden.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Pretty much sums the current state of affairs up.

I notice something very interesting suddenly in the low levels..... A sudden influx of either gree shills or gree sponsored players with large gold supplies. Things must be pretty despirate in greeland that they need herders down there to try and stimulate spending.
    I don't know why top spenders would create large minis unless they wanted a top mini faction? High IPH would only help them in FL. Wouldn't have anything to do with WD. I'm sure Gree has fake players to have others chase, they wouldn't be the first company to do it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Event participation down, forum posts down, whatever could that portend?
    Probably nothing. Y'all been banging on about this game shutting down ever since I joined the forum. Like the conspiracy theorists predicting the end of the world, y'all been wrong every damn time. We know its got to end some time, but The Gree have put a fair amount of time into the game in last few months. I don't claim it's any better than it was, but at least they're trying whatever their tiny minds can think of to keep it afloat. Despite the issues, I guess I'm happy with that. It doesn't need a second mortgage to participate in events and get prizes that are worth having (at least not for smaller or free players - I'm sure it's different for the whales). I'm happy to just potter around in my zombie faction.
    One equal temper of heroic hearts

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ...And look, there are yet another set of boost buildings available, because stats aren't insane enough already!

Amusing that the new ground boost building, which is supposed to be a factory, is actually, er, a church. Are they praying for divine intervention?
    One equal temper of heroic hearts

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pharoah View Post
    ...And look, there are yet another set of boost buildings available, because stats aren't insane enough already!

Amusing that the new ground boost building, which is supposed to be a factory, is actually, er, a church. Are they praying for divine intervention?
    They don't stack.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pharoah View Post
    Probably nothing. Y'all been banging on about this game shutting down ever since I joined the forum. Like the conspiracy theorists predicting the end of the world, y'all been wrong every damn time. We know its got to end some time, but The Gree have put a fair amount of time into the game in last few months. I don't claim it's any better than it was, but at least they're trying whatever their tiny minds can think of to keep it afloat. Despite the issues, I guess I'm happy with that. It doesn't need a second mortgage to participate in events and get prizes that are worth having (at least not for smaller or free players - I'm sure it's different for the whales). I'm happy to just potter around in my zombie faction.
    Personally I am surprised this slow painful death continues. Guess they are just as stubborn in their own twisted way as some players are.

But sadly we are in a death spiral, each FL and WD absolutely underlines the fact that participation continues to dwindle and with it revenues. To draw a parallel it's like watching the demise of the newspaper business and in many ways with the same problem of management running around with their heads up their butts not having a clue and being reactive to the market instead of thinking they know better. Hint it doesn't work...

I still like the game, sure as heck would not spend a penny on it in it's current broken form and sadly we have reached the point where it may not be salvagable... Well ok the first thing would be to break out of the money grubbing mindset and sit back and build a longer range plan not cobble a bunch of crap on top of more cobbled on broken crap.

Fix the most obvious issues, ghost/no matches in FL. Session time outs, which appear to be server side issues. LAG, again server side or perhaps due to bloating of app data. All that extraneous garbage sucking up processing power in missions, fix targeting in missions on Android for heavens sake, I tap on the designated target and hit something on another part of the screen! If this is intentional to make us buy gold you guys are idiots, just pisses players off as does pretty much all of the above.

If you really want to fix this mess, you need to have a project manager with a long range vision who is willing to look at and overhaul everything from unit buildings to defense buildings. Right now we have all these things that have been rendered useless to the bulk of the remaining players yet had their been a focus on the big picture they could have been kept relevent.

Matching algorithms need to be overhauled again this old theory of getting players pissed off so they spend to get stroger ain't working. Well ok the pissed off part is working except they are QUITTING. Speaking of which, what will generate more potential revenues in WD, speeding up matching times by loosening parameters to the point that a faction has no chance of scoring or increasing times or allowing teams of similar strength to match again. At least with the latter I can think of many ways for strategy to actually become relevent again....

So is there a light at the end of the tunnel or is it just a train with a guy holding onto a fork...
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    GREEdy is so desperate to increase their dwindling sales that they had to put a new icon on the screen to make it easier to buy gold packages, REALLY?

Banned
    Post Count
    I hope new players that start this game learn quickly that they need to be very cautious and what they purchase in this game.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Yeah, DEW, I respect AO and his vast knowledge. That's why I asked.

The same thing, I think, is going on in CC & KA, too, but I think it's has to do with availability. We didn't have those options when we first started, and most of us have several new accounts.

The old gold money-buildings just weren't worth it (to me) in the early years of MW. The new gold money-buildings actually help IPH for new accounts. My guess is it's all legit, not an influx of shrill accounts.

Edited to add:

I get what you're saying. You were right to pass.

Scams exist, don't fall for them!

If anybody finds a suspicious account or if somebody is offering something that would violate the ToS in order to give one an unfair advantage in the game, please report it thru CS. It could be a scam! Type "Cheater" in the subject line so the CS agent knows to forward your ticket to the "GREE Game Police." Explain what happened and why you think it's cheating. Include the alleged cheater's game ID, if possible, and screen shots to support your claim.

GREE takes these claims very seriously and handles them privately. We can all appreciate fair gaming!

Give me a break! Gree is the biggest cheater in MW. If they cared about "fair gaming", the goals progression issue in FL and other issues would have been fixed last summer.