New Store Items are absurd

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Store Items are absurd

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

New Store Items are absurd

Please explain what you are thinking,

After a month you replace the expensive equipment we all busted our butts to equip our army with better equipment at the same price. Essentially telling us we wasted our time.

Worse, you add in expensive units to buy that are generally better than the units we get from quests. Setting off a huge round of stat inflation that further widens the gap between gemmers and non gemmers.

This fundamentally distorts the game and will chase the little guys away along with some big folks who are simply tired of this silliness.

Just pull the plug if you want to kill the game please.

I would love to hear a developer tell me why I am wrong and this was a great idea. Consider it a challenge please.

Post Count
    I can't help but be a little frustrated with the new store items as well. Adding new items is great and helps continue to give us new ways to build our army. However, large jumps such as these in such a short time can be quite a bit frustrating.

Since initially adding the upgraded equipment about a month or so ago, I have purchased 800 Laterns of Hope (648 att / 530 def) and 250 Rusted Helms of Zaniyan (583/477) at a cool $1.5m each. All told, I spent a rather large sum of gold, $1.575b - yeah that's billion with a B! Fortunately for me this did have a significant impact on my army and likely helped to raise my total attack by 650k and defense by 500k.

However, if I was to do this today, the new Artifacts and Helmets would have likely increased my army by around 1m each! Heck, even only buying the 2nd tier artifact and helmet for $875k each would have had a larger increase than the items I purchased for $1.5m. I could almost purchase the new $420k items for a comparable stats increase from the $1.5m items only a month or so ago. You have effectively devalued the 1,050 items I purchased for $1.5m each by $1.134B!!!

New items are great and we love new things but please, let's do it with some rationale.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Please explain what you are thinking,

After a month you replace the expensive equipment we all busted our butts to equip our army with better equipment at the same price. Essentially telling us we wasted our time.

Worse, you add in expensive units to buy that are generally better than the units we get from quests. Setting off a huge round of stat inflation that further widens the gap between gemmers and non gemmers.

This fundamentally distorts the game and will chase the little guys away along with some big folks who are simply tired of this silliness.

Just pull the plug if you want to kill the game please.

I would love to hear a developer tell me why I am wrong and this was a great idea. Consider it a challenge please.
    Another problem for older players who non / light gemmers is that players who are 100-150 levels lower can get the same equipment and have similar attack damage for LTQs / EB boss events. I'm a light gemmer and I don't expect to compete with top 1000 players who spend are in top guilds - but seeing player 100 levels below with the same equipment is annoying .
    If older players had this opportunity back then , the gap wouldn't be as wide .

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I agree , I feel like I just wasted 100 million gold

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I spent 13B completely upgrading equipment with 1575 for each category only to find it grossly devalued a week or two later - quite the kick in the teeth. Strong message to players is -"why bother? your effort will quickly be rendered useless"

But the units are even worse in terms of unbalancing the game.

From my perspective, the developers appear to have no thought or plan. I am asking to be proven wrong with some sort of explanation by Gree. It appears this game has completely jumped the shark....
    Last edited by Jomama1; 01-25-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    I agree , I feel like I just wasted 100 million gold
    100 million? Lucky you. I spent almost 2.5 billion. (1.5 million x 1575) on artifacts that are now going to be replaced by the new ones.

Consistent Contributor Uberfauker's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    ...we wasted our time.
    For years now...
    ...What?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    But the units are even worse in terms of unbalancing the game.
    This game was never designed to be balanced for everyone. You're balanced only to your pay group. Meaning how much you're willing to spend. So say you're willing to spend $30/mo on this, you're likely about even with someone who spend the same amount. A month or so back, someone purchase 800x of the 200gem unit for 3% atk boost. There's no way to catch up to him unless you're willing to spend the same amount.

If you want a game that's balanced for everyone, don't play any "pay to win" games.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't expect a balanced game ( I don't live in a black and white world), but wild swings and stats are not good for players or gree. I don't think many have thought through the implcations of these new money units.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 01-28-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I quite like these changes (for me) as I've been able to more than triple my defence without spending any gems. I've just raided a whole lot more, earned myself some gold and bought >1,000 of the 98k gold units.

I'd be royally pissed if I'd spent real money on finishing events in the last few months, because these new units make just about all recent unit prizes useless. It does give those of us unable/unwilling to spend much money to catch up a bit.

I do think the improved units are too big a jump from those previously available, though

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Lmao, these gold units that are in the store now, will eventually become worthless themselves. That's stat inflation. But it's a very nice jump now if you have enough gold to buy them.
    Purple Squirrel