Map cache increase and FPS limit to improve performance

The game client (iOS) remembers the last 10 map areas you have visited. A while ago, the maximum number of bases was increased to 11 (with the ion core) but the map cache still remembers only 10 map slices. This means that cycling through your bases is much slower than it should be (needs to load the map every time), and that the traffic to the server is much higher than it should be (=more lag and poor performance all over).

So, make everyone a favor and increase the map cache in the game client to 11 or more, everyone will be happy and you will save a ton of server bandwidth.

Plus, I think that the animations are nice and cool to watch, but having your phone chew up battery like mad just to watch those oil derricks pump oil ever so smoothly looses it's cool after a year or so. Please provide an option to have a more or less static screen, or at least limit the FPS to 5 or something so you can play more than 30 minutes without plugging in a charger.

Thanks.

Nice posts TGS, they should help if Gree wanted to give players a smoother service.

But the question about performance of a map that was designed for 30,000 players which each world was supposed to hold, not performing very well with a few hundred active players tell you all you need to know,
    If your fixes speeds things up, they are likely to just load more worlds onto fewer servers. So you may notice a small performance boost until they absorb it by loading the server with more worlds or pop ups.....

Great post, your detailed knowledge of the games inner workings and coding calamities has reassured me that gree is completely capable of stopping the hackers.
    Not !

I have examined the game quite extensively, you know, for science... and I am quite convinced that it is not possible to "hack" it unless you somehow break into the servers. All the so-called gold hacks only change what is displayed on screen but they do not alter the information on the servers. In fact, everything you do in the game is validated and executed on the server so there is no (easy) way to "hack" the game. Some games store part of the game state on the client and that leaves them open to "hacks". WoN does not work that way and this makes it quite resistant to "hacking".

I play for fun, im a highly experienced and skilled player and can coin.
    At least Ios gets 11 bases, Android only gets 10 still with the exception of the Gree Employee in world 19 Kulo, they have 11 but nobody else does and gree denies everything have been since w19 first opened and call it a glitch and say Kulo doesn't work for gree.
    it would be nice though if Gree restored the maps like they used to be in terms of the resources as I remember with patches they used to go up to around lvl 20 in the early days which was awesome but now lvl 10 is max, Plus I believe maybe spawn some low level titanium and uranium patches outside of the 1400 renegade zone and those in the 1400 zone don't spawn in areas impossible to develop an op on.
    Last edited by MadWolf; 01-08-2016 at 06:40 AM.

Oil, iron, uranium and titanium have always topped out at level 10 (for the patches) but the buildings that you can build on the ie: (oil pump, iron mine, uranium and titanium drill) all top out at level 18

I play for fun, im a highly experienced and skilled player and can coin.
    Actually no they haven't, I've played this game since it started on ios, it was right up to the release of w13 on Android that resource patches went above lvl 10

Then i must only be android that have patches above Lvl 10 as like you I played iOS version since W7