Banned accounts - Questions from all Top 3-50 teams. Developer needed - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned accounts - Questions from all Top 3-50 teams. Developer needed

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    The last time some players got a huge quantity of gold they weren't entitled to, Gree took it back very quick. Those players who'd used it up if I remember right were deemed to owe the company for what they'd used. As I wasn't one of them I don't know how that panned out, but would you prefer that solution to it being taken back?

Blocking the accounts was a wrong decision no doubt, but allowing those players to blast through 2,000,000 gold when they'd only paid for what, 800 bars or whatever that bundle would normally give you, would be a bad outcome against all other players who are vastly in the majority. I can only guess that blocking gold use by those accounts until the situation was rectified was not possible.
    Big difference: that was when gree accidentally gave too much bonus gold to people. This was a legally binding purchase. Gree chose to sell that much gold for 39.99, and players chose to buy it.

Post Count
    It will be tough to top this blunder, but I'm sure Gree will find a way.

What a clown show.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes war should have been cancelled for everyone, servers stopped, so no one could log in. But for anyone to believe that getting 2mill gold for $50 would be perfectly all right and not an error, are out of their minds, it puts everyone to dust who spend big this year, so of course the ones buying were in bad faith. Had it been 5-10k it would be plausible that it wasn't a mistake, but 2mill... C'mon.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sfun View Post
    Amount was 1000 gold. The 2m was most likely cc cash and not gold. The right move was to shut down the game, cause now this war is a joke. And the threat of banning players that took advantage of the bundle pack is even a bigger joke. Doing that and most of your gold spenders are gone. And you dont want that Gree now do ya?
    ^this. No one truly believes GREE meant to give people 2 million gold. Legally binding purchase or not the GREE TOS pretty much states "we can do whatever the hell we want with the virtual currency you buy from us."

Now GREE could've handled this situation much better than they did. Reverse the transaction of every single player who purchased the bundles, refund everyone, post an apology, and release a new mistake-free bundle. Instead, they ban *most* of the people who bought the bundle, and post a threat to those players not to abuse their mess ups again or it will result in a permanent ban. This is not the best way for a company to handle a situation like this.

I'm going to take a wild guess as to why they did what they did which would be to not have to refund everybody their $40, because for most people they just bought gold because of the 2 million gold and if they refunded them they wouldn't see that $40 again. And that doesn't say a lot of good things about a company.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    In case anyone's actually curious, I don't think there's any law that says a company has to honor a purchase when the price was genuinely listed in error. It's complicated, especially in situations (like this) where the purchase was actually allowed to go THROUGH, but no, they're not going to be required to utterly screw up their game to honor a listing error.

Personally, I'd just let everyone have their fun for a week, then declare the game broken and start over. Wipe everyone's stats, and try to actually have a plan for the second go-around.

Edit: US law. Europe is so messed up I have no idea what goes on over there.
    Last edited by Dipstik; 12-19-2015 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Why does GREE not just close down? Makes the most sense, no?
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Harassing Peoples' Wallets and Taking peoples' Souls since the Beginning of Time

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    In case anyone's actually curious, I don't think there's any law that says a company has to honor a purchase when the price was genuinely listed in error. It's complicated, especially in situations (like this) where the purchase was actually allowed to go THROUGH, but no, they're not going to be required to utterly screw up their game to honor a listing error.

Personally, I'd just let everyone have their fun for a week, then declare the game broken and start over. Wipe everyone's stats, and try to actually have a plan for the second go-around.

Edit: US law. Europe is so messed up I have no idea what goes on over there.
    In the UK the is a buyers and sellers agreement. when a buyer buys somethink at a certain price they have entered a contract with the seller on that agreed price, doing what they are doing they have broken their side of the contract,For example if you go in to the shop and the is the wrong offer up next to the product saying half price £1 babybell cheese and they forgot to take it down and a customer goes to the til and it was a different price they have to sell you that product to you at the price they advertise unless it stats an end date on the offer label. It is classed as false adverising.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungho View Post
    Yes war should have been cancelled for everyone, servers stopped, so no one could log in. But for anyone to believe that getting 2mill gold for $50 would be perfectly all right and not an error, are out of their minds, it puts everyone to dust who spend big this year, so of course the ones buying were in bad faith. Had it been 5-10k it would be plausible that it wasn't a mistake, but 2mill... C'mon.
    Right, because Gree doesn't have a history of making bad decisions that upset their top spenders.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberleyj View Post
    In the UK the is a buyers and sellers agreement. when a buyer buys somethink at a certain price they have entered a contract with the seller on that agreed price, doing what they are doing they have broken their side of the contract,For example if you go in to the shop and the is the wrong offer up next to the product saying half price £1 babybell cheese and they forgot to take it down and a customer goes to the til and it was a different price they have to sell you that product to you at the price they advertise unless it stats an end date on the offer label. It is classed as false adverising.
    That's actually not correct. It's a common misconception. Under UK contract law a price on an item of goods is simply "an invitation to treat". In strict legal terms it is you that makes the offer by offering to buy the product with your money. A shopkeeper who has mistakenly priced a product too cheaply is therefore not obliged to sell at that price (although for a cheese costing a quid most would no doubt honour it). However as has already been mentioned, the legal situation is maybe more complex here as the deal has already gone through.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunk View Post
    That's actually not correct. It's a common misconception. Under UK contract law a price on an item of goods is simply "an invitation to treat". In strict legal terms it is you that makes the offer by offering to buy the product with your money. A shopkeeper who has mistakenly priced a product too cheaply is therefore not obliged to sell at that price (although for a cheese costing a quid most would no doubt honour it). However as has already been mentioned, the legal situation is maybe more complex here as the deal has already gone through.
    I guess my book of law is wrong then ��. Also when ever i go to the shops i bring this infomation to light and the shops do honor the offer price. Anyways gree needs to get it's act together , telling customers they are in the wrong when it was their error, what a joke. I could understand if all these players had hacked the game but it wasn't it was due to an error on their part, maybe they need to get new staff seen as their seem to be alot of errors and bugs in this game.
    Last edited by kimberleyj; 12-19-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I suspect most people working in shops are not too clued up on the finer points of law, plus they won't want the hassle for piddling amounts.

Lurker
    Post Count
    It would certainly be nice to get some news on when we will be un-banned

Post Count
    Most people would just honor the price for those who came in and fix it as soon as the mistake came to light if we were talking about small item. Suck it up and lose the $20 to keep a customer happy. This is actually a very complicated question because the sale already went through and a product was delivered. The next question is whether an automatically processed purchase is the same as if there was a meeting of the minds with a real person who honored the mistakenly posted sale price. Then there's the ultimate question of whether a company is required to absolutely destroy its product to honor an obvious mistake, which is what would happen here if a few people were permitted to keep a game-warping amount of gold.

It's a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I saw it. I didnt buy it because I knew what would follow and didnt want to get mixed up in it. Retail law is different from online law, in a store you have physical mechanical transactions. Online there are automatic transactions. Meaning that there is no one to review the individual transaction prior to agreement. In e-commerce the contract is the terms of service agreement. You agree to the terms of service prior to account creation for transactions. Thats your legally binding contract. So the answers are in the terms of service that were agreed upon prior to account creation. Is there language in the TOS that allows the site to reserve the right to freeze, cancel, edit, refund, etc?

There is also unilateral mistake of fact. And this is whats most important. Was there an error, that one party involved in the transaction was not aware of? Was the error unconscionable? Meaning was it reasonable to assume it was a mistake?

Please respectfully understand I do not know the TOS. I agreed to them but never read them. Im not trying to takes sides or create an argument. Im simply stating some facts as I understand them. That way you can take them, and see how it applies to your situation. And properly focus your energy and efforts to combat this. You may find you have no legal grounds. But that does not limit your ability to protest.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    It's a mess.
    It most certainly is.

More shocking how silent Gree is now. A massive screw up that has affected many players and syndicates. Only word by them it is our fault and not theirs. Also hearing Gree hasnt learned from their misstakes and scratcher prizes where short time available in store. Gree will never learn it is a neverending cycle.