GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Banned accounts - Questions from all Top 3-50 teams. Developer needed

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Boa View Post
    Not wishing to get bogged down with definitions of words and such but you did, whose fault it was isn't really relevant even if as in this case they made it easy
    My friend, I didn't cheat as I don't buy gold, and GREE released the bundle with 2M gold, so ya...
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Harassing Peoples' Wallets and Taking peoples' Souls since the Beginning of Time

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LüK€¥ View Post
    My friend, I didn't cheat as I don't buy gold, and GREE released the bundle with 2M gold, so ya...
    I didn't cheat either but I probably would've done if I'd known and yes gree mistakenly released a bundle with 2M gold which gave people the opportunity to gain an unfair advantage ergo cheat. Anyway as said let's not get bogged down on definitions.

Some one in my new team bought three of the 2M bundle packs, I couldn't help but admire that

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    There's nothing unfair about it, you bought it as you have money(even though you would know its too good to be true) or you didn't..
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Harassing Peoples' Wallets and Taking peoples' Souls since the Beginning of Time

Post Count
    I studied Dutch law for a few years, not too long ago, but I never finished it, because I realized I didn't want to become a lawyer, judge or anything like that.

There are several questions;
    - Which law is applicable? You can know everything about Dutch law, but nothing about American law.
    - At which court should this civil action suit be presented.
    - What is the damage done to players, how do you evaluate that?
    - Was it players own fault? Was it reasonable?

In Dutch law there is the rule of "redelijkheid en billijkheid" in a contract, which translates loosely to "reasonability and righteousness" (where righteousness should be explained as parties having the intent to make this type of contract with each other). This is probably also the case for most other "western civilizations". When going to court this will result in a weight measurement by a judge (which is a per case evaluation). A judge will always look at parties in this form: "What would/could expect a reasonable man from the contract". If the supermarket forgot to remove a label from the bread-basket saying it's 30 percent off this would ofcourse result in; The supermarket made an error, a reasonable man may expect that that bread is indeed 30 percent off, the reasonable man will get his wish. However, if I try to sell my house for a million, but accidentally the broker sells it for 10k, a judge will decide that it is an unreasonable price for the house and will declare the contract as invalid/never existed.

This will not be different in CC; 2million gold for €/$50 is unreasonable, a reasonable man should have known that. A judge will simply declare the contract as invalid, with good right; it would unbalance the game totally. If you push for your money back Gree will probably do exactly that.

I'm specifically saying here that I don't agree on the banning of players (although Gree probably has the right to do so by their TOS), and my suggestion to Gree would definitely be something like: Give the players who bought the gold 150% of the sum they should have gotten and say you're sorry.

Legally, I definitely wouldn't want to be the lawyer defending the players, he is going to have a really bad time.
    Last edited by name; 12-30-2015 at 04:52 PM. Reason: clarification in terminis and grammar
    972-301-175

Post Count
    All kidding aside, the banning was to put a stop to the orgy of gold spending while they fixed it, not an attempt to punish "cheaters."
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    All kidding aside, the banning was to put a stop to the orgy of gold spending while they fixed it, not an attempt to punish "cheaters."
    Which actually legitimately sounds perfectly reasonable. Except for the last part of Milburn Pennybags post where he implied that the fact that they were taking no further punitive action against those who bought the gold was somehow gree being merciful, and threatened players who dare to continue to "cheat" with permanent bans...

Post Count
    Oh, did he "imply" that? Grow a pair already.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    You're actually quite right man!
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    it really depends what those " adjustments" are. we could start by subtracting any IP scored by a player using the 2m gold on all top ten teams. after reviewing those rankings, the question is what further adjustments would they make. some of the 2m players would have scored about the same. some would have scored far less. and in the case of doc durden who never bought the 2m gold but is still banned, its safe to assume he would have scored more than he had.

I am sure the brilliant minds at gree have a fair and comprehensive solution planned, and we are all awaiting it anxiously.
    i show u what the score are after this war, i get screen of team before and now, that not the same.

there is a 3m diff IP, not a little thing.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    it really depends what those " adjustments" are. we could start by subtracting any IP scored by a player using the 2m gold on all top ten teams. after reviewing those rankings, the question is what further adjustments would they make. some of the 2m players would have scored about the same. some would have scored far less. and in the case of doc durden who never bought the 2m gold but is still banned, its safe to assume he would have scored more than he had.

I am sure the brilliant minds at gree have a fair and comprehensive solution planned, and we are all awaiting it anxiously.
    GREES got their self's in a while mess...
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Swafles houses top 33 at the moment when they are top 10 last war, eastsiders top 11, need a good spend for enter in top 10. Another team come for top 10 soon. No chance

Maybe wait another bundle, only chance

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by F@st View Post
    Swafles houses top 33 at the moment when they are top 10 last war, eastsiders top 11, need a good spend for enter in top 10. Another team come for top 10 soon. No chance

Maybe wait another bundle, only chance
    Maybe its a conspiracy theory?
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Post Count
    I have no idea what f@st is talking about...
    Still mad at Bostick.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I have no idea what f@st is talking about...
    I know!! So confusing. Can't understand him, poor grammar. Hurts my brain.
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    He's providing play by play cometary for you so enjoy 😊