Banned Accounts for buying gold - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banned Accounts for buying gold

Post Count
    You can't fix this. This is lawsuit worthy.

Post Count
    Well when you use a commercial excavator, there seems to be no limit to how low you can go.
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    At least we got a statement from GREE. I can accept an account reset, but will they accept that I prefer a refund?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sfun View Post
    I lost count. Curious how they will fix their major **** up.
    They give you 5 energy refills and a we will advance your issues to the development team........

Post Count
    If this surprises or upsets you, you have not lowered your expectations low enough. What you need to expect is nothing, and know that no matter how much you pay, that's exactly what you're going to get. Every. Single. Time.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    If this surprises or upsets you, you have not lowered your expectations low enough. What you need to expect is nothing, and know that no matter how much you pay, that's exactly what you're going to get. Every. Single. Time.
    Spot on. Kind of like voting to reelect your congressmen/political leaders every year and then complaining because nothing changes.

Banned
    Post Count
    To be clear, this was not a glitch and no one who bought the bundle violated the ToS. Gree has always varied the amount of gold in these bundles, unlike vaults which are always 1500 gold. A glitch involves manipulating the game to take advantage of a bug that isn't supposed to be there. Gree chose the amount of gold to sell in this bundle, players chose to spend their money to buy it.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E.g.E View Post
    What makes a legally binding contract?
    3 important components of it. Invitation to offer, offer and acceptance.
    Advertising something is not legally binding, it is just an invitation to offer so can be revoked anytime before final acceptance.
    In this case Gree advertised 2m gold for whatever it was costing which is invitation to offer.
    Then players made an offer by acting on that invitation and trying to buying the advertised amount of gold for the advertised cost. This is an offer.
    As soon as the transaction go through and players credited with 2m gold for the advertised cost this is acceptance of the offer which automatically created a legally binding contract between Gree and the players who purchased the gold.
    One more thing, once offer is accepted there is no going back. Contract is complete and parties to contract must comply. There are lots of examples of this in the past.
    Simple Contract Law.
    There is a legally binding contract. Gree cannot "legally" ban players and get 2m gold back.
    Well question is who would take them to court over this.
    Ohh well fudge it... Gree is being typical Gree...
    Here is a similar legal concept: a Hyundai dealership accidentally shows a bunch of sticker prices at one dollar for a brand new car. I go and buy two dozen cars for 24 dollars. Hyundai figures it out and corrects the price. If they took me to court, would a judge say they have any right to expect me to return the cars and get my 24 dollars back?

Post Count
    *munches popcorn*
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    Here is a similar legal concept: a Hyundai dealership accidentally shows a bunch of sticker prices at one dollar for a brand new car. I go and buy two dozen cars for 24 dollars. Hyundai figures it out and corrects the price. If they took me to court, would a judge say they have any right to expect me to return the cars and get my 24 dollars back?
    Really.. A Hyundai?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Am the lawyer, judge, jury and executioner for GREE. And I say GREE is GUILTY.

But as am a nice bloke, I will buy the Dev team a Christmas present, I'll buy them a ****
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Harassing Peoples' Wallets and Taking peoples' Souls since the Beginning of Time

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Really.. A Hyundai?
    Well in all fairness they were ranked #7 in affordable midsize cars by U. S. News & World Report so it's a close comparison.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Fish View Post
    Well in all fairness they were ranked #7 in affordable midsize cars by U. S. News & World Report so it's a close comparison.
    They are the best value on the road today, and that's at sticker price. One issue with my analogy is that a Hyundai at any price is a tremendous value, Gree gold is not.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you own one of the recall Sonata that when put in park it might not fully engage & roll off you probably want get that taken care of.

But really your comparing GREE to Hyundai was an insult to Hyundai.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Once I bought a welcome mat from a large retailer. On the shelf, the sign said $9.99. I matched the UPC to the product to make sure that's what I was purchasing, and it even had a picture of the product on the sign so there was no discrepancy. When I went to pay, it rung up at $19.99. I called them on it and the cashier didn't really believe me. I took a picture of the sign and matched everything up, and they had to honor it. It was advertised and I accepted their offer. No harm no foul, they just had to honor their mistake.

Another time at a restaurant, they had several signs on the door and throughout the restaurant advertising a promotion to get a free appetizer if you got an entree or something like that. So I ordered one. When the check came, it had the appetizer on it. Simple mistake and I asked for it to be taken off since they were running that promotion. Managers came out to tell me that the promotion didn't start for two days and they just put out the sign early, which they shouldn't have. They didn't want to honor their mistaken advertisement. Well, I showed them the sign and how it didn't have any effective dates on it, which made it effective immediately. They tried to argue, but I said I wouldn't have ordered it if their sign didn't indicate the promotion. I told them it was false advertisement and they can't do that. They ended up honoring it and then took down the signs.

Point is, Gree needs to honor it, even if it was a mistake. I don't care if it created an unfair advantage. It wasn't a glitch; they just have untrained staff who don't check their work. The sign was up. Honor it.
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14