Banned Accounts for buying gold - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banned Accounts for buying gold

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Everyone will be restored at the same time the rival list is working again at least that's what we hope as half our syndicate is missing

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well this must be the first ever glitch in crime city. I remember the items for sale during eb. Final prizes opened in case event. Where thise accounts locked then.......nope....... just because your company doesnt check your work is not my fault. It serves you right for doing such a ****ty job and just pushing out content without checking anything......

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jfgarzon View Post
    Well this must be the first ever glitch in crime city. I remember the items for sale during eb. Final prizes opened in case event. Where thise accounts locked then.......nope....... just because your company doesnt check your work is not my fault. It serves you right for doing such a ****ty job and just pushing out content without checking anything......
    Too true.....

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

Exciting update: Beginning with the Duel for the Deuces Battle for Empire City, Accomplices will no longer factor into battle calculations. Though all Accomplices you've recruited will still remain in your inventory, battle calculations will be calculated using only Mafia Stats. We hope you enjoy the classic Battle for Empire City and build the strongest Mafia to dominate and defeat your enemies! More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia.
    I finnally thought Gree wanted to compensate for the Accomplices. Yes, it was strange they wanted me to pay for the cmpensation, but again, its Grees developers who arranged it. At the end it wasnt that strange and even a good deal.

But no, it was an error done by Gree (not a glitch). Well, back to sending tickets for my Accomplices.

Wait wait! I cant.... I cant even log into the game cuz my accounts are banned, also those without accomplices and gold.

Smart move, Gree, smart move. "Lets call it a glitch and tell its the players fault". Standard Gree procedure: If the error cost the players gold, "we will look into it and inform our developers. Thank you for contacting Gree, but we cannot refund gold you lost due to the error".
    If the error cost Gree gold, "your banned. You exploit a glitch who occured because of our lack of competence. We might release your account before easter (they dont tell u witch year)".

Instead of taking the game offline, reset it like it was before the bundles went online, everyone would be treated equal and no one would get advantaed of Grees error, you chose to ban us who finnly thought we got a small compensation for the Accomplices. So, we are pissed, the ones who aint banned are pissed cuz they have to carry all the banned ones, the teams are pissed cuz many cant play.

Im impressed, never thought you could top the Accomplice scam.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by evj View Post
    I finnally thought Gree wanted to compensate for the Accomplices. Yes, it was strange they wanted me to pay for the cmpensation, but again, its Grees developers who arranged it. At the end it wasnt that strange and even a good deal.

But no, it was an error done by Gree (not a glitch). Well, back to sending tickets for my Accomplices.

Wait wait! I cant.... I cant even log into the game cuz my accounts are banned, also those without accomplices and gold.

Smart move, Gree, smart move. "Lets call it a glitch and tell its the players fault". Standard Gree procedure: If the error cost the players gold, "we will look into it and inform our developers. Thank you for contacting Gree, but we cannot refund gold you lost due to the error".
    If the error cost Gree gold, "your banned. You exploit a glitch who occured because of our lack of competence. We might release your account before easter (they dont tell u witch year)".

Instead of taking the game offline, reset it like it was before the bundles went online, everyone would be treated equal and no one would get advantaed of Grees error, you chose to ban us who finnly thought we got a small compensation for the Accomplices. So, we are pissed, the ones who aint banned are pissed cuz they have to carry all the banned ones, the teams are pissed cuz many cant play.

Im impressed, never thought you could top the Accomplice scam.
    TLDR

You cheated, now deal with the consequences.

SAS = cheaters!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    "Wasted Waterfront Bundle Issue

Due to an unexpected issue in our systems a bundle was briefly released today containing an erroneous amount of gold. Unfortunately some players may have attempted to take advantage of this glitch to gain unfair advantage. We have therefore locked those accounts temporarily. Players who purchased this bundle will have their accounts restored to the state they were in before the purchase and will have the correct contents of the bundle credited to their account. Once this is done the accounts will be unlocked. We will be reviewing the leaderboard standings at the close of the event to ensure that no one who played fairly was disadvantaged by this.

As a reminder, our terms of service explicitly prohibit intentionally taking advantage of glitches and exploits to the game code. While we will not be taking action in this case beyond restoring accounts to the pre-issue state, future violations of the terms of service may result in a permanent ban.

Thank you all for you understanding and cooperation as we work to correct this matter."

Interesting how an error on Gree's behalf has become a glitch and exploit.

Quite simple really - a bundle package was offered for sale, players purchased the package. No glitch, exploit nor was it cheating.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OMD73 View Post
    "Wasted Waterfront Bundle Issue

As a reminder, our terms of service explicitly prohibit intentionally taking advantage of glitches and exploits to the game code. While we will not be taking action in this case beyond restoring accounts to the pre-issue state, future violations of the terms of service may result in a permanent ban.

Thank you all for you understanding and cooperation as we work to correct this matter."

Interesting how an error on Gree's behalf has become a glitch and exploit.

Quite simple really - a bundle package was offered for sale, players purchased the package. No glitch, exploit nor was it cheating.
    Rhetorically question: If you didnt buy the gold and your online and can hit and you can hit a banned account u normally cant hit. Is that taking advantages of a glitch?

Players pm me and sends me ss of them beating my account. They are low levels and have no chance what so ever to beat my normal defense. They got higher points and can be the drop who makes their team win.

This is so stupid dumb. Gree should ask the goverment in USA for protection, not cuz of finacially reasons, but lack of IQ.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by evj View Post
    Rhetorically question: If you didnt buy the gold and your online and can hit and you can hit a banned account u normally cant hit. Is that taking advantages of a glitch?

Players pm me and sends me ss of them beating my account. They are low levels and have no chance what so ever to beat my normal defense. They got higher points and can be the drop who makes their team win.

This is so stupid dumb. Gree should ask the goverment in USA for protection, not cuz of finacially reasons, but lack of IQ.
    Is perfectly acceptable.

You cheated and these are the consequences.

Cheater!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Where is Rodimus when we need him? I would really enjoy one of his integrity and Gree's working hard speeches right about now lol

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    So many great responses. Dammit, where's my LIKE button gone!

Lurker
    Post Count
    What makes a legally binding contract?
    3 important components of it. Invitation to offer, offer and acceptance.
    Advertising something is not legally binding, it is just an invitation to offer so can be revoked anytime before final acceptance.
    In this case Gree advertised 2m gold for whatever it was costing which is invitation to offer.
    Then players made an offer by acting on that invitation and trying to buying the advertised amount of gold for the advertised cost. This is an offer.
    As soon as the transaction go through and players credited with 2m gold for the advertised cost this is acceptance of the offer which automatically created a legally binding contract between Gree and the players who purchased the gold.
    One more thing, once offer is accepted there is no going back. Contract is complete and parties to contract must comply. There are lots of examples of this in the past.
    Simple Contract Law.
    There is a legally binding contract. Gree cannot "legally" ban players and get 2m gold back.
    Well question is who would take them to court over this.
    Ohh well fudge it... Gree is being typical Gree...

Post Count
    This has to be the designers biggest screw up yet. They make a mistake and punish the players, most likely paying customers disproportionately? I'm pretty sure that if I was a gold player this would be my final "up yours" from gree.
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Post Count
    Is this another new low? How many of those we had?

Post Count
    Don't buy gold.

Lesson learned.

Ah Gree, you never cease to amaze.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I lost count. Curious how they will fix their major **** up.