Time to face facts. Dippy and I would have been better than any moderator ever here.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to face facts. Dippy and I would have been better than any moderator ever here.

Banned
    Post Count

Time to face facts. Dippy and I would have been better than any moderator ever here.

We would have allowed people to have discussions without locking the thread, banning the the account, or warning people into a spirit of timid boredom. We would have respected the people who post here, and their emotions, and understood that there are times where it is perfectly reasonable to lose your temper and make comments from a place of anger.

It's a shame the forum had to turn out like this, but Gree and the people who didn't want us as moderators are responsible. And they got exactly what they wanted.

Post Count
    Gree did go through a martial law stage, but there are hardly any threads locked anymore. It's not a free-for-all, but it's better than it used to be. I'll agree that you probably would be a fine moderator. Did you ever apply?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by crime cow View Post
    Gree did go through a martial law stage, but there are hardly any threads locked anymore. It's not a free-for-all, but it's better than it used to be. I'll agree that you probably would be a fine moderator. Did you ever apply?
    There is nothing worth reading, nor is there anything worth locking, because anyone who can write anything worth reading or locking has learned not to bother.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Munching popcorn......

Post Count
    To be fair, it doesn't take much to exceed the quality of moderation we've had since ccm left. The new guys seem to have learned that it's best to be invisible.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I thought 1shot did an excellent job during his last two weeks lmao

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    There is nothing worth reading, nor is there anything worth locking, because anyone who can write anything worth reading or locking has learned not to bother.
    There's only so many ways to rephrase the same old complaints about the game.

Gold users complain about...
    (a) prizes are duplicates
    (b) prizes don't stack
    (c) defence mods mean the lesser spenders can't hit anybody anymore

Free players don't care, because both ends of their stick are covered in the brown stuff.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 12-11-2015 at 12:51 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    What happened to Vile Lynn?

And would you really want to moderate an Internet message board? That doesn't seem like a very fun job.

Post Count
    Well said.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I constantly inform everyone to adhere to GREE's forum policy. Do that, and I assure you that the integrity of the forum will improve.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    The new guys seem to have learned that it's best to be invisible.
    RL issues take precedence my friend. The four of us are still here and are willing to help...in the shadows, mist, smoke, and fog

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus View Post
    I constantly inform everyone to adhere to GREE's forum policy. Do that, and I assure you that the integrity of the forum will improve.
    Gree's forum policy is as bad as every other product they make. Just sayin'
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Gree's forum policy is as bad as every other product they make. Just sayin'
    How is that? The policy has been revised a few times over the years and is spot-on accurate as of now, IMO. Now for the product, yes, GREE has some major/minor bugs, hiccups, lags and other incidents that bogs down the overall gameplay. However, GREE does work diligently for all of us to make sure those problems are remedied with forum update statuses.

Post Count
    If you want to run a forum subjectively at the whim of the moderators, say so. If you want to have rules, enforce them. The worst choice possible is to claim you have rules, yet enforce them at the whim of a moderator. I once got banned for saying "And they say moderators have no sense of humor!" after (I think relic) tried to make a particularly bad joke. "Trolling" has pretty much been defined as "saying something I don't like." At the same time, people have been allowed to openly discuss and advocate for refund fraud here for a LONG time, which isn't difficult to spot and is supposed to be a lifetime ban.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Rodimus, you'll never come out ahead by trying to have a discussion on forum moderation in public. Some people think anything should go on the forum, which is completely against the logic of Gree hosting a forum. If you want that kind of discussion go to the yahoo message boards. Other people think any sort of calling anyone out, is an insult. I think what most people have expressed over time (my opinion from reading posts) is that they would like this to be a good discussion of game advice, tips and strategies. However, that's not possible when Gree refuses to have any sort of engagement and continues to roll out the same events over and over and over...the only real strategy is to buy gold.

As info, the definition of trolling is in the Code of Conduct (I've pasted it below) and it does leave some judgement up to the moderators, but for the most part, I think you could easily find posts that violate the definitions below on an almost daily basis.

No Trolling: This includes -

Creating threads for the sole purpose of disrupting the forum.
    Causing disorder in threads by picking fights, making off-topic posts that ruin the thread discussion, and insulting other posters.
    Creating posts designed to receive inappropriate responses.
    No Bumping: Creating short posts with the sole intention of keeping threads at the top of the forum is called “bumping.” This raises forum traffic and clutter and moves more active threads down the page which may result in the thread being lost. Persistent offenders will be issued a warning or infraction. This rule excludes recruitment threads. Recruitment threads will be allowed one (1) bump either every 24 hours or when the thread moves to the second page of the sub-forum.

Also, for what it's worth, any sort of refund discussion is banned by the code of conduct. So technically, whether for or against it, posts about refunds should not be allowed. Also, some people like to throw the word fraud around without really understanding what it means. I've seen very few posts advocating fraud.

Interestingly enough, I don't see anything in the COC about 'I quit' threads, but that's one of the few actions that's blocked regularly.

You have a thankless job as moderator in this forum, but I think the moderation now is better than it has been in the past. There are some things I think should be done differently, but I guess the solution is either I can apply to be a moderator, or I can shut up about it...