Defense Buildings - Whats the best? What do you think?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defense Buildings - Whats the best? What do you think?

Post Count

Defense Buildings - Whats the best? What do you think?

I have seen the wiki and its not complete and not helpful.

I'm level 49 (almost 50)

I want to know:

1. what defense buildings that i should focus my money on to improve my hood/mafia defense?

2. Are abandoned buildings a waste of time / money / space? Their level 10 output was only 110 i think.

3. Guard Towers, i see people with 10,20,30 of these in their hood. Good/Bad?

4. Gatling Guns, i hear/read about these being the best defense item in the game due to their small space requirement and high output. However, they cost $54,000 for 25 defense. Are these really what they are cracked up to be?

5. Safehouse - Don't bother?

Your thoughts, what is the best defense structure? Consider Money, Time, Space, Defense it gives....

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    hey duke.. free bump

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I think the best ones are the safe house and the gatling gun.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    I think the best ones are the safe house and the gatling gun.
    What about those makes you think they are the best?

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke.0 View Post
    What about those makes you think they are the best?
    Don't take alot of place and the prices are good...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Don't take alot of place and the prices are good...
    What level / defense are you at with the safehouse and the gatling gun?

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I find defense buildings really pointless. After I rebooted my character and restarted, I did away with defense buildings altogether, building only a watch tower and an abandoned building as part of the earliest missions. That's it! I focus on getting good weapons for my small gang of mafias, and at every level my att-def stats are at the top 5% (mostly gold payers higher). I hardly ever lost an attack and even robberies are limited. For my higher level character, I stopped building defense and upgrading them...and I feel like I am missing anything.

In fact, when I look for rival targets, I choose those with big disparity between attack and defense, cos these is indication of their true weapons quality. What I find empirically is that defense buildings give players a false sense of security with an over-inflated high defense score.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    they're useless because you don't know how to make them useful.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by khung003 View Post
    Thanks for being so insightful, but what is your answer to the question?

What is the best defense structures in your opinion?

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yeah I really do not know how to make defense buildings useful. In all my attacks and robberies, I have yet to see any correlation between high defense points and effectiveness against my attacks. It's a mystery what formula they use. The most reliable factor is still great weapons, in my opinion.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by khung003 View Post
    Hi Khung,

dont let us die before we know the answer how to make defense buildings useful!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Most of the time I can't explain much to you guys because of 2 things:
    - You don't trust me.
    - It's something you never experienced, because the time you play is too short to experience that.
    Blame me if you want.

I will tell you the direction, explore it yourselves to know I'm right or wrong.
    Although I don't like suspected cheaters much, but the way they play somehow mature than most people in this game.
    (don't express my words as cheat is right, I repeat cheat is wrong, I only mean the way they play)
    Look at them and learn how effectively they use defense buildings. That the only way you could play with multiple value & expensive buildings. if you don't do so, you can only play with cheap buildings.

Post Count
    How do u effectively use a defense building? Either u upgrade it or not, but he wants to know the best ones. Id say go for an armory if u wanna spend some gold or the defense towers

Post Count
    @G Wiz
    Thanks a bunch!

How about buildings without gold? I'm level 51 so i don't see the defense tower (unless you mean guard tower from early game?)

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Let say something u familiar with

Imagine, both of you sell chewing gums, the gums business give you a few bucks to a hundred bucks/day. And you protect your gums business with a pocket knife.

When someone rob you with the same pocket knife, you fight back, when someone visit you with a gun, you can just tell him, take all if you want, don't hurt me. gums is cheap, the loss costs several bucks, just nothing to you.

And finally you guys easily come to a false conclusion (that will be easily agreed by other gum owners) is all defense weapons (that pocket knife) are useless.
    Just give the robber your gums, it even better than fighting back, you won't get hurt just because of several bucks, is it right ?

One day, one guy come and tell you it's not what you think, buy a minigun, your enemies will stay away from you for miles. However you can' afford it, and it look stupid to protect chewing gums business with a minigun. Yeah you're still right with your current business, try build a bank, you will see how a minigun is different from a pocket knife.