GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: even the forum is boring

IGN: EMP TGC DaTweekaz LINEID: emptweekaz
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Even the KnD forums are dead. Its very saddening indeed.

Post Count
    Why would there be a knd forum after the game died?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bstewar6 View Post
    Even the KnD forums are dead. Its very saddening indeed.
    It's not as dead as the League of War forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Why would there be a knd forum after the game died?
    I assume he's talking about the Knights & Dragons forum/game, which is not dead yet.
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

Post Count
    It isn't? News to me.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    http://forums.gree.net/forumdisplay....ts-amp-Dragons

People are posting in General even today.

WoN and LoW need to watch out, though gree has featured War of Nations in recent articles. Probably just part of the marketing machine as an attempt to revitalize it before making the decision to cut. League of War is likely on its way out.

Gree likes to prioritize its forums in descending order of the chopping block. It's not necessarily by thread/post count or else MW would be higher than CC. With their round of cuts in May or whenever it was, all their games on the lower half of the page got cut.

Watch out, LoW.
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

Post Count
    This thread isn't locked yet.

Weird.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    CJ54 was the biggest tool ever
    Hated that guy!!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Where's vile Lynn gone ?
    Kingpin power: 728/476
    Accomplice power: 1250/someting...can't remember

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    And why the heck they gave 1shot his account back and renamed him rhodimius ?
    Kingpin power: 728/476
    Accomplice power: 1250/someting...can't remember

Post Count
    Oh snap!!!
    Still mad at Bostick.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Hahaha I was thinking the same thing!!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    KMSL, Kids say the darndest things

Main Game
    War of Nations
    Post Count
    @Winnson Why would I lock it? The most I would do is move it to off topic. It doesn't violate anything, the thread is just simply an opinion, which I have no problem with.

Regarding the topic of the thread, yes, I do believe the forum has gotten very boring. Even when the CM's were here, the forum wasn't nearly as active as it used to be. Now that they're gone, forum community events have disappeared, and developers that have little time to communicate with us players are in charge of communicating with us....let's just say that feedback isn't nearly as quickly relayed as before, and the forum community hasn't been involved in anything at all ever since the CM's left.

Post Count
    Urban weasel, baroness, and upsman.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    Regarding the topic of the thread, yes, I do believe the forum has gotten very boring. Even when the CM's were here, the forum wasn't nearly as active as it used to be. Now that they're gone, forum community events have disappeared, and developers that have little time to communicate with us players are in charge of communicating with us....let's just say that feedback isn't nearly as quickly relayed as before, and the forum community hasn't been involved in anything at all ever since the CM's left.
    I wouldn't say that the CM's did anything to add much to facilitate discussion, but they did get rid of some of the riff-raff. I think the biggest issue is there isn't anything to discuss. The same events run over and over and there isn't really any strategy, other than buy gold and lots of it. It used to be that you could think about doing an LTQ if the prize was decent. Now the prize is rarely worth it, except for the top spenders, who don't care how much gold it takes. SA has no strategy other than tap until you're empty, then wait to refill. Epic boss is done in a day or two for most people due to the crazy health of the boss and I know very few people that like raid boss and even less that think the rewards are worth the effort. I have over a trillion dollars on hand and have an average defense, so I should be an easy target, but I rarely get robbed or attacked. I used to get robbed all the time, so it seems like now that currency has exploded with nothing to spend it on, PvP just doesn't have the same appeal anymore. Bottom line, what is there to discuss?

As Mr. Power said in another thread, this game is in the decline stage. It didn't have to get here as quick as it did, but here we are and I don't think there is anyway back. Gree has written off the forum and has no concerns for their customers. They are now looking at event-based financials instead of looking at any sort of global strategy. This means they are milking this game for profit and once it ceases to be worth the effort, its done. Could be two years, could be more, could be less, but it is on the decline and I can't see any reason why someone would want to buy the game now as it would be awfully tough to attract new customers with the stat imbalance that now exists. So the forum is going the way of the game, but it fills the void left by canceled soap operas with the occasional helpful/fun thread thrown in.