Why do we play ?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why do we play ?

Lurker
    Post Count

Why do we play ?

It's interesting with all the new changes in the game during the last months to consider why do we still play ? Eventhough the game is so repetitive, no new features (except for a citadel which doesnt seem to appeal to anyone), lousy rewards for top players and no for lower players, even worse inflation of stats, gree getting rid of the quests people liked and no communication from Gree in a long long time.....despite all these changes we still play. Is the game funny anymore ? Not by itself, but perhaps friends in the guild and the knowledge of how much time, and for some money, we have spent on this game..we find it hard to quit in the end. Have a feeling though that eventhough it's been said many many times before this is the end.

Post Count
    I can understand that people continue to play... for free. But to still throw real money in this bottomless pit that is called gree?
    Every cycle is the same, no variation, even in the bugs and glitches. Programmers are sloppy and even worse, lazy!
    They couldn't even program their way to the toilet.
    P.S: You can say whatever you want/think in here, no one from gree ever reads this forum anymore.

Post Count
    We play, because it is what we do. It is a habit and nothing else. We are too committed to our guilds and can't pull away from it all.

Don't worry. People will continue to quit or go gem free. It is only a matter of time before you are forced to quit. I am looking forward to that day.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    It's interesting with all the new changes in the game during the last months to consider why do we still play ? Eventhough the game is so repetitive, no new features (except for a citadel which doesnt seem to appeal to anyone), lousy rewards for top players and no for lower players, even worse inflation of stats, gree getting rid of the quests people liked and no communication from Gree in a long long time.....despite all these changes we still play. Is the game funny anymore ? Not by itself, but perhaps friends in the guild and the knowledge of how much time, and for some money, we have spent on this game..we find it hard to quit in the end. Have a feeling though that eventhough it's been said many many times before this is the end.
    I do still some of the events, but will never again spend on trying to finish them, here is what I do, and I personally believe that 80% of playes do something similar

iLTQ..............only do normal as long as they have permanent bonus.............most probably skip this event altogether as the energy is crazy
    EB...................I used to spend some gems to finish legendary.................now days I only make kills during daily goals (so probably 5 or so kills per day)
    RB,....................my guild has very good participation, so we try to do as much as possible.............if not we just try to farm
    Box event...............again, I use to spend a little when I was at 9/10 items or 7/8 units, now days..........I just try to open from time to time and hope I get a decent unit
    PVP events...................DAMN those were very fun to do..........guess they were not making money on them so they got "retired"
    LTB...............were fun.............too bad, they were replaced with "buy for gems only" buildings
    WAR.............they are still fun, great team with good participation and coordination make it fun

I really REALLY HATE, those stupid goals about buy 3x set to complete 1/3, I do not really think anyone would be dumb enough to try to complete them, but I am probably wrong as they still releasing those "events"

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vclone View Post
    We play, because it is what we do. It is a habit and nothing else. We are too committed to our guilds and can't pull away from it all.

Don't worry. People will continue to quit or go gem free. It is only a matter of time before you are forced to quit. I am looking forward to that day.
    At the rate GREE is working toward the total destruction of both KA and MW (and probably all other games) I think MW or KA will be on the chopping block before the 2015 Year End financials are release

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    There is one good thing in all GREE is doing, i stopped using gems between wars.
    I fully agree with truthteller
    No fun, no money.
    The Red Baron TRB

Post Count
    Same for me. When a game is fun, it's ok to spend some money to thank the game makers for their work.
    I am also paying 70 euro for a PS4 game, so why not on 'free games' if I like the game. For KA that ended a long time ago, poorly programmed events and quests that cannot be completed. Totally agree with truthteller ^

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree seems content to destroy every event for the common player. Its all about squeezing every penny out of the dozen or so who are crazy enough to throw mountains of gems away on ILTQs and EB.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Seems the Box events are making Gree cash, as there is always one going. When one finishes, another one starts right away.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Normal Iltq will eventually stop having permanent units probably.. And once Gree realizes that ppl only do normal 20/20.. They will either take it away and have no bonus unit temp/perm... Or they'll increase the strength to kill a monster.. Thus making it impossible to finish without gems.. They take away all advantages..... Any part of the game that can be finished gem free will.