Thoughts on current lockout situation...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thoughts on current lockout situation...

Post Count

Thoughts on current lockout situation...

Posted this yesterday but noticed an error in the name of an app and also did some more testing of Bluestacks.

I joined the GroupMe room a couple of days ago https://groupme.com/join_group/18173858/nSsxsf and started asking some questions and tried to see if there is a pattern forming.

I did not realize that IOS players are also getting locked out as well as the Android players posting here.

Some off the top thoughts, this issue feels very similar to the one we had when Apple upgraded IOS to 8.0 and gree's MW updates suddenly broke locking out pretty much everyone on IOS. I think this happened right before a WD to make things worse. Anyhow it seemed to be a problem with the way MW talked to Game Centre, though gree never posted a reason for the problem and we got an app that worked eventually though I seem to recall at least 1 or 2 that never got back in.

Now some things that have happened in the past, Gree used to lock out older versions of the app. I think partly to combat exploits and running Bluestacks (note that the current version is fine) so if you have an older device on IOS such as a 1st Gen iPad, 4th Gen iPod, 3rd Gen iPhone the note on the app store is incorrect the app will not run on IOS 5.1.1! I think basically you need to be on at least 8.0 though all the devices I currently use are on 9.X so if you cannot run a newer version you are screwed if you update to the current version of the app on the app store.

For those that are not stuck with old devices I would look at your Game Centre log in, first try making sure you are logged into the Game Centre account associated with the MW player you want to access then open MW. Not the other way around. Technically though MW should run even if you are not in Game Centre as I have had messages telling me to log into GC.

Null sessions, this feels like something that was done to reduce server load, in other words they have throttled back session connection times as well as cut down on the number of available sessions. Where I saw this the most was during the final hour of WD the other day.

Server pushes that did not load, this is more of an issue on Android which I will get to but I have seen this on IOS when you are getting pretty full up storage wise seems 1 gb of free space is necessary which is crazy. A work around would be to nuke the app through setup and reinstall but beware if you are on an older device that is not compatible os wise!

Android, oh what a mess you are now. I was trying to see if there was some correlation to OS version but doesn't seem to be. I have devices on 4.x and 5.x and work fine. But my finding was that you needed a device with at least 1gb of available system heap and a minimum of dual core though quad cores are better. I further note about system heap. On devices with only 512k available MW would typically refuse to complete a download of a server push, for some reason the devs seemed to think everyone had devices with a gig or better. Doh…. sometimes you had to nuke every other app on the device!

A clue to the issue might be with the playstore app, when installing Bluestacks MW would refuse to run until I forced an update of playgames from the version loaded by Bluestacks. If this is a similar issue that we had with Game Centre on IOS then perhaps look at you playgames app. **note that I called this playstore in a previous post, it is not, check play games app's icon looks like a green XBox controller. MW would not load and would generate an error asking you to update this.

I would also try logging into playstore first and make sure you are logged in with the account associated with the MW player you are trying to launch before opening MW.

Support did tell one player uninstalling and reinstall the app however that has not worked for some though this makes me think that there is some sort of incompatibility with app version which was something that once affected IOS players.

One thing it could be is that the server is sniffing for units or perhaps a building that a player at a certain level should not have or the sniffer parameters are incorrectly flagging a legitimate unit by mistake and locking the account. Reason I am thinking of this is the inconsistency with which this issue is occurring. One player says that only his oldest Android player is locked out but new one's are not. Though I believe he is also saying that that old account may have been on a different playstore account. In any event it could be something completely at gree's end. Also of note, there is a bug in linking, if I open a map in a high level account that has unlocked a higher level map when I link to a lower level account with that map locked it is actually unlocked. So if you farmed a unit from a map not yet available to that account perhaps that is what is locking you..

I have a mix of very old players and brand spanking new players oldest being from Nov 2011 which was the week MW was first released on the app store and several months before wide release. This account has in the past suffered from being locked out as well and I always suspected it had to do with an old unit, specifically the Stealth Frigate. Also various devices on IOS and Android as well as OSX and Windows computers running Bluestacks across several operating systems and versions of Bluestacks. On a Mac you need to be on OSX 8.5.1 or newer and on Windows the latest Bluestacks 2 release has broken the video compatibility fix on some computers so if you have it running now make sure you do not nuke that installer as Bluestacks 2 may no longer work on your particular computer. Error asks you to update your video card sw meaning that BS is not liking the video card you are using. Most mainstream computers with stock video work pretty good but we have found it inconstant with aftermarket cards.

BS opens up an interesting option which is the ability to load up a full OS on a USB flash drive then install BS and run from the drive. On OSX this needs to be at least 32GB but a $15 stick is a lot cheaper than a new phone or tablet if you have access to computer and don't want to load it up with this stuff. Might be useful if you want to build a doomsday backup linked to your main account granted there are no guarantees that BS will remain compatible with MW….

Basically though these are all theories as we have never had gree actually tell us how they are fixing or not fixing the numerous player lock out's we have had over the years which has always troubled me because there seems to be quite the turn over within Dev.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Great read Agent Orange and thank you for all your work - I NOW always run my 1 MW account on IOS - Android and Bluestacks (Just to be safe) - I was locked out that last time for over 2 weeks and only got help when I lodged a complaint with the San Fran BBB - I doubt that will help now -

Sorry for those locked out - I know it is so frustrating - especially when you are being ignored
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Enjoy the ride. Just enjoy the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] Dredd View Post
    This is working as intended, the week two tokens build on the week one amount.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Gree laughs at the BBB.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post
    Great read Agent Orange and thank you for all your work - I NOW always run my 1 MW account on IOS - Android and Bluestacks (Just to be safe) - I was locked out that last time for over 2 weeks and only got help when I lodged a complaint with the San Fran BBB - I doubt that will help now -

Sorry for those locked out - I know it is so frustrating - especially when you are being ignored
    Thanks, that is the smart move having your accounts linked on both IOS and Android plus Bluestacks for added insurance. I do exactly the same because there is no way knowing which upgrade or server push is going to blow everything up.

Loaded Bluestacks on a quad core i7 MacBook pro with 16gb 500gb SSD and MW loads and plays extremely fast pretty much on par with the iPad pro however I still get login retry messages so the bottleneck is at gree's end.

Bottom line, it is sad that things got to this point. I actually still find the game interesting as a free player but there is no hope of being competative doing this and at this point no fair way of trying to even things up. The reality is as a free/very low spending player I really have no right to be upset by any of this, had I been a heavy spending player I'd be really pissed off now because gree's unit stat inflation rapidly makes units purchased with real money worthless forcing you to keep spending or fall behind. Granted at some point you probably stop caring or I hope so...
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Gree laughs at the BBB.

Wow, I agree with this man. LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks agent for all the Intel/info been a good read indeed. Big thumbs up

Post Count
    Thanks Levelhead! Just made another discovery Android players don't appear to be able to declare a war in FL! Error indicates faction is at war even though nothing comes up. Incredible.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hard to send a ticket if you can't log in Gree

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Thanks Levelhead! Just made another discovery Android players don't appear to be able to declare a war in FL! Error indicates faction is at war even though nothing comes up. Incredible.
    Not the case for me. However, I do have to press the button very deliberately. Just a tap won't do it.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Post Count
    Thanks J, tried it just now even a long tap and hold and nothing. Haaaa turns out it isn't what I thought it was it's the Faction that cannot declare! Outstanding work gree!

Since that one didn't have any IOS players I had to create yet another one, and it turns out that wasn'tt the problem! That makes 47 different players I now have.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    lockout lockout hmmm

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

Post Count
    Seems that faction is in a permanent state of war. I wounder if that happened when I declared a the last minute of the last WD but never got matched. Gree you out there to do a reset? I did send a ticket.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Not seeing that in my accounts. What I see is that the timer is a bit off between iOS and droid, so battle is over for droids but you can't declare yet. Wait 20 seconds and it's ok.

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    for iOS, i think i know what the problem is, as it seems very similar to when i could not see videos at home (2mb download speed), while no problmes at work (T1 connection). so it looks like i can play problem free at work but need to hit the retry button 50 times at home to get in.

Post Count
    I have the fix for my login problems ! ! ! I QUITE This is one bug too much for me . Goodbye everybody it was fun for 3years