Page 1 of 2 12 Last

set rings and amulets

I was lucky enough to receive a mastadons dragon forged armor plus version.
    However i cant pull the ring or amulet for this.
    Ive opened 4 max ring/amulet chests with no luck.
    Ive opened 100+ purple keys with no luck.
    Ive opened a crazy amount of gold keys and still nothing?
    I know its "random" but at this point its just a waste of time trying to open chests when its neigh impossible to complete this.

I would like to make a suggestion, put theset rings and amulets in the store instead of capes, or just make another catagory.
    Ive spent foolish gems chasing these, that buying either for the set at 100 gems each, would be an easy purchase.
    And i believe others might collect the sets for fun, because in a year when the armor becomes fusable they can already have the bling ready.

Same thing happened to me. I was complaining about how I never got a DF on my alt account and like a day later I got Mastadon normal. Used up all my keys and got the amulet. Ended up getting some ring/amulet chests during the limited edition chest and got my ring. They put these things in chests so you might have to spend loads of money trying to get the jewels or the armor. The whole thing is a con, and you should be aware of that before investing in chests. If you're going to spend gems on chests it's purely luck of the draw. The forum is literally littered with dozens of posts about how unfair chests are and what a ripoff they can be. You've been warned.

I have the opposite problem. No Dragonforged Armor, but tons of set rings and amulets.

I get plenty of set rings and amulets from the Enchanted Chest

Same here WatermelonSeed. No set DFs, but r&a sets. Wonder if it's intentional, to get people to spend more? The less set DFs you have, the more r&a sets you get, entice you to try to get the matching armor from chests. And the more set Dfs you have, the less chance of getting r&a sets from chests?
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Quote Originally Posted by Adisty View Post
    Same here WatermelonSeed. No set DFs, but r&a sets. Wonder if it's intentional, to get people to spend more? The less set DFs you have, the more r&a sets you get, entice you to try to get the matching armor from chests. And the more set Dfs you have, the less chance of getting r&a sets from chests?
    It would really suck if Gree checks your inventory before awarding chest armors. That would be even more criminal than the intentional misrepresentation of odds for receiving the best prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    It would really suck if Gree checks your inventory before awarding chest armors. That would be even more criminal than the intentional misrepresentation of odds for receiving the best prizes.
    Yes, it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I was complaining about how I never got a DF on my alt account and like a day later I got Mastadon normal. Used up all my keys and got the amulet. Ended up getting some ring/amulet chests during the limited edition chest and got my ring. They put these things in chests so you might have to spend loads of money trying to get the jewels or the armor. The whole thing is a con, and you should be aware of that before investing in chests. If you're going to spend gems on chests it's purely luck of the draw. The forum is literally littered with dozens of posts about how unfair chests are and what a ripoff they can be. You've been warned.
    I agree, this is GREE's way of robbing more money from you and the only solution is to stop spending completely or just in smaller amounts.

It's definitely intentional to get you to spend more money. I have no chest DFA (with sets) on my main but a ton of the jewels. And on my alt where I have several of the chest DFA with set, I am completely unable to pull the set jewels, they're all missing either the ring or amulet. The ones I do have, I had before I had the DFA and saved them. More anecdotal evidence - I keep getting duplicates of chest DFA I already have. I now have 3 Pelagic, 2 Deepsea, 2 Mastodon and 2 Pyrewind but no others from an absolute ton of chests (I'm dumb, I know). I'm kinda guessing the names but you get the idea :P
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

At least some of the set r&a's have decent stand alone stat boosts. I have 2 Heroic Flora rings (all 3 stat boosts), 1 Heroic Flora amulet (all 3) and an air ring (can't remember the name) that has all 3. I'm hoping to save enough gems to open 11 of this week's chest, since the DFs you pull are supposed to be guaranteed to be set armors (at least, that's how I read it). Only need 'bout 20 more gems. Wish the damn video button would quit giving me the "No offers Available" message after 3 videos...

At least some of the set r&a's have decent stand alone stat boosts. I have 2 Heroic Flora rings (all 3 stat boosts), 1 Heroic Flora amulet (all 3) and an air ring (can't remember the name) that has all 3. I'm hoping to save enough gems to open 11 of this week's chest, since the DFs you pull are supposed to be guaranteed to be set armors (at least, that's how I read it). Only need 'bout 20 more gems. Wish the damn video button would quit giving me the "No offers Available" message after 3 videos...
    I don't think they are guaranteed to be set DFA... I have pulled mono spirit, beetlefly, mono fire and all those pelagic across various accounts recently, none of which are set DFA. Pull rate for any DFA is also dreadful recently on my main. Would say with T25 being DFA now, save those gems and don't blow them on chests.
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM

amazing stubbornness. At least you'll be able to say: 'I have really hoped and really tried. I'm not someone who quits lightly'.

Same here. I pulled Soulbound and Astral the other day, but I don't have amulets for either. If you have the armor, you should be able to buy the set ring or amulet for them (only for chest dfa). Or at least some type of exchange for the sets. I have an extra earthworn ring, two extra heroic rings, two extra mastodon amulets, and extra deepsea amulet, and five extra heroic amulets (extra meaning more than one, as I can't ever see myself having even one of these armors)
    no

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    Would say with T25 being DFA now, save those gems and don't blow them on chests.
    I have difficulty holding on to gems long enough for a T25 run lol! And below is the ad for the chest I was referring to when I said DFs would be guaranteed sets

So if you pulled some DFs that weren't sets, I'd send a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    amazing stubbornness. At least you'll be able to say: 'I have really hoped and really tried. I'm not someone who quits lightly'.
    Thanks (I think?) I don't get my hopes up on the chests, so it really exciting when I do get something good. It's still just a game (that I enjoy), so I don't see a reason to quit

I have difficulty holding on to gems long enough for a T25 run lol! And below is the ad for the chest I was referring to when I said DFs would be guaranteed sets

So if you pulled some DFs that weren't sets, I'd send a ticket

Thanks (I think?) I don't get my hopes up on the chests, so it really exciting when I do get something good. It's still just a game (that I enjoy), so I don't see a reason to quit
    Ah ok - I didn't even look at that chest so didn't realise it had changed from the previous one. Although of course, even if you DID pull a non-set one and submitted a ticket they wouldn't do anything about it. I remember some time ago, they accidentally released a banner stating Overgrown was the latest chest armour and someone in our alliance opened 52 chests to try and get it (or 40 it may have been back then at the higher price) and then they re-released the banner with Overgrown not in it. The guy sent in a ticket saying he had opened the chests purely to get that armour which they hadn't even put in the chest and their reply was basically "sorry but tough sh*t".
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    their reply was basically "sorry but tough sh*t".
    I think that's the first line of their customer service training manual lol!