Epic Boss Collection Event

First the positive - cape appears to be really cool!

That's about where it ends. In line with the raid milestones etc, Gree has reduced the rewards. Glacial+ is a bit meh but whatever. It's the fact they have reduced the keys from 8 to 5 for the plus version AND it says the keys are for the Champion's Chest. So a month's work for and there isn't even a chance of a DFA at the end, just a much reduced chance at a crappy old epic. What's the point in even taking part?

I do want that cape though, however considering I have nearly 800 armours (300 of them FBA) and only 170 armour slots, it looks like once again I will be sitting this one out. I'll be damned if I'm paying in gems to unlock the extra space I need. Would be nice if Gree could cut the armoury limits just for Epic Boss Collection events to allow everyone to participate.
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

Those limited armory slots helped me a lot to 'un-addict' myself from the game.

NO WAY would I BUY an extension to the armory slots - I had collected so much high-value fusion stuff (3-/4-/epics/fba's) I would have to spend hundreds if not thousands of gems to make enough space for them. So I decided to take a few chances with the chests (hoping I'd get a few DF's in order to burn all those fusion materials and be able to craft again) -> of course I only got garbage and even more 3-/4-stars, so I decided 'that's it' for me and didn't spend any money on the game ever since again.

I then switched for f2p mode, collecting gems from videos. Saved up till 1000 gems and again only got outdated garbage.

That was the final nail in the coffin for me.

The fun thing is when I (as a GM) announced in my guild that I would plan to retire, about 10 other guys said they are considering the same right now with all the crap Gree unloaded on us lately. People are SERIOUSLY upset, everyone can feel Gree is not interested in producing a good game anymore, but only to make money. Actually it looks as the company is on the borderline to bankruptcy anyway (there is no other explanation into risking pissing so many people off by obviously milking the cow for more than it is ready to give), so it feels it's the ideal time to gradually pull out.

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    ...reduced the keys from 8 to 5 for the plus version AND it says the keys are for the Champion's Chest.
    I was so pissed about the reduction of keys, I didn't even realize they were for the Champion's Chest! Almost makes me not want to go for the collection, key word being ALMOST. I'm not currently working on any armors, so it'll give me something to do. And besides, I would like to replace my Glacial Regalia with the plus version. I don't care much for the capes (most of them are hidden by the armor).

Think if we flocked to Facebook and complained, they would change the rewards like they were with some of the war/raid rewards?
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    First the positive - cape appears to be really cool!

That's about where it ends. In line with the raid milestones etc, Gree has reduced the rewards. Glacial+ is a bit meh but whatever. It's the fact they have reduced the keys from 8 to 5 for the plus version AND it says the keys are for the Champion's Chest. So a month's work for and there isn't even a chance of a DFA at the end, just a much reduced chance at a crappy old epic. What's the point in even taking part?

I do want that cape though, however considering I have nearly 800 armours (300 of them FBA) and only 170 armour slots, it looks like once again I will be sitting this one out. I'll be damned if I'm paying in gems to unlock the extra space I need. Would be nice if Gree could cut the armoury limits just for Epic Boss Collection events to allow everyone to participate.
    Not even going to bother with this on my alt account. Had to dump over 800 armors to make room to craft my last heroic mode armor so I have the room on my main account. I want the cape and who knows, I might luck into a Black Chromatic+ with the keys...... only Epic left that I want.

These EB events have been castrated down to a beginner level.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    Those limited armory slots helped me a lot to 'un-addict' myself from the game.

NO WAY would I BUY an extension to the armory slots - I had collected so much high-value fusion stuff (3-/4-/epics/fba's) I would have to spend hundreds if not thousands of gems to make enough space for them. So I decided to take a few chances with the chests (hoping I'd get a few DF's in order to burn all those fusion materials and be able to craft again) -> of course I only got garbage and even more 3-/4-stars, so I decided 'that's it' for me and didn't spend any money on the game ever since again.

I then switched for f2p mode, collecting gems from videos. Saved up till 1000 gems and again only got outdated garbage.

That was the final nail in the coffin for me.

The fun thing is when I (as a GM) announced in my guild that I would plan to retire, about 10 other guys said they are considering the same right now with all the crap Gree unloaded on us lately. People are SERIOUSLY upset, everyone can feel Gree is not interested in producing a good game anymore, but only to make money. Actually it looks as the company is on the borderline to bankruptcy anyway (there is no other explanation into risking pissing so many people off by obviously milking the cow for more than it is ready to give), so it feels it's the ideal time to gradually pull out.
    They do seem to be close to bankruptcy what with laying off a lot of employees and milking money not from just this game but all of their games. No offense, but didn't you say you would retire about a month ago and didn't you me tion retiring at least 3 or 4 times already?

I would hope that it's some kind of "Limited Edition Champions Chest". Otherwise why even bother lowering keys?

Quote Originally Posted by Caladin View Post
    I would hope that it's some kind of "Limited Edition Champions Chest". Otherwise why even bother lowering keys?
    Yea, perhaps it's that or a mistake and it will be actually be a legitimate special chest which includes DFA. Either way, not worth the risk/wasting hundreds of armours.

I wish Gree would add more capes (ones that you can see!), especially now they've made Cape Spec so ubiquitous that it's cheap and nasty.
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

I ended up "retiring", but like to check back from time to time to see what's going on. Deciding to quit this game has relieved me of a lot of frustration. While other games implement actual improvements to gameplay, K&D is stuck on the whole "cash grab" philosophy. Do a top run one week and your armor is outdated a couple months (if that) later. I always felt like I was spending gems just to keep up. I'm playing a different game that is constantly giving its players freebies every single day. It's much more fun to play a game where you actually feel like the developer wants you to have fun playing without feeling like you need to spend $ to keep up.
    Rushka Empire [Android]

Currently recruiting: Level 100+
    Officer Rank: N/A
    Line ID: scabitron

lol, me to and I share the same feelings!

It feels so relieving. And I don't have to look myself in the mirror every day admitting that I spend too much time (and formerly, money) to play a game that has only turned worse since months and where the company producing it is offending and maltreating their customers worse and worse by the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladin View Post
    I never got anything nice from those keys even when I got 8 of them