Can you take away all these defense mods? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you take away all these defense mods?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Not everybody studies the prizes intently. Does that come as a surprise?
    .. you don't need to study a rewards lists intently to realize it's all defense mods. If you do.. well that's unfortunate
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sfun View Post
    You do know mods arent the problem Evan. Its the never ending box events with 1m+ items that make people much much stronger. Mods without items are useless.
    That just causes stat inflation. I personally see nothing wrong with stat inflation, others care to disagree, but the problem is all the top teams racking up mafia defense mods. Of course you need items to do so, but the mods are what's skyrocketing defense inflation.

I know a guy, not that big a gold spender, who has a defense nearly 10b over his attack. That shouldn't be the case

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Wait.. so you're in a T30 and you haven't noticed that every single syndicate war and SA prize for the past few cycles was a defense mod?
    Like I said I've been playing a lot less and don't really pay any attention to the prizes. In fact, this past SA, I never even got a prizes screen. Even when I do score really well its like oh boy, a few hundred million more in stats, what were my stats before again?

Post Count
    .. you don't need to study a rewards lists intently to realize it's all defense mods. If you do.. well that's unfortunate
    Actual "free" players have no reason to care what the prizes are. Prizes are only relevant if you, or most of your friends, are spending money.

You're right that you wouldn't have to "study" the list as a 16 year old American boy defines the word study. However, if you view an entire data set, analyze it, and come to certain conclusions based on your observations, you have studied the data set. Or in this case, prize list.

And clearly you have studied all of them.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Love Def mods........one day they will match attack mods

Post Count
    My defense isn't even half of my attack!

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    Actual "free" players have no reason to care what the prizes are. Prizes are only relevant if you, or most of your friends, are spending money.
    I honestly don't see why they don't.

We are in fact playing a game, right? We all play this game for the same purpose which is to have fun, right?

Half the fun of the game is collecting prizes to build stats and being able to beat other players, same goes for most other games out there with the same kind of gameplay.

You're saying that "free" players are irrelevant to the game and to GREE? I disagree, considering if there are no free players, gold spenders have no incentive to spend, and GREE loses their player base.

But again, the same goes for every game out there, 90% of the players are "free" players, and there's that 10% that spends like crazy. The only thing GREE does differently, is they try to utilize that 10% to the max of their ability, milking every penny they can out of them, and leaving all the other players in the dust. That I also don't agree with.

I feel that 10,000 light gold spenders would be better for a company than 100 heavy gold spenders.

But who knows. GREE is a multi billion dollar company, that must mean they have to be doing something right, right?
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    I don't even look at the prizes... It really doesn't matter. Next round of inflation they'll all be obsolete anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    We are in fact playing a game, right? We all play this game for the same purpose which is to have fun, right?

Half the fun of the game is collecting prizes to build stats and being able to beat other players, same goes for most other games out there with the same kind of gameplay.

You're saying that "free" players are irrelevant to the game and to GREE? I disagree, considering if there are no free players, gold spenders have no incentive to spend, and GREE loses their player base.

But again, the same goes for every game out there, 90% of the players are "free" players, and there's that 10% that spends like crazy. The only thing GREE does differently, is they try to utilize that 10% to the max of their ability, milking every penny they can out of them, and leaving all the other players in the dust. That I also don't agree with.

I feel that 10,000 light gold spenders would be better for a company than 100 heavy gold spenders.

Sounds logical to me
    Kingpin power: 728/476
    Accomplice power: 1250/someting...can't remember

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kids View Post

Sounds logical to me
    That would depend on the numbers. I don't know them, but I bet there are dozens of people at gree crunching them every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Master of Musings
    Post Count

But who knows. GREE is a multi billion dollar company, that must mean they have to be doing something right, right?
    You're right; it should be about fun. Those big spenders might get a blast out of dumping enough cash into a throw-away phone app to buy a top of the range phone, or maybe a MacBook every month. Some few might even spend enough on pixels to buy a new car every few months! That's how to enjoy yourself.

The free players are irrelevant to the players at that level; or even at your level of "spending", Evan. Not so long ago my stats were better than yours, but now I couldn't touch you. It makes no difference to me that I can't, but there's no mileage in the attempt to justify free players being a spur to spenders. Now, it's all about their 'need' to maintain rank vis a vis their rivals in the shrinking pool. Ego is all.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    You wouldn't.

Is your PvP experience really that different than it was with 1/3 your current stats? I mean everything else aside, when you tap the attack button, does something magical happen now that didn't used to happen? Since you probably missed it, that was a rhetorical question.

You're saying that "free" players are irrelevant to the game and to GREE?
    Is that what I said? Please provide a quote.

I disagree, considering if there are no free players, gold spenders have no incentive to spend, and GREE loses their player base.
    Are you serious? At this point you must be trolling.

But again, the same goes for every game out there, 90% of the players are "free" players, and there's that 10% that spends like crazy.
    And you don't think these big spenders spend what they want regardless of free players? Free players make no difference to the big spenders because the game mechanics rarely allow those accounts to interact. The only time a (actual) free account ever even sees the big spending accounts is when they are playing above their "league" in battle events.

The only thing GREE does differently, is they try to utilize that 10% to the max of their ability, milking every penny they can out of them, and leaving all the other players in the dust. That I also don't agree with.
    Gree isn't doing anything differently. You're too busy playing Crime City to have any idea what other games are like, let alone other game companies. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't say Gree is that much worse than many of the other freemium game businesses currently going.

Lol. You "feel". Your opinion based on a complete lack of information is worth nothing.

Well, they've got you spending all your "spare" time playing their game, and paying them for the privilege while still thinking you're playing for free. Most people could only dream of getting repeat suckers like that.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post

The only time a (actual) free account ever even sees the big spending accounts is when they are playing above their "league" in battle events.
    I see what you did there sir.

Banned
    Post Count
    If you want to be able to attack or rob higher stat players, buy gold and spend it in a way that increases your stats. There is only one person who will ever be impossible to rob at any given time, and most of the time, even they can be robbed by a handful of people.

Or follow sister's lead and have fun as a free player.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Munching popcorn......