Can you take away all these defense mods? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you take away all these defense mods?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Looking for people to attack? Do it on Crime City...don't do it on the forums. Thank you

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus View Post
    Looking for people to attack? Do it on Crime City...don't do it on the forums. Thank you
    I would, but you gave out all these damn defense mods...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    I don't see a problem with increased defense mods. You can still rob people all day long when they have the same defense as your attack, and maybe, just maybe, it should be at least a little bit of a challenge to rob or beat people up rather than them just showing up on your rivals list.

Of course, the person complaining about it has been complaining about prize allocation for what is now going on years, so I can see exactly where Dippy is coming from. This complaint isn't constructive at all, it is just coming from a person who wants the game designed to their logic, and is willing to complain about it repeatedly knowing full well that all it is doing is filling the airwaves with white noise.

#whitenoisematters

Post Count
    I'm with Max in that I don't really care much about the mod. My defense still has a long ways to go in order to equal my attack and I doubt they'll ever be equal. I don't hit anyone on my rivals list because I can't ever find anyone with an IPH above or even close to mine and I don't just want to open up links for someone to attack repeatedly, so it really doesn't matter to me if I have targets or not. If they don't bring back a PvP tournament than that part of the game is dead to me.

IMO these types of issues only affect the top players and since I can't even get the free videos anymore, I'm just not affected in the same way as I haven't had any gold to spend in over six months. I think its been demonstrated over and over that CC is lacking in imagination on their mods and I've said repeatedly that if Gree wanted those that buy gold to spend more gold they should fix some of these issues. However, they obviously aren't going to make any of these changes, so if you spend gold and get a mod you are unhappy with that's kind of on you at this point.

All that being said, I don't see why everyone gets bent out of shape by the threads or posts from the OP. Yes, he's being repetitive, but a look on the front page of the forum today has threads on the health of the Epic Boss, mods not working right, lack of support from Gree, parts of the game malfunctioning and a thread on Raid Boss health. I would pretty much consider all of these 'white noise' as well and would say they have been beaten to death. At least the OP of this thread is talking about game mechanics and strategy.

Max Powers and I have had a couple back and forth debates in the past, but just as in his post above, he usually offers some constructive criticism and doesn't just attack the poster, which I appreciate and it makes this cesspool a little less nauseating to dive into...

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by crime cow View Post
    I don't hit anyone on my rivals list because I can't ever find anyone with an IPH above or even close to mine....
    Not trying to divert the topic, but I'm here to learn. So why do you use IPH as a factor in deciding who to attack?
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Post Count
    The key words in my thread were "before it becomes a problem." I didn't say "I can't attack anyone."

I know plenty of people whose defense is over their attack, it's becoming common now, and looking a few cycles ahead targets WILL become scarce if defense mods continue to be handed out like this. Yes it mainly affects the people in syns who are racking up the "mafia defense" mods in the upper ranks.

I don't care so much about that as I care about the simple fact that the T200 prize, which takes several vaults of gold to maintain, is the same exact prize as the T3000 prize, which can be gotten gold free. Someone please explain to me the "logic" in that, because I seem to be missing it.

EDIT: No one is going to be able to touch a guy with 500% mafia defense on top of all his other mods and stats. This will be the T5 players. Sound familiar? No one could touch the T3 for how long, considering each guy in a 60 man syn had 200% ip increase. It's going to be exactly like that. The top teams untouchable, and everyone else struggling to find targets.

And yes dippy, of course the top teams have the right to be untouchable, considering the amount of money they dump into the game. But that brings me back to the fact that every prize in the T200-3k is exactly the same. So they're growing insane in stats while everyone else is going to be increasing in defense but at a standstill for attack? There's nothing wrong with that?
    Last edited by Evan1000; 11-30-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    If you're wanting to share the same playing field as the "top" players, then you'll have to spend the same ridiculous sums of money as they do.

If you're unwilling or unable to do that, then just play for fun. It's a dumb game not some life achievement.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Red BD View Post
    Not trying to divert the topic, but I'm here to learn. So why do you use IPH as a factor in deciding who to attack?
    This is actually just me being OCD and living in the past. IPH used to mean something, but it really doesn't anymore as there are lots of people, including me that are sitting on over a trillion dollars and have nothing to spend it on. It used to annoy me when I would get robbed of a million dollars by someone with a zero IPH. Now if I get robbed it's usually somewhere between $100 million to a billion. I used to spend a lot of time robbing as it was great to find someone you could beat that had a higher IPH than you, since they couldn't retaliate without giving you a link on your news feed that you could use to stalk their hood and hit their key buildings before they had a chance to collect them. The pettiness in me still doesn't want to attack someone with a significantly lower IPH since they would just rob me over and over. Some people, I believe Vile Lynn was one, have stated they don't care about retaliation and attack anyone they want. That's a better approach for getting bricks and powers, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by crime cow View Post

All that being said, I don't see why everyone gets bent out of shape by the threads or posts from the OP. Yes, he's being repetitive, but a look on the front page of the forum today has threads on the health of the Epic Boss, mods not working right, lack of support from Gree, parts of the game malfunctioning and a thread on Raid Boss health. I would pretty much consider all of these 'white noise' as well and would say they have been beaten to death. At least the OP of this thread is talking about game mechanics and strategy.
    I think there are a couple of differences. Those same old tired rants about those same old game flaws are coming from multiple people, not the same person over and over and over again. The same person that gins the system for free gold, lies about gold spending, submits admin tickets to get back free gold because prizes didn't stack, etc.

In essence, the reason people lose their minds when the OP posts something for the 100th time is because the OP is a very easy person not to like. At the end of the day, if people like you, they will give you a lot of rope.
    Last edited by Max Power; 12-02-2015 at 06:06 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I had 2 accounts playing in a top 15 team. They were just fine for battle, relatively good lvl and stats. Now with all this defense inflation they are useless. Half of the battles we get they don't have good targets.... I had to drop them to a lower syndicate now.... Sad.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I have to say here, while Evan does do a lot himself to make himself come off as unlikable, he is just a kid, please keep that in mind. With regards to his point, I have actually not noticed any increase in defense mods, but that's probably just because I've been playing the game a lot less since it sucks so much now. I did notice in the last Battle for Empire City event that every damn team we were facing had insane defense stats. We finished in the top 30 which is pretty typical for us, and most battles there will be one or 2 teams where I have no targets, but this time around I had no targets a significant portion of the time, and other people in my syn were complaining about it too, so while I haven't actively noticed what Evan is posting about here, he's clearly got a point.

Post Count
    Wait.. so you're in a T30 and you haven't noticed that every single syndicate war and SA prize for the past few cycles was a defense mod?
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    everyone dies in the end

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Wait.. so you're in a T30 and you haven't noticed that every single syndicate war and SA prize for the past few cycles was a defense mod?
    Not everybody studies the prizes intently. Does that come as a surprise?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    People used to complain about the balance of attack to defense mods. People thought GREE gave out too many attack mods. I wasn't one of them.

Almost everyone has targets and almost everyone is a target. That's the way it should b

You do know mods arent the problem Evan. Its the never ending box events with 1m+ items that make people much much stronger. Mods without items are useless.