Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor of faction size increase?

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Rumor of faction size increase?

Been hearing things about a possible increase in faction size, people are saying it will go up to 80. Can anyone confirm this?
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buck Slayer View Post
    Been hearing things about a possible increase in faction size, people are saying it will go up to 80. Can anyone confirm this?
    Doubt gree will do anything to reduce their players base,

more people in factions will soon mean less factions during WD and FL events which would result in less ussage of gold

on the other hand, increasing faction size will mainly help the little factions that have a few players in a "smaller" shell

but full factions will need to merge or recruit, and recruiting as it is now if very hard and difficult, while mergin means ideally you will need 4 x 60 players faction merging into 3 80 player factions

it will be a mess for sure

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't see any added value for players from faction resizing.

Banned
    Post Count
    Rumors mean s. H. I. T. In this game gree changes the rule when they feel fit and make no sense most of the time.

I say it's early April fools

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There was a rumor of a base size increase a long long time ago too and we can see where that got us. It might even have been mentioned in release notes on an update in one or both app stores. Rumors mean nothing until we can see how much gold Gree(d) wants for the addicts to buy it.

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    perhaps it made sense when there were two SUP and a robust player base. today, players are dropping like flies, teams in t10, t25, t100 all needing to merge just to fill spots. increasing size would actually lead to lower gold spend imo. so makes no sense to do that.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Increasing guild above 60 has no benefit/advantage. Most factions with 59/60 accounts have 10-12 losers, so what's the point? If anything, factions that are at 60 should be able to adjust the size to fit their current roster as needed. This may help decrease the 12 minutes of wait time for match ups and prevent a faction with two accounts from being matched with a faction with 48 accounts.

Post Count
    Makes no sense to me either, in fact smaller factions seem to be the route to go.

Last WD I thought match times were a lot faster until maybe the last hour. I was getting almost immediate matches, granted in terms of matching being fairly even most were worse than I have ever seen and that is likely because gree had to adjust parameters in order to try and make match times faster. So my main faction of 14 was hitting 2 player to 38 player factions. In terms of actual member participation I also notice that most factions that I matched with had most members not even playing so even badly mismatched they were very easy to beat.

Now participation could have been even more affected by more players being locked out so if some greenius thinks it is clever to increase faction sizes it's likely to kill off even more factions and players.

We've kept telling them to fix all the ongoing problems but instead they continue to roll out more broken events thus causing even more frustration and loss of customers.

It also seems based on the session drops that they have diverted server resources to other apps or perhaps just outright cut resources to try and fudge the bottom line. In other words this also failed epically.

The saddest part of all of this is if they actually cared and listened most of this could have been avoided.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 11-25-2015 at 05:16 AM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Max faction size should be reduced to 25-30 :-)), create completion by spreading accounts back out into some of the numerous maxed out factions that are inactive except odd mini keeping it live
    485046391 & 565411567

Post Count
    Wish they would increase Faction size.
    So tired of hearing the same nonsensical drivel from many of my faction mates. Need some new blood.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    Wish they would increase Faction size.
    So tired of hearing the same nonsensical drivel from many of my faction mates. Need some new blood.
    simple, you tired of your hearing them, just move to a brand new faction and you will have 59 new players..............yeap 59 new blood for you to mentor

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    simple, you tired of your hearing them, just move to a brand new faction and you will have 59 new players..............yeap 59 new blood for you to mentor
    Heh heh, yes that would be interesting. Probably 59 overjoyed exfaction mates for starters!
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I personally am hoping that they do increase faction sizes, need the room for everyone who would like to play.

Post Count
    Looks like folks don't think it makes much sense to increase the size of members in a faction.
    That totally means GREE is gonna do it!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by squintycath View Post
    Looks like folks don't think it makes much sense to increase the size of members in a faction.
    That totally means GREE is gonna do it!
    Isn't that the truth.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+