Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Pets

That is a good question, as iOS is now two versions behind Android. On Android the pets were introduced in version 1.24.200... while my iOS game is still 1.22.4... There was an update to Android (1.23...) some weeks ago, which I've been waiting to come to iOS. It included small fixes and what I mostly liked was the ability to change in addition to PvE armors/R&A:s also war/Raid/EB setups from Menu/My Knights. And what makes it harder to estimate is that Apple approval takes its time, and there Gree has not much it can do to speed it up.

For what it worth ios users havent missed anything. I was getting 10k less points on raid using a pet. In arena my pet hasent done anything but 1 point ever. The special doesnt work properly and only your opponents seems to work sometimes? Ios is just spared the aggravation of yet another gree disappointment.
    Count your blessings.

Pets really have contributed to make this game go more downhill than it already did. The arena and EB fights are stuttering, sometimes freezing the whole game (requiring a restart and - needless to say: loss of energy/invested gems/ 'welcome to the queue of unhappy customers who send tickets and receive a decline of reimbursement after a minimum of 2 weeks'), it's just yet another ripoff scheme to make the game more expensive than it already is.

The whole idea is borderline ridiculous - knights with ...pets?!! R u kidding me? I'm sure it will look better once the more powerful animals (probably dragons or lizards) are introduced, but still, it feels superfluous and adds complexity that takes away the attraction of the game that once was its simplicity. For some reason I hate the idea having to look for nuggets to attract ridiculous hamsters to fight along with my knights. It's stupid. And makes it hard to assess and balance strengths of myself and my opponents. Probably exactly for that reason (because not even Gree can grasp it), I found it hard to complete even only 5 win streaks in the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    Pets really have contributed to make this game go more downhill than it already did. The arena and EB fights are stuttering, sometimes freezing the whole game (requiring a restart and - needless to say: loss of energy/invested gems/ 'welcome to the queue of unhappy customers who send tickets and receive a decline of reimbursement after a minimum of 2 weeks'), it's just yet another ripoff scheme to make the game more expensive than it already is.

The whole idea is borderline ridiculous - knights with ...pets?!! R u kidding me? I'm sure it will look better once the more powerful animals (probably dragons or lizards) are introduced, but still, it feels superfluous and adds complexity that takes away the attraction of the game that once was its simplicity. For some reason I hate the idea having to look for nuggets to attract ridiculous hamsters to fight along with my knights. It's stupid. And makes it hard to assess and balance strengths of myself and my opponents. Probably exactly for that reason (because not even Gree can grasp it), I found it hard to complete even only 5 win streaks in the arena.
    I have the same freezing problem since the pets were introduced. It will come back alive after 30+ seconds, just wait... But it is annoying especially if it happens during frenzy, 30 seconds is 1-2 hits. Already before this update the game lagged badly at times and at least I was thrown out of war screen when the game tried to connect home.

My pet has given 5-10k more damage in the raid, I played several fights on normal (slow) mode and calculated the extra damage I did to the radi boss. Also against EB it has helped me a little to go now with only three knights + pet against EB 58 successfully. On Arena I can beat more opponents with right use of my pet. BUT still I must agree that the pets are one step closer for me to quit. When the R&A:s came I was exited, now these pets are just "blaah" and makes as as written more complicated. Earlier it was easyish to battle two raid fights side-by-side, but now trying to also utilize the pet specials makes it much more difficult even if I have pets only on one device.
    And having to go back to grind Dark Prince Castle on Epic to get more baits is soooo booooring, I was so happy I didn't have to do it anymore for a long time. Probably you'll get drops during Heroic, but I was playing actively enough to finish it just before the pets were released.

The pet special attacks interrupt the flow: everything else stops until the animation has finished playing, so it you are in a hurry, it's petter to not pet-special.
    The damage reduction from the gold star air pet was pretty useful. Averaged it probably reduced the raid boss' damage by 2% for a weak lvl 1 gold star pet...
    I haven't gotten any of the 3rd type of bait yet, but have gotten plenty of blended seeds and mixed berries from various heroic and epic stages and any of the KoD stages.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

So far, I like the extra damage from the abilities. I'm interested to see what else comes from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffy Meigs View Post
    ...I was getting 10k less points on raid using a pet.
    How are you getting less points? What ability/pet are you using? I'm getting 30k ~ 40k more points than before.

Well, pet drops from hunts nerfed from 5 to 4 and now to 2/3...
    The unexpected thing is that that doesn't only nerf the free pet farming but also the bait buying (unless that multicolored pepper is still 4 drops). Though price per bait kind of seems to have dropped too.
    Gree/Iugo is acting weird. Kind of like they alpha/beta tested the concept and tweaked things and then thought "nah, we're not going to release the finished version straight away, but we're going to release each of the test steps shortly after eachother", which is a moronic thing to do.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

The earth shield pet doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. I tried it out and damage taken is exactly the same whether you use the special or not. The blue ones that fill your special attack meter seems to work ok but otherwise they seem broken.

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    The earth shield pet doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. I tried it out and damage taken is exactly the same whether you use the special or not. The blue ones that fill your special attack meter seems to work ok but otherwise they seem broken.
    Weird. The 2* tier 1 earth elephant at level 1 seems to reduce damage taken by 1 for 3 turns for me, the 1* tier 1 air pet does the same for me at level 1 (though never reduces damage below 1, since it reduces damage output, not negate damage taken like the elephant does)

Pets found jumped back up to 4 per hunt for a bit for me, then back down to 2/3.
    No idea how Gree sets those numbers... Maybe based on what pet related stuff is in the news banner? Maybe a drop after doing "N" hunts in a row?

Used 100 beans, only one 3 star pet. Way to go Gree

Another 100 beans and again just one 3 star pet

Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    Used 100 beans, only one 3 star pet. Way to go Gree
    I have experienced roughly same drop-rate for 3* pets, about 1% from beans. But for the 2* ones I have a drop-rate like 20% or so, and a maxed 2* tier III pet is as strong as a maxed 3* tier II pet.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    Another 100 beans and again just one 3 star pet
    Sounds about right. I did get 3 dragons in about an hour once but that's only happened once.

Someone messed up the pet blitz, thanks Gree