Please get rid of the new HQ

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please get rid of the new HQ

Post Count

Please get rid of the new HQ

It didn't work for crime city and it won't work with MW ..just like soldier equipment.
    not to mention all of the other bugs.
    Shark man

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Lol Big Man 100% agree bud total waste of time they need to sell the game to Funzio again then it will be a much better game

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    100% agree to. Gree lost the plot/touch with the game and its players. I don't think they know what there doing. Every time they bring out a event there is no communication on it and it never works. Maybe gree should sell the game to someone that will take the game forward.

Lurker
    Post Count

Sure they do

[100% agree to. Gree lost the plot/touch with the game and its players. I don't think they know what there doing. Every time they bring out a event there is no communication on it and it never works. Maybe gree should sell the game to someone that will take the game forward.]

They know exactly what they are doing. They are creating new ways for players to feel compelled to spend real money on gold to stay competitive in the game. Any game that charges $4.99 (50 gold) for a name change after altering the game to make it more likely you'll get stuck with the default name "Alex", is only going to make changes that improve their bottom line. Every change they have ever made was to increase the disparity between those buying gold and those trying to play this as a "free" game. Why do you think they offer level 15 walls, but we only get enough health for 4 hits? Damage to the walls is capped, so no matter how strong you get, you will never do more damage to the wall.

Look at the difference in Frontline units. The strongest ones you can buy with in-game currency are still less than 1/3 the strength of the ones that cost gold.

And now the building challenges go all the way to level 20. Has anyone ever gotten to level 20 upgrading a new building during a 20 day challenge without using gold?

The same with longterm quests; even with bonuses, you can only regenerate so much energy in a given period of time. It doesn't do you any good to have 6000 energy, if you can only regenerate 5000 in 24 hours.

The new buildings that require 2&3 energy units per hit? That isn't to make the game better for the players. That's designed to use stamina up faster so players use gold to refill their stamina. They did that in Crime City, and never allowed players the chance to redistribute their skill points.

By far, the most cynical and greedy thing I've seen, though, is requiring 20 gems in Kingdom Age for a stamina refill. This is especially obnoxious, because that game has two variable categories that use 2 skill points for 1 unit of the category. They have "hero strength": this is critical to helping you take out monsters in and beasts in quests and requires 2 skill points/unit. Since energy is decided by your level, high levels of hero strength may be the only way to make significant progress in quests (i.e. Being able to take out a target with 1 hit because your hero strength does sufficient damage vs having to hit the target multiple times, at 100% energy cost each time, until a weaker player inflicts enough damage for the target to go down). Hero strength used to be the best use of skill points. Attack and defense just didn't do as much and stamina wasn't that important, because there were only a couple of buildings that had any real money to raid (and you'd rarely come across them). Then, one day, Gree introduced new, higher payout buildings. It was very exciting until they also raised the cost of refilling stamina to twice what it is in the other games. So, in KA they doubled the refill cost and in Crime City, they doubled and tripled the energy cost for high payout buildings. Why? To get players to spend more money on their "free" games.

Then Gree started "bundling", putting together packages of premium currency with token amounts of in game cash and a unit or health/energy refill or two. Why? Because players didn't do the math to realize the sales were better deals (even at only 20% off).

Then, one day, you could no longer view video ads to earn gold/gems. The only way to NOT pay was to either: a) buy something overpriced for token amounts of gold/gems, b) sign up for a "free" trial for a few gems (and we know what "free" means in the land of Gree) or, c) fill out a "quick" survey that asks dozens of questions, provides intimate details about your life and family to unscrupulous operators, and gives scammers and identity thieves a treasure trove of personal information to start emptying your bank account (After making the mistake of filling out one of those surveys, I got 3 calls in one night from the same guy: first he wanted to offer me a free glucose meter, then he said he was collecting for a diabetes charity, and the last time he was working for a diabetes foundation and got downright pushy trying to find a mark- "What? You aren't diabetic? Are there any adults over 60 at this number who have diabetes? Anyone in your family? Are you sure? Our information says....").

If Gree would just be generous with their players, a lot of this wouldn't stand out in such stark relief, but they aren't. They rarely reimburse players who are ripped off in the game or who are on the wrong side of one of the ubiquitous glitches that cost players rewards, progress and often, real money. I'm guessing I'm not alone in starting to find it all just a little too much.

I wonder if we would get their attention if we staged a "24 hours without Gree" day, so they would really feel the power of the angry gamer?
    Last edited by Omasbest; 11-19-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Omasbest View Post
    And now the building challenges go all the way to level 20. Has anyone ever gotten to level 20 upgrading a new building during a 20 day challenge without using gold?
    I have actually been able to get the LE buildings up to level 20 within the 20 days for quite a while now. My building upgrade time reduction bonus sits at -75% right now. Of course, this time around I am going to be cutting it pretty darned close since Gree decided to increase the upgrade times again. That is just another tactic that Gree likes to use to squeeze more money out of people, once you get to a point where you feel like you're about to get the carrot then Gree(d) just moves the carrot further away again.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by carl9764 View Post
    Lol Big Man 100% agree bud total waste of time they need to sell the game to Funzio again then it will be a much better game
    Hit the nail there, selling the game on to someone who will inject new life into it is the only hope for the future of the game