Bugs in latest IOS and Android MW releases

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugs in latest IOS and Android MW releases

Post Count

Bugs in latest IOS and Android MW releases

This is mainly for us players as opposed to gree who seem to be aware of many longstanding issues but fail to resolve them.

With the latest release on IOS cash drops from completed missions do not immediately appear, instead you are forced to restart the app. Still suffering a high number of session disconnecs as well on iPads and iPhones.

On Android EB bosses would not trigger at first, needed 2-3 restarts. Though it now appears that they are not triggering again unless you restart the app! Once you run out of hits the event seems to go into a loop requiring an app resart.

App will suddenly crash then restart. Consistent on all Android tablets we test with. News feed is reset and remains blank even though news icon on main screen shows activity. This btw has always been an issue with Android in that icon shows no activity yet the actual log does. Now we appear to have the issue reversed where the icon indicating activity is 'working' but log is blank. V5.2.4.

I would suspect that some of these issues are the result of a change to the length of time the app stays connected to the server which appears to have been reduced to save server use. Problem is in order to thwart the airplane hack someone has failed to take into account how autonomous the game was when originally developed....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I would suspect that some of these issues are the result of a change to the length of time the app stays connected to the server which appears to have been reduced to save server use.
    Very interesting - I would imagine this change in server connection time would result in a lower bill from AMAZON WEB SERVICES?
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Enjoy the ride. Just enjoy the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] Dredd View Post
    This is working as intended, the week two tokens build on the week one amount.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post
    Very interesting - I would imagine this change in server connection time would result in a lower bill from AMAZON WEB SERVICES?
    Would be the top of my list of reasons......
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post
    Tangentially it might also convince SOME that its SECURITY related.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    I learn my game mechanics from AO. I'm not computer savvy as I'm a construction and labor oriented guy. Sometimes I feel a hammer or my work truck could make the game work better.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Dont forget players who are now locked.out of the game since the updates (at least 2 members of my faction at last count)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    Dont forget players who are now locked.out of the game since the updates (at least 2 members of my faction at last count)
    Are they IOS or Android, one other screw up from gree is not telling us when they drop support for older versions of IOS and it seems to me that MW 5.2.4 for IOS orphaned devices unable to upgrade to IOS 9.1. Yet they have still not changed the information on their app store description which states it requires IOS 5.1.1 or later, er no it orphaned that os about a year ago and I pointed out this issue back then.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I learn my game mechanics from AO. I'm not computer savvy as I'm a construction and labor oriented guy. Sometimes I feel a hammer or my work truck could make the game work better.
    Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if you could make the game work better, lord knows gree cannot.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    On my android device I have to hit an npc or attack a player... At this point I used to open my rivals list and refresh to trigger. Now I have to exit and re launch the game for it to trigger.

Consistent Contributor danman_085's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Jannski, I'm Android also. I have noticed it is difficult to get the first boss to trigger. Once I exit & re-enter the game the boss is already triggered, & subsequent bosses can be triggered about 3 minutes after the previous boss was killed. But do not log out after that first boss is taken down or the process with start over.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_085 View Post
    Jannski, I'm Android also. I have noticed it is difficult to get the first boss to trigger. Once I exit & re-enter the game the boss is already triggered, & subsequent bosses can be triggered about 3 minutes after the previous boss was killed. But do not log out after that first boss is taken down or the process with start over.

Thank you! I'll try that.

Post Count
    Im android player and the game doesnt start i have already tried to reinstal the app but it still doesnt work ��

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Faction chat can now only be deleted if the faction officer is using an iOS device.

Sweet feature int it????
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I am leader of my faction, since I installed the update I cannot get into the fortifications window to acquire and upgrade new fortifications. I am on Android devices. Anyone else having this problem?

Post Count
    Yes the new setup is screwed up, I had to hit the Donate button which brought up a really convoluted subscreen containing each of the 6 items that can be donated. Then had to click on the item I wished to donate and click on the blank box to type in a number which btw is hidden due to the size of my iPhones screen! Also cannot read the type if I use the slide switch instead.

Whoever tested this was an idiot because they obviously didn't think to include those using devices with small screens like phones.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+