Let me explain it another way:
Gree did not shut the WON servers down over the USA time change, they did it after.
Because the time went back an hour, their system cant handle this and any task, be it unit build, cap battle, unit move between bases, etc that is less than 1 hour happened instantly
So if a cap on a base was done, the morale dropped over the space of 10 seconds to nothing and was either NPC'd or capped by the capper
And if you set a unit build of less than an hour, its was instant

I would suggest that Grees server clocks (or programmed in somehow) run on USA timezone, instead of the international GMT standard time, things like this don't happen on GMT timezone.

Few points/questions here
Why did Gree shut the game down after the timezone change and not during it, other gree games managed to do this correctly, they went offline 2 hours before and up to 2 hours after. Obviously to cover the whole of the USA through the change
This has happened before in the first year of the game, they introduced the outage because the servers cant handle it
Last year they made all bases immune during the change, why didn't they do it this year?
Why was everyone only notified a few hours out from the outage?
Why do we have a build LTM when there was an outage coming? Again last year Gree didn't hold an event on the day of the time change.
In their notification, they said they would be watching, well what was watched and what was done?

To me this stinks of a lack of organisation and Gree had a last minute realization that the time was about to change.
So they quickly rushed something together to get the servers down without really thinking it through and reviewing past years events, let alone the time window needed

Why are you showing such disregard to your customer base, they spend money and a lot of time playing your game only to have rubbish like this thrown back at them
Gree, we need response and action here, its been 12 hours now and not one statement or response about this issue