Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Come on GREE, get it together.

Need I say anymore? You bunch of monkeys did it again.

The team that run war of nations are a bunch of incompetent morons. Honestly.
    Every other game for gree manages to shut down at the correct time for the USA time change.
    That was 2 hours ago and they went offline for 4 hours, won team shut the game down at the witching hour of the time change
    You can't even get that right. Do you talk to the other teams? Did you check with them when they shut down?
    Pretty simple thing to do, there's even simple tools that tell you world times if you struggle with it.
    So what happens. Instant caps and heaps of bases lost all over world two. And I'm sure it's happened in other worlds
    And you know what the worst part is, this exact situation happened before in the first year of the game which is why you have the outage.
    Unbelievable. That's all I can say.
    I hope your going to roll back. Or be ready for a lot of upset customers.
    Most people learn from their past mistakes. You can't even get that right let alone tell the time. Or talk to your fellow work colleagues
    This is becoming an absolute joke.
    We all play guess what's gonna break today now, don't worry about events anymore. It's more fun trying to work out what is going to break this week
    Stop releasing new features. Concentrate on fixing what's already been half baked and make it right.

Two MASSIVE fails in one day. A holdout event that allow u into the strongholds before the event starts and now this time difference joke. Cmon mods get on here and defend this one.

Cant believe you guys still playing this stupid game
    The1nONLY
    WORLD 2

The Corporation

Lol onesy me either

Yup, these guys are world class alright, world class programmers, who don't know which end of the keyboard to use! How very sad, guess its time to get with Google again....

Umm... What happened?

Line ID: clementine88

Let me explain it another way:
    Gree did not shut the WON servers down over the USA time change, they did it after.
    Because the time went back an hour, their system cant handle this and any task, be it unit build, cap battle, unit move between bases, etc that is less than 1 hour happened instantly
    So if a cap on a base was done, the morale dropped over the space of 10 seconds to nothing and was either NPC'd or capped by the capper
    And if you set a unit build of less than an hour, its was instant

I would suggest that Grees server clocks (or programmed in somehow) run on USA timezone, instead of the international GMT standard time, things like this don't happen on GMT timezone.

Few points/questions here
    Why did Gree shut the game down after the timezone change and not during it, other gree games managed to do this correctly, they went offline 2 hours before and up to 2 hours after. Obviously to cover the whole of the USA through the change
    This has happened before in the first year of the game, they introduced the outage because the servers cant handle it
    Last year they made all bases immune during the change, why didn't they do it this year?
    Why was everyone only notified a few hours out from the outage?
    Why do we have a build LTM when there was an outage coming? Again last year Gree didn't hold an event on the day of the time change.
    In their notification, they said they would be watching, well what was watched and what was done?

To me this stinks of a lack of organisation and Gree had a last minute realization that the time was about to change.
    So they quickly rushed something together to get the servers down without really thinking it through and reviewing past years events, let alone the time window needed

Why are you showing such disregard to your customer base, they spend money and a lot of time playing your game only to have rubbish like this thrown back at them
    Gree, we need response and action here, its been 12 hours now and not one statement or response about this issue

As a player, I agree. The management of the game has just frankly disappeared. SH is mayhem. LTMs and events that benefit the players are nonexistent.

I am a computer programmer. Let me put is this way: It is very easy. Veeeery easy to write a program that is completely timezone independant. It seems strange that a piece of software meant to play on devices all over the world 24/7 can't handle a simple daylight savings time change. All major software frameworks and operating systems are capable of accurately computing a time span (duration between two points in time), even across daylight saving time changes. Actually I'm not even sure how you could fail at this, unless you wrote the date/time handling yourself. But why on earth you would ever consider doing that, some one else already did and got it right.

Also, all announcements should be made with this in mind. Why on earth are these startup messages made referring to a specific timezone that you have to look up (PST/PDT). Send it in UTC and let the freaking game client display these times in USERS LOCAL TIME ZONE. This is simple enough to implement and reduces the confusion about exactly when maintenance or special events are actually happening.

And yeah - the team holding the SH right before the "maintenance" got a 10M point lead during the server downtime. Great, just great.

Several days later and Gree are closing support tickets without even responding. A great way to respond after you fail your customers.

But hey thanks I guess. Proof of that action is all I needed for a 90 day refund from Apple.

Communication is lacking obviously, but this is solely because of the job cuts in SF. Less jobs=less people for us to communicate with.

Im gonna hit u in w2 lolsie
    The1nONLY
    WORLD 2

The Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by The1nONLY View Post
    Im gonna hit u in w2 lolsie
    :/

Just randomly, I'd like to congratulate you on growing so fast. You came back to W2 with a vengeance.