View Poll Results: Do you agree with the idea I expressed? Did you find it useful?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I disagree and it wasn't useful.

0 0%
  • I agree, but it wasn't useful.

0 0%
  • I disagree, but it was useful..

0 0%
  • I agree and it was useful.

3 100.00%

Gree add-ups: Are they worth it? Info guide

{Introduction}

Hello players around the globe playing War of Nations!

As a fan of this game myself, I find it pretty tricky if I want to buy an in-game app purchase due to its high risk value (The game can pretty much reduce my 20$ worth commander in a 1$ worth by adding new ones). The game War of Nations is one of those game. As I was thinking about all those new players seeking for true and honest answers, I came up with this idea of a guide where we would follow every new add-on to War of Nation and make a critic on it. Is it worth investing or saving our money?

Don't forget to comment like mad folks, we love it! ��

Let's start right now!

{Updates}

~ NEW CRATES OF COMMANDERS BEING SOLD IN THE STORE & VIP LEVELS

Graphics: 7/10
    Concept: 10/10
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Personnal appreciation: 5/10

Why?: First of all, it was more than time! All the players were honestly wondering when a VIP points level-based system would be instored as almost all the others did. Second, we can easily find where it's located and all the features of the different levels are clearly specified. This part is very well done. Now let's get to the UGLY, REALLY UGLY part. GREE... Oh dear GREE... Why can't we earn those without spending tons & tons of money? I was so amused by this that I calculated the numbers just for fun. Here they are:

- Based on the fact a bundle gives 17k gold (In general, it's the amount of gold given) and it costs 100$ (US, other countries vary!), reaching VIP 10 (2 641 000 points) would take x1321 2k VIP points pack (The highest available for now) each costing 280 gold. The total gold cost is 369 740, which means the real money cost is around 2500$ including the taxes & excluding their activation.

I think that speaks for itself... To conclude, the amount of money it costs is right down ASYLUM LAND for the boosts you receive in return!!! A real joke! You're not going to spend 2.5k $ to send bigger waves or have a slight ura. & tita. increase in your mining production!!! They have to review the benefits & add way more boosts.

###THE FINAL CONCLUSION!###

Would I buy this right now?: No
    Why?: I would wait to see if GREE keeps giving those points through missions, rewards & events (WARCOM is one of those EPIC fails in which you can't have good ones (The recruits) without spending $$$). They'll also make sales for this new feature later on! New boosts will be added later because the current ones are a joke for what you have in return...

Would I buy it later?: Yes
    Why?: When it'll have shown it's stable through rewards & events, it'll be a must have.
    Last edited by Qc-Slayers; 10-25-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Well here's the first update opinion I have on the matter! Feel free to comment whatever you think about or if I forgot any game changer that could reflect way more.

Oh I forgot to mention I'd really like to receive comments arguing about my personnal opinions please! It's nice to have other points of view! Have a great day and good luck in WoN.

Ok to be fair to this thread I have not played WON in some time, I log on now and then set builds to offer a life Line to other players to give them a target to hit and to keep my unit numbers up for cross world events for the one or two active players in my old alliance.

All the updates so far are no help to the game, I have no interest in commander packs or other additions of content in a massively broken game. I played for strategy, skill, timing, friends in my alliance. all these things no longer exist in this game, there is no skill in dropping large amounts of cash on a game. And if competing requires it I am out, and I am in the majority not the minority.
    The underlying game is great but the bloat gree has put on top is not, for me gree would be better rolling the servers back to day 1, minus the bugs.....
    But even that would not fix things without changes. As we would just get the gold rush to the top that plagues new worlds now..
    If your going to make a freemium game it has to be that free or just be upfront and charge a monthly fee and be done with it then at least you can avoid game breaking money grabs from gree....

As for your question what's new most of Gree's packs have terrible odds and poor returns, that will never change it has been a running theme for a long time they never learn.
    DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting death View Post
    Ok to be fair to this thread I have not played WON in some time, I log on now and then set builds to offer a life Line to other players to give them a target to hit and to keep my unit numbers up for cross world events for the one or two active players in my old alliance.

All the updates so far are no help to the game, I have no interest in commander packs or other additions of content in a massively broken game. I played for strategy, skill, timing, friends in my alliance. all these things no longer exist in this game, there is no skill in dropping large amounts of cash on a game. And if competing requires it I am out, and I am in the majority not the minority.
    The underlying game is great but the bloat gree has put on top is not, for me gree would be better rolling the servers back to day 1, minus the bugs.....
    But even that would not fix things without changes. As we would just get the gold rush to the top that plagues new worlds now..
    If your going to make a freemium game it has to be that free or just be upfront and charge a monthly fee and be done with it then at least you can avoid game breaking money grabs from gree....

As for your question what's new most of Gree's packs have terrible odds and poor returns, that will never change it has been a running theme for a long time they never learn.
    DD.
    As for what you just said, I totally agree. It's a post to help players willing to spend, trying to make it worth it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qc-Slayers View Post
    As for what you just said, I totally agree. It's a post to help players willing to spend, trying to make it worth it for them.
    If your willing to pay then you want, fixed returns, which is what a world with a monthly fee, it should give you ex number of free stuff boosts commanders speed ups that are actually worth it, there has to be some random element to it or everyone gets the same.

Or even more simple, Gree loads you with free gold you just spend it on what you like they restock you gold every month, you can carry it over or just spend it, this creates variation. The gold amount they give you is fixed ( no self topping up) so it's a level playing field, so if you gain advantage it's from tactical spending of your fixed amount of gold this is proberbly the only way to maintain a tactical game that includes gold spending....
    I would add item drops from hitting other players and npc bases would need a tweak they would be better off if they only dropped resources and or speed ups to help a players replaced lost units from active combat. Not unbalancing items like teleports and extra commanders.

This fixes the game give Gree a revenue and a game that's gets back to the core game we all like, add in some good new events like stronghold type events but with variations,
    BP stronghold event,
    strongholds are full of npc units every time you hit them they get a commander upgrade so getting BP from them gets harder and harder over the event, the game would have to remember who hit what for the duration of the event,
    But this then forces players to hit multiple strongholds all over the map as each stronghold is treated as a individual base, if the game did not give you the locations then this adds to the event as you can only hit what you can find.... With limited gold per month players would have to decide if spending it on teleports was worth it.... Tactics with gold spending this could also be run on an alliance level with an alliance running total.

Then you get down to event rewards my personal opinion is they should not drop advantages that have permenant effects, if you want a game to be strategy based, rewards have to be carefully weighted they have to be a reward but not break the game. Items that give that effect are like ripsaw war heads and shields they are good to have but don't offer a long term unfair advantage.
    DD

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting death View Post
    If your willing to pay then you want, fixed returns, which is what a world with a monthly fee, it should give you ex number of free stuff boosts commanders speed ups that are actually worth it, there has to be some random element to it or everyone gets the same.

Or even more simple, Gree loads you with free gold you just spend it on what you like they restock you gold every month, you can carry it over or just spend it, this creates variation. The gold amount they give you is fixed ( no self topping up) so it's a level playing field, so if you gain advantage it's from tactical spending of your fixed amount of gold this is proberbly the only way to maintain a tactical game that includes gold spending....
    I would add item drops from hitting other players and npc bases would need a tweak they would be better off if they only dropped resources and or speed ups to help a players replaced lost units from active combat. Not unbalancing items like teleports and extra commanders.

This fixes the game give Gree a revenue and a game that's gets back to the core game we all like, add in some good new events like stronghold type events but with variations,
    BP stronghold event,
    strongholds are full of npc units every time you hit them they get a commander upgrade so getting BP from them gets harder and harder over the event, the game would have to remember who hit what for the duration of the event,
    But this then forces players to hit multiple strongholds all over the map as each stronghold is treated as a individual base, if the game did not give you the locations then this adds to the event as you can only hit what you can find.... With limited gold per month players would have to decide if spending it on teleports was worth it.... Tactics with gold spending this could also be run on an alliance level with an alliance running total.

Then you get down to event rewards my personal opinion is they should not drop advantages that have permenant effects, if you want a game to be strategy based, rewards have to be carefully weighted they have to be a reward but not break the game. Items that give that effect are like ripsaw war heads and shields they are good to have but don't offer a long term unfair advantage.
    DD
    I totally agree! But GREE loves BOX events and those give permanent advantages... So, I think we will not see a change before a long time...

The simplest form for pay monthly worlds, basicly turns gold into a strategic resource to be spent and used like any other resource in the game. The only difference would be the amount of gold players get each month is fixed.

This then opens the way to offer gold as prizes in events as it will give a strategic advantage not a permanent one.

Gree could make the monthly fee flexable, click adverts it's cheaper or even free if you click plenty, they could create a points system players earn points from advert clicking and events or point purchases (for cash), every month/ week the game takes ex number of points from you, your locked out of moving units and possibly other things, in app until you pay your points fee, and your gold doesn't replenish.

This then makes winning events, purchases, and advert clicking about extending game membership, and gold a strategic resource. Which you can use to buy teleports or speedups, base cores and standard commanders.

This is the way to make a strategy game make money while maintaining it as a strategic game.
    The actual cash gree would need to make from every player would be a fraction of the amount the whale players drop each, as it has 100% paying players not 5% paying players we have now.

DD.

Very thorough review, Qc-Slayers. Thank you for that. I'm sure GREE will appreciate this constructive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    Very thorough review, Qc-Slayers. Thank you for that. I'm sure GREE will appreciate this constructive feedback.
    Thanks! I think GREE has to realise a balanced game earn way more money than a game where everything is sold... They only keep a certain amount of players instead of building a community.