Thread: Gem prices!

Gem prices!

So I am pretty sure that gem prices have gone up fairly significantly, at least in Australia. I sure don't recall it being $160 for 800 gems because that is ridiculous! Even during 40% sale that is still nearly $100. Glad I haven't been buying gems. It's all about the money hey Greed!
    Guild Sentinel of IOS guild Sugoi Warriors.
    Plenty of maxed Epics, just can't get a decent fire/water combo! Hate to lose but can't afford to win!

It could be your country suddenly making VAT apply to such buys.
    For ex. in plenty of games buys now cost me more euros than the listed dollar price, since even though a euro is worth 1.14 dollars, my country's 21% VAT pushes that the other way...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Yeah Marco is right, that might be your problem as I have a guildmate with the same problem too who lives in Netherlands.

Yeah I don't think so. We do have GST(VAT) but it hasn't changed and is 10%. Prices have gone up by more than that from what I can see. Although I can't remember exactly what the prices were before.
    Plenty of maxed Epics, just can't get a decent fire/water combo! Hate to lose but can't afford to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Mos20 View Post
    So I am pretty sure that gem prices have gone up fairly significantly, at least in Australia. I sure don't recall it being $160 for 800 gems because that is ridiculous! Even during 40% sale that is still nearly $100. Glad I haven't been buying gems. It's all about the money hey Greed!
    Yeah, the gem prices did go up in Australia. I am not sure about other countries though!

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    Yeah, the gem prices did go up in Australia. I am not sure about other countries though!
    Don't suppose Gree gave a reason for it or just Greedy like I expect? We don't even get the holiday sales anymore, are they trying to make people stop buying gems!

It's not gree. It's apple... and it has a lot to do with the changes in the currency exchange.

I mean yeah, I suppose gree could have made the choice to not change the price, and effectively give Aussies a "discount" but they are not obligated to.

Also adding on to the fact that Apple had been involved in tax evasion, maybe it's time to starting using Android.

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfSlayerx View Post
    Also adding on to the fact that Apple had been involved in tax evasion, maybe it's time to starting using Android.
    War scorers are generally tamer on ios tho.... translate: cheaper to win your df/df+s

The end user doesn't care whether it's because of tax additions, greedy Gree, Apple tax evasion, Google Play/Apple Playstore surcharges or whatever -
    the gem price is too high and many users simply won't buy at such crazy prices.

I myself have cut down buying gems significantly, especially since they effectively removed the guaranteed epics from opening many chests, and the holiday packs disappeared as well (it's not only about the discount, also about the fusion fodder). Shame on Gree, I don't want to throw more money at it. The increased price in Europe just 'helped' to remove the tease even more. Interestingly, removing my investments in gems helped me to move away from the game more easily (probably because I'm not so heavily invested in it anymore).
    Not begging anyone to 'join my guild' since like ...ever.

Friggin ridiculous! $20 increase for 800 gems during the event sale. Used to be $89 now it's $109. All for an imaginary currency that Greedy made up. Such an incentive to buy "hey it's 30% off and still way expensive!" On top of raid milestone rewards stuff up, I don't think so.

IMHO, it helps to NOT buy gems very effectively. Thank you, Gree!

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    IMHO, it helps to NOT buy gems very effectively. Thank you, Gree!
    Agreed, feeding money to GREE is not something you should do with your hard earned cash, occasional spending is fine but not constant.