GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Has GREE abandoned this forum?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    First- most of the top guilds chose not to farm
    I'll call that a good argument right about the time they let me buy the gingerbread house I chose not to buy a while ago. You and your guild made a choice- much like the rest of us do all the time about how to spend our time, effort, and resources- and now you're telling me it wouldn't be right if Gree didn't do in the future what you believed they would do? How is that anything other than whining about being unhappy with your decision?

Inasmuch as maybe you guys spend more than me, Gree should be more interested in placating you, but don't think for an instant that's somehow fair.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dpille View Post
    I'll call that a good argument right about the time they let me buy the gingerbread house I chose not to buy a while ago. You and your guild made a choice- much like the rest of us do all the time about how to spend our time, effort, and resources- and now you're telling me it wouldn't be right if Gree didn't do in the future what you believed they would do? How is that anything other than whining about being unhappy with your decision?

Inasmuch as maybe you guys spend more than me, Gree should be more interested in placating you, but don't think for an instant that's somehow fair.

Er- First the gingerbread house was not an error. Second, Gree said they would fix it just as we thought they would. This made our decision the correct one. You are the one whining that they should change their mind to change your bad decision into a good one.

??????????

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Er- First the gingerbread house was not an error. Second, Gree said they would fix it just as we thought they would. This made our decision the correct one. You are the one whining that they should change their mind to change your bad decision into a good one.

??????????
    Gree should have fixed the error right away. They did not, which was read as it being correct. many times in the past when something seemed wrong, the game was actually right. We are now supposed to make a right or wrong decision based on what the Gree screw up is? Lol.

Not all of the major guilds made the decision to blow off farming that excellent unit. Gree showed the prize. Farming it is legit. Showing a prize, having people spend money on it, and then taking it away will not look good to Apple.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I can also see where the major guilds that decided to not farm the unit would be at a disadvantage to those that actually played the game.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree is giving the gems back that you spent - so stop throwing out that straw man.

And we were certainly playing the game when we made the clever decision not to waste our time on a clear error.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Where did Gree say they were giving back gems? What about honor points? What about battle health potions?
    they can't start a war without bugs. How the heck are they going to get this right? They should leave it as is and those that played the game as it was advertised should keep what they were promised.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    And, it was not clearly an erro. Much like the many other instances where there was a perceived error, only to find out what many thought was an error was actually not an error at all.

Gree offered a prize for killing a boss. Kept it up a long time. That's not clearly an error.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Funny- so there's a new building available for 40 gems that offers 100x the gold as the mine being sold for 500 gems. And you're so certain it was 'not an error'?

I'm hardly whining (particularly because I didn't log in during the relevant time period) but trying to point out that pulling something after rollout is inherently unfair. I'm glad you're confident you made the right choice, but that remains to be seen.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yes I could see the difference as could everyone else.

When the drop for a 30 level boss is the same as the prize for finishing normal it is clearly an error. Most top founders saw this and directed their guild to focus on quest until this was sorted. It was really obvious guys.

And Sirius clearly said earlier in this thread to send in tickets for gems, honor and orbs. Please do so and relax.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Yes I could see the difference as could everyone else.

When the drop for a 30 level boss is the same as the prize for finishing normal it is clearly an error. Most top founders saw this and directed their guild to focus on quest until this was sorted. It was really obvious guys.

And Sirius clearly said earlier in this thread to send in tickets for gems, honor and orbs. Please do so and relax.
    Omg, sure, just relax and trust that GREE will do the right thing!
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Dpile et al: other than the time you wasted (which regrettably we all have done more than we would like to count of that with this game) being irrecoverable, doesn't a reimbursement of orbs/honor/gems spent solve for this injustice toward you? I guess an argument could be made that you need some additional refills too for time that you could have spent finishing the quest. I see no harm in that either.

With regard to right/wrong and its application in this instance, the ship of principles left port long ago. If any of you are playing this game and expect any consistency, predictability, fairness, or even general reasonableness, then I anticipate you will continue to be disappointed. Sadly, I have come to expect the worst and consider it a bonus when something resembling decency manifests on the part of our gree overlords.

In this case, when I saw the level 20/30 drops 10 minutes into the event, I knew chaos would ensue. Many people would abort the official event to try and farm the units, while others would ignore what was obviously an error; at the same time, both would attempt to find moral high ground for their position and make their case to the Gree High Council. Both would trudge up old examples and attempt to draw parallels, both would claim this was the end of gemmers and the further degradation of the game.

Meanwhile, I grabbed popcorn and waited patiently for these 5 pages of back and forth to ensue. Fantastically entertaining. I look forward, in a couple weeks, to reading about ____________ event on _________ day in which gree messed up ____________ and caused gemmers to get mad about_____________. That, in turn, caused non-gemmers to be mad about _____________. And gree said __________ would never happen again and that they are listening. We all got ___________ orbs for our troubles!

Post Count
    When the drop for a 30 level boss is the same as the prize for finishing normal it is clearly an error.
    Clearly an error... made by gree (again and again and again). Not by the players so they should not be punished for it.

Relax??? They take ages to respond to tickets and then they don't even resolve it (again and again and again).

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    If not fixed as promised, the majority that did not farm are punished by gree for it. In this case they asked for tickets by farmers.

SenorSwamp is right. When I saw the error my first thought as founder was how to prevent peeps from getting unhappy. Ultimately there was no real way to farm equitably which is one of the main reasons most top guilds stopped and hoped Gree would fix it. We were prepared to farm after completing chain though. Glad we dont have to and that gree is fixing it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think you're doing a lot of post hoc justification. How was there "no way to farm equitably"? Sure there was- here's the setup, go do what you think is best. More to the point, saying you were prepared to farm after completing the quest chain really undermines all that junk above where you knew it was all an error and chose not to do it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dpille View Post
    I think you're doing a lot of post hoc justification. How was there "no way to farm equitably"? Sure there was- here's the setup, go do what you think is best. More to the point, saying you were prepared to farm after completing the quest chain really undermines all that junk above where you knew it was all an error and chose not to do it.
    Any thoughts on my direct question to you? To recap: Dpile et al: other than the time you wasted (which regrettably we all have done more than we would like to count of that with this game) being irrecoverable, doesn't a reimbursement of orbs/honor/gems spent solve for this injustice toward you? I guess an argument could be made that you need some additional refills too for time that you could have spent finishing the quest. I see no harm in that either.