[Goal] Energize and Reload!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Goal] Energize and Reload!

Post Count

[Goal] Energize and Reload!

Energize and Reload!
    Goal states, "We have corrected an issue which should allow for a better experience while dominating the streets!"
    Have some energy on us! [BUY] 0/1
    Reward: Energy X5

It was a 24hr goal; ends in less than 6hrs.

Has anybody done this?
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    I did it. I got 5 free energy refills I think. I didn't actually check if I really got them or not.

Post Count
    Yes, buy one item for a dollar and get 5 weapons and 5 refills.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingsquad23 View Post
    Yes, buy one item for a dollar and get ------- and 5 refills.
    Did you know this is a bug that works in the players' favor?

Might want to edit that post.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    Did you know this is a bug that works in the players' favor?

Might want to edit that post.
    Some people I guess just don't understand when GREE messes up and feels the need to let them know about it.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Facepalm......

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Guess it ended.
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Post Count
    You guys are right, after getting splash screens of the items they were awarding with the text saying here's a gift for our mistakes I should have known it was a huge mess up in our favor. Sure hope they don't take anyone's massive stat gains away. Who would've known the only way for GREE to find such an error would be a post to this forum.

My sincerest apologies..

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingsquad23 View Post
    You guys are right, after getting splash screens of the items they were awarding with the text saying here's a gift for our mistakes I should have known it was a huge mess up in our favor. Sure hope they don't take anyone's massive stat gains away. Who would've known the only way for GREE to find such an error would be a post to this forum.

My sincerest apologies..
    Was this a droid thing?
    (I only have iOS devices.)

I still have no idea what you meant in your last post, #3 above.

Post Count
    No, it's not a droid thing, and I don't think it was a mistake. You complete the goal, you get a bunch of free stuff. It's not just energy refills. I don't understand why this is confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    No, it's not a droid thing, and I don't think it was a mistake. You complete the goal, you get a bunch of free stuff. It's not just energy refills. I don't understand why this is confusing.
    The goal I posted about in the OP does not say anything in game about "a bunch of free stuff," only 5 energy refills.

Then customers started acting like there is a glitch or something... I don't see anything unusual on iOS, that's why I asked.

Post Count
    The glitch was if you completed that goal to get 5 energy refills you also got the (48) and (72) speed run goals for finishing elite 20/20 of the ltq.

There is a very good chance people didn't realize that's what happened, I didn't on my main account. It was easy to figure out what happened when I loaded my mini and wanted to know where those items came from.

But yeah, to anyone experienced with Gree, it's pretty suspiciously generous to get 5x energy refill AND 5x item + modifier for completing a goal for $1 CC dollar. Reeks of "too good to be intentional and may eventually be corrected." Even if the original goal was meant to correct for whatever unspecified issue they fixed.
    Last edited by namedud; 10-07-2015 at 01:32 PM.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    So what happened to it? Was it that they messed up and gave a bunch of stuff for free so they ended it early? I started looking for it like a crackhead on a carpet 2 hours after VL said it had "less than 6 hours" left and nada. I'd still like a shot at the free refills....

This raises that old ethical bugaboo: what does a player who feels (rather strongly) that it is horribly unethical to exploit a "glitch" do with the "ill-gotten" gain he ill-got from (innocently?) doing just that. Off to the Philosophy Library I suppose.
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Post Count
    It was a 24 hour limited time goal. I can't tell you when it started or was supposed to end because I don't know either.

And there's nothing philosophical to discuss here. This couldn't be exploited as it was not repeatable and occurred while doing regular game actions. The only ways to avoid benefitting from this glitch were either to not log in, or to be one of those people that completely ignores the goals list.

I doubt anything will be taken away, although it could be, but still.... This is the type of thing that gets around quick among syndicates, there's no reason to post about it here. And if your syndicate never gets any such intel, get in a better one.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Agreed. Lmao

I got a ticket like an hour before saying there would be something given in the game as compensation for the crappy SA and LTQ (not in those exact words). But yeah. 10% armor attack and 5 energy refills, thanks GREE!

Guess you had to log on that day to get them though
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000