Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Jewel Chests finally got me

I've been buying jewel chests pretty much since they came out. Always managed to get a little something. Well last night the chest finally got me. Not one single Legendary. Not even a tier 1. So I'm hanging up my jewel chest buying for the immediate future.

The add says 5X chance at getting a Legendary jewel but what they don't tell you is super rare jewels 90X and ultra rare jewels 60X. Next to that 5X for Legendary Jewels you might not see one at all for 52 chests.
    Last edited by Lord P; 10-07-2015 at 05:37 AM. Reason: positive education always corrects errors

What Gree is doing is effectively turn people away from investing in them.

I have opened chests on a quite regular basis when you would at least get a guaranteed (relatively good) Epic+ when opening 40 (iirc) chests,
    but getting no guaranteed stuff and a ridiculously low chance of getting ANYTHING of value has many people try it for a few times, but then turning away from them angrily. And fully justified so, imo. It's bad enough that chest rewards are inferior to war rewards that are cheaper.

Well they lost this customer on chests unless they bring back the 40% Flash Sales on the regular or the Holiday Pack. They couldn't have asked me in a nastier way to stop buying chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    I've been buying jewel chests pretty much since they came out. Always managed to get a little something. Well last night the chest finally got me. Not one single Legendary. Not even a tier 1. So I'm hanging up my jewel chest buying for the immediate future.
    Well, at least you've been getting 4* jewelry.
    Nearly every special jewel chest I've been opening a set of 11 if one of my alts had the gems for it and each time 9-11 2* and 0-2 3* for me...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I knew I was riding a lucky cloud. Now the luck is gone and I'm done. Had a pretty good streak going too. Such a ripoff.

From what i read in other social media channels, the running 'how to' advice from experienced, long-term players is to absolutely avoid buying chests and to join war/stripping event 'runs' (win buying) instead. Quote: 'Only noobs buy chests.'

There seems to be much truth in that. An additional matter-of-fact argument is that war (stripping contest) armor is cheaper and stronger, while the super-expensive chest armor is weaker. True dat!

Not sure if it is in Gree's interest to have customers come to this conclusion and have them advise others to avoid opening chests (you can even often read it on Google Play now!) ...lol... , but I can just agree that I won't buy anything until chances have been significantly improved, guaranteed armors return (why was that even taken away from opening 40+ chests?!!) and/or there are 40% sales / holiday packs again. Any other decision would be a stupid one.
    Last edited by roookey1; 10-07-2015 at 05:52 PM.

so... for a blip period of time earlier this evening, the purple and orange keys were opening **** level rings and amulets... was that some bug?

Facebook comments seems to suggest those are accompanying bling for the current chest DF:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5609760&type=3
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4107831&type=3
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3962831&type=3

So to get a full set of armor + bling, you need to open different types of chest I guess... -_-
    Last edited by Marco_; 10-08-2015 at 03:08 AM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Gree is evil...... if you get the bling then they're literally seducing you to spend piles of gems getting the armor.

What I haven't figured out yet is what chests are the bling in?

Enchanted Chests (Gold Keys) now have all three tiers of Ultra Rare bling. Just pulled a Wicked Pillars.

Just got both the set jewels and a high tier legendary Ring from the purple key chests........ Now I don't feel so bad. Apparently they've added a lot of new stuff to the Dark Prince Chest.

Jewelry Chests ��
    Khaleesi's Bunny and RA Prince

Well I never open chests unless if they're free -.- luck is just never on my side....

Quote Originally Posted by YaFedImYaEatIm View Post
    Well I never open chests unless if they're free -.- luck is just never on my side....
    YaFed the Datamine man from Facebook?