GRRR Game Center login window in iOS 9

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GRRR Game Center login window in iOS 9

GRRR Game Center login window in iOS 9

Hi,

I'm not a fan of game center and do not wish to register. in past versions of iOs it got the message and went away after a couple of cancel clicks and offered me to disable it.
    Since I upgraded to iOs 9 I haven't been able to "disable" game center.

Every time I start/login to crime city I get the VERY annoying game center sign in page. Yes, I can cancel on the top left but it is a pain in the butt (also slow screen).
    Has anyone figured out how to bypass/disable game center either overall or specifically for game center?

I have tried different tricks that people recommended online about logging in then turning everything off and logging out again to no avail. I've tried restricting game center, turning the notifications off but all to no avail.

I'm sure someone would say just activate it and be done with it but I'd rather not do that so any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Philly

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I wasn't a fan either, but did eventually link my game just to get rid of the annoying screen you mention. As it happened, I had a problem with my phone which meant I couldn't use it for a few months. Linking meant I could still play on my iPad so it's probably worthwhile even if you're not a fan.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    I wasn't a fan either, but did eventually link my game just to get rid of the annoying screen you mention. As it happened, I had a problem with my phone which meant I couldn't use it for a few months. Linking meant I could still play on my iPad so it's probably worthwhile even if you're not a fan.
    I can see that benefit; I always prefer the option of choosing, at least in previous versions I could disable the annoying message. Also I don't like the feeling of my data being tracked/used for whatever purpose. I'm not a nut believing that I'm very interesting or that the government/gree/apple are peeking but anything that is linked to me and I can't control leaves me uneasy.

Certainly more a philosophical issue than anything else, end of "rant"..

Regards,
    Philly

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia20 View Post
    I can see that benefit; I always prefer the option of choosing, at least in previous versions I could disable the annoying message. Also I don't like the feeling of my data being tracked/used for whatever purpose. I'm not a nut believing that I'm very interesting or that the government/gree/apple are peeking but anything that is linked to me and I can't control leaves me uneasy.

Certainly more a philosophical issue than anything else, end of "rant"..

Regards,
    Philly
    Agree completely re: data snooping. Sad to say it's in everything you do online, and increasing amounts offline too.

Retiring to live as a hermit is the only option.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Same here. Now that I logged in, I am glad I have it. I can play all my Gree games on any device, which is nice on business trips where I dont feel like lugging the iPad along. Turns out it is a handy little benefit. Not sure what trying to hide online game activity is going to do, unless you are trying to hide gameplay from a spouse or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Same here. Now that I logged in, I am glad I have it. I can play all my Gree games on any device, which is nice on business trips where I dont feel like lugging the iPad along. Turns out it is a handy little benefit. Not sure what trying to hide online game activity is going to do, unless you are trying to hide gameplay from a spouse or something.
    I'm not hiding my online activity from people I know, I don't want companies etc. to have access to that data. It is a) NONE of their business and b) I have no clue how they can monetize it but they certainly do. Google is making billions just with that data, same facebook.

Again it really is only a philosophical issue but it should be my choice and apple/gree shouldn't force me to use something I don't want/need. Yes I could stop playing etc. but my point is that I haven't had to use that feature in the past so why now?

But then again I like the hermit idea ;-)
    Regards,
    Philly

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Perhaps this should be a question in my soon to be stickied "Stupid Question" Thread, but:
    What is the point of Game Center? Yes, handy to let one play games on different devices, but what's with all these ludicrous challanges from strangers on games I have never even dreamed exist?

Sounds like a big download scam to me, but....
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Red BD View Post
    Perhaps this should be a question in my soon to be stickied "Stupid Question" Thread, but:
    What is the point of Game Center? Yes, handy to let one play games on different devices, but what's with all these ludicrous challanges from strangers on games I have never even dreamed exist?

Sounds like a big download scam to me, but....
    I've not had any of those; just one "friend" request which has been sitting there for months. Really should get rid of that.