DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whale observation

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Whale observation

This may have been said before, but here it goes lol

So once upon a time I would have been in the almost whale club. Always went for the $1000 bonus tier. My old HLP was t25/10. Dating back to when I got the fusion apc and every health regen and energy regen going. It got to a stage where LTQs and bosses became doable with my regen stats. All I needed to do was maybe spend a vault per cycle and the rest went into WDs.. Even thou my stats/regens went up Gree always seemed to adjust to keep that vault spend in place...

Fast forward to now. I have an LLP I don't spend gold (other than free gold). My energy regen is 3 and health is only reduced via faction.. Because (it seems) that Gree gear events around making whales spend it would mean that my spend would be ridiculous to gain what I used to be able to gain each cycle...

I'm not saying that I should be able to step in with a new account and get what I had, but with little to no health/energy regen it would be impossible for me to return to the same spending (not that I would).. I don't believe the perks that I once had could ever be achieved but Gree still seems to gear to only those players.. So with more whales retiring, the pot that Gree can suck dry is shrinking.. I really do feel that the game has to cater for the newer and mid level stat players..

It can't be that hard to reintroduce the old non stackable units that once used to be obtainable.. Eg deadly bridge jumper

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Fully a'gree'. . ( no " pun " intended ) I "sup"port this statement. (Sorry. Couldn't help it lol)
    Last edited by Area51z; 10-02-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Well said hellraiser

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You mean create new whales instead of slaughtering the old ones? Yeah, that would make sense, but that would require this thing called forethought, which has both NASA and Stephen Hawking puzzled as to what causes it to be totally disrupted upon entering GREE HQ.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I hope that some non-stacking bonuses make an appearance for the newer guys (2 yr vets) because there hasn't been anything "new" or "exciting" for quite some time. I heard someone refer to this a "maintenance mode," but not sure what that means in the freemium model. A 4-year run on a phone game title is pretty long, however, I suspect it's getting stale for a lot of players. Games can do much more than a database function, so maybe that is where the traffic is going. Check out Progress Quest. It's pretty much the same thing as MW, but it's all automated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    I hope that some non-stacking bonuses make an appearance for the newer guys (2 yr vets) because there hasn't been anything "new" or "exciting" for quite some time. I heard someone refer to this a "maintenance mode," but not sure what that means in the freemium model. A 4-year run on a phone game title is pretty long, however, I suspect it's getting stale for a lot of players. Games can do much more than a database function, so maybe that is where the traffic is going. Check out Progress Quest. It's pretty much the same thing as MW, but it's all automated!
    PQ is amazing.
    What I looooove about it, is once you start it, you don't need to DEW NUTTIN.

PQ, its not for gamers, its for lazy, drunken bums!

Yes sir, that's me, a lazy, good for NUTTIN, bum!!!
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Very true hell, their whale base shrinks daily.

Post Count
    Totally agree with ya, HR.
    Line ID: clementine88

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Very true hell, their whale base shrinks daily.
    So true as a long time whale I'm running out of people I know from long ago.

Also whale zone now has defense 2.7x attack. Only about 10 - 20 whales can hit me. it doesn't make sense

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    That's the reason i now don't spend at all, started playing beginning of this year, was spending a volt-few per cycle, but... The only ones that helped my stats for real were those boost buildings for gold, and all at lvl 20 make difference, now new ones almost at lvl 20 - even bigger difference... But... That's it - no health regen, +1 i think on energy... bunch of double strikes help during wd, iph okay for frontline - do only to be around/under average for my lvl/stats, regardless of how much more I'd spend on +1-5% def/atk boosts, would make me just a tiny bit more competitive - so I stopped spending - all savings now go to much more beneficial items, such as shoes and bags

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    March Madness kept things alive, even revived the game a tad.
    Well, its October, how about Oktoberfest????

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    March Madness kept things alive, even revived the game a tad.
    Well, its October, how about Oktoberfest????
    If march madness was the epic boss that over inflated stats and made this game worthless then another one of those events may be the nail in the coffin.

Like Loli-pop said it would take too much money to get ahead that there is no use in spending a dime for me. It wouldn't do any good. So what's a few boost buildings when players are in quadrillion now, it's laughable.

Banned
    Post Count
    Not a big whale. But used to spend my fair share but quit spending 2 months ago and now I am finally almost out of gold and will not spend on this game again just playing for fun with a few close friends

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    If march madness was the epic boss that over inflated stats and made this game worthless then another one of those events may be the nail in the coffin.

Like Loli-pop said it would take too much money to get ahead that there is no use in spending a dime for me. It wouldn't do any good. So what's a few boost buildings when players are in quadrillion now, it's laughable.

You see the stats are meaningless to most, to others stats are the end all, be all.
    March Madness did cause stats to appear to rise.
    Smoke and mirrors.
    What March Madness did was revive interest, and keep the masses from fleeing.
    March Madness engaged the rabble.
    Oktoberfest would also DEW the same, keep 'em tapping.

"

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Well said HR... but you can come up with lots of idea's and lots of suggestion's that everyone of us has done in the past, even agree on what myself and all my faction has done, reduced our spend on gold if we buy any at all now. But the simple fact is...... Gree never act on it, or acknowledge just what a big % of the gamers are doing now. But saying that, my opinion is what myself and a few other factions are feeling and doing.