Cheaters and Funzio problem - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheaters and Funzio problem

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    So, we can actually see who has purchased gold and who hasn't. We can see that in real time. If a player has gold that hasn't been purchased they get banned. If a player cheats in any way they get punished based on their actions; in most cases that means a ban.

Just because someone beats you in a fight and has a lot of gold items doesn't mean they're cheating. We get reports by players every day accusing legitimate players of cheating, and then follow-up e-mails accusing us of favoring cheats because we're not banning these legit players.
    Well said...in short just play your game and quit whining...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    @KronicK: thanks.

Most people won't care what I said, just because some just play a few days, some too weak to care so much (so called losers in game). However I don't care about them either , no worry, I target Funzio in this post only.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I might be missing the point here but really, who cares if someone else is cheating? We're not playing the CC World Cup are we? And it's not as though you can "win" the game- it just keeps going, right? There's no cash prize or trophy or new car on the line- at worst you lose some fake money now and then or record a loss in your stats (boo-hoo- *a lone violinist appears and begins to play a mournful tune*)

So some dude with hax loots your hood. Who cares? If that guy didn't then someone else would have. Or is it the other way around? You spy a massive loot to be had but can't pull it off because of the opponents insanely high ill-gotten A/D? Well... too bad- you're gonna have to choose one of the 19 other opponents on the rivals list. If it's still tearing you up inside, just remember that all those L8, 9, 10 buildings you couldn't rob... they were probably upgraded with gold anyway. Thus, if not for the hax it probably wouldn't have been much of a loot anyway, so aside from the few seconds it takes you to travel there and check op. stats, the net effect is prett
    So if the guy owns 200 Bloody Mayhem or 500 Cyber Bike... just don't fight them.
    Seriously, is the problem really that bad? I could understand it if 3 out of every 4 opponents were hacking, but really, how many is it? One in a hundred? One in fifty?
    But finally, as the saying goes- "If you can't beat em..." etc etc whatever it is they say. If cheating has become so rampant and everybody else is getting away with it, then why don't you just go ahead and cheat too? If what you say is true then it isn't immoral- you're just leveling the playing field. Does it defeat the purpose of playing? Yeah, probably... but if everyone is cheating and getting away with it, well, there's no purpose to playing it anyway because you still can't win.

There are literally thousands of games out there. Play the ones you enjoy and ignore the ones that cause rage. If you think you have a genuine issue and the developer refuses to act, vote with your feet. If everything else has failed, it may be the only other way to get their attention (short of turning up naked in their office chanting and waving a sign in support of your cause).

**** it... just play Sudoku- guaranteed no cheaters (except the ones who write the numbers between the squares... the bastards.)

Anyway... Mark, are you serious? How could anyone logically conclude that any business would favor, or even be indifferent to, any behavior which essentially amounts to stealing (by way of obtaining an income-generating commodity without payment. Maybe not quite the same as stealing a bike or shoplifting- probably closer to piracy I guess but the result to the business is the same).
    There's one problem with your story though and I don't believe it for a second. Why?

We get reports by players every day accusing legitimate players of cheating, and then follow-up e-mails accusing us of favoring cheats because we're not banning these legit players.
    Mark...

...no one that stupid would have the capacity to handle something as complex as composing, let alone sending an email.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I might be missing the point here but really, who cares if someone else is cheating? We're not playing the CC World Cup are we? And it's not as though you can "win" the game- it just keeps going, right? There's no cash prize or trophy or new car on the line- at worst you lose some fake money now and then or record a loss in your stats (boo-hoo- *a lone violinist appears and begins to play a mournful tune*)

So some dude with hax loots your hood. Who cares? If that guy didn't then someone else would have. Or is it the other way around? You spy a massive loot to be had but can't pull it off because of the opponents insanely high ill-gotten A/D? Well... too bad- you're gonna have to choose one of the 19 other opponents on the rivals list. If it's still tearing you up inside, just remember that all those L8, 9, 10 buildings you couldn't rob... they were probably upgraded with gold anyway. Thus, if not for the hax it probably wouldn't have been much of a loot anyway, so aside from the few seconds it takes you to travel there and check op. stats, the net effect is pretty much zero.
    So if the guy owns 200 Bloody Mayhem or 500 Cyber Bike... just don't fight them.
    Seriously, is the problem really that bad? I could understand it if 3 out of every 4 opponents were hacking, but really, how many is it? One in a hundred? One in fifty?

Or how about this: as the saying goes- "If you can't beat em..." etc etc whatever it is they say. If cheating has become so rampant and everybody else is getting away with it, then why don't you just go ahead and cheat too? If what you say is true then it isn't immoral- you're just leveling the playing field. Does it defeat the purpose of playing? Yeah, probably... but if everyone is cheating and getting away with it, well, there's no purpose to playing it anyway because you still can't win.

There are literally thousands of games out there. Play the ones you enjoy and ignore the ones that cause rage. If you think you have a genuine issue and the developer refuses to act, vote with your feet. If everything else has failed, it may be the only other way to get their attention (short of turning up naked in their office chanting and waving a sign in support of your cause- your own sort of "Occupy Funzio" protest).

**** it... just play Sudoku- guaranteed no cheaters (except the ones who write the numbers between the squares... the bastards.)

Anyway... Mark, are you serious? How could anyone logically conclude that any business would favor, or even be indifferent to, any behavior which essentially amounts to stealing (by way of obtaining an income-generating commodity without payment. Maybe not quite the same as stealing a bike or shoplifting- probably closer to piracy I guess but the result to the business is the same).
    There's one problem with your story though and I don't believe it for a second. Why?

We get reports by players every day accusing legitimate players of cheating, and then follow-up e-mails accusing us of favoring cheats because we're not banning these legit players.
    Mark...

...no one that stupid would have the capacity to handle something as complex as composing, let alone sending an email.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have to agree with Khung because I have snap shots of this guy with all lvl 10 buildings and crazy income for his lvl. I reported him and nothing happened. "j" the developer told me he was not cheating. Few days later I caught him constructing 2 buildings at once took a snap shot of that and send it to "j" asking for a ban. I get a reply back saying "never ask for a ban for another Player". Still visit his hood from time to time and nothing has been done. Infact, one of these cheaters told me that he is allowed to do multiple upgrades and constuction because he is the owners Son.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Okay then. So tell me what you think about this-
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/malicious_kode/****/IMG_0549.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The problem with cheaters is that if nothing is done, or if the repercussions are too small, they multiply and multiply. Like Mr. Smiths!

Post Count
    oh theres a new cheat ive stumbled upon when checking out another player... the respect coin cheat. dude has like over 1k of respect items in all categories... weapons, melee, armor n vehicle. u wonder how in gays hell they received ridic amount of respect points to buy thousands of each (night vision goggles, chain whip etc) with low # of fights n robs in their profile... or is it possible to buy respect points now? extremely suspect.
    258 286 449 (O_0)/")
    --ThugLyphen aint easy... ';X

Post Count
    "buy" is not the proper word..."edit" i might say :P

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom123 View Post
    I have to agree with Khung because I have snap shots of this guy with all lvl 10 buildings and crazy income for his lvl. I reported him and nothing happened. "j" the developer told me he was not cheating. Few days later I caught him constructing 2 buildings at once took a snap shot of that and send it to "j" asking for a ban. I get a reply back saying "never ask for a ban for another Player". Still visit his hood from time to time and nothing has been done. Infact, one of these cheaters told me that he is allowed to do multiple upgrades and constuction because he is the owners Son.
    thank you for your contribution on this topic, not like the other ****head " who cares" , " so what", blah blah blah...
    back to the topic: not only this, i got plenty of the pictures like two building in one spot, guys with like 9k attack point and 40K of defense because all of his building are lvl 10( money and defense buildings)..etc
    So if I in this case like Mark, i will listen carefully before I reply back to you- the players rather than say " nothing like your accuse is happen".
    870 855 307
    anyone add me please, thank you ^^

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KronicK View Post
    thank you for your contribution on this topic, not like the other ****head " who cares" , " so what", blah blah blah...
    what did i do?
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by whocareswhatmynameis View Post
    what did i do?
    haha, not you man! I mean the one say it =))
    870 855 307
    anyone add me please, thank you ^^

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    Okay then. So tell me what you think about this-
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/malicious_kode/****/IMG_0549.jpg[/IMG]
    what the hell???
    seeya wouldnt wanna be ya!

Post Count
    I totally agree with Khung and KronicK!
    You ppl that write "stop *****in it's just a game" are so stupid. No one is *****in, and you're right, it IS just a game, no one has maintained anything else. But a game will loose it's purpose if some players have a huge advantage. Besides that, the developers loose money if people can get the gold for free instead of paying for it. That will, in the long run, result in no more updates and the game will eventually be discontinued.

I, among others, sees the gold as a good way to support the game and the developers.
    I think that the people who writes stupid comments on how they don't care about cheaters are probably cheaters them selves. Cuz no one who puts effort, time and money into this game appreciates cheaters.

- SEM -

Post Count
    i agree with some of what your saying, i dont like people gold cheating not cool, because its nice to get gold for nice items, but in terms of buy gold to support the developers, theyve already made over 20 million dollars. i dont really think they need much more support lol
    seeya wouldnt wanna be ya!