EB boss damage: are you kidding? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EB boss damage: are you kidding?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Level 128 is 309K - this is so ridiculous Your silence says everything as more gemmers quit. Your bonus packs are useless so why sell them????

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I think the fact we know that L128 is 309k tells GREE that people are still attempting EB and probably spending gems to get that far. As long as we keep spending our time and money, GREE won't respond, be it fixing the issues or killing off the game.

Sweet {T} aka Trillian

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeydoc View Post
    I think the fact we know that L128 is 309k tells GREE that people are still attempting EB and probably spending gems to get that far. As long as we keep spending our time and money, GREE won't respond, be it fixing the issues or killing off the game.

Sweet {T} aka Trillian
    I believe that the peep who is giving us the Boss health numbers, can regenerate for 2 hits in @ 3 minutes. Pretty nice health Regeneration. Too bad GREE decided to make EB challenging for the fastest regen in the game, while most of us need 7-12 minutes, or more, for another 2 hits
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    Good thing this time is that not many will get the 'job payout'
    Boy, Am I going to miss that reward !

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The energy or health regen bonuses went the way of the dodo bird. Lol.
    Only those who were in top guilds from the beginning have the regen necessary to get anywhere. New players have only guild regen. Not a way to keep new players.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by belgario;1538286.
    We are still anxiously awaiting an answer GREE!
    Copy and paste.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelio View Post
    What exactly is your job ? You are not going to get anything fixed... So why do you care to be a moderator
    Hi Amelio!

My job as a player moderator is to moderate the forums: make sure the Forum CoC is followed, help when I can, pass issue info and feedback to the staff at GREE HQ... basically be a player advocate.

Of course I'm not going to fix anything, lol! I couldn't code a pixel if I wanted to!

I'm a player just like you, and that's why I care to be a moderator.
    (...btw, the pay is excellent and "forum moderator" looks great on my résumé!)

About the rediculously high RB health, it is what it is.
    Kill what you can, and play your own way with or without gems: whatever makes you happy. It's a game.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    Since the wrapper reward is again 'job payout' - something from one of the other Gree games, CC I think - is it possible that the programmers have also taken the boss health from another game?
    Looking at the way Gree programmes some of the KA events in the last time I would not be surprised - I only hope that they have the courage to say it.
    Good thing this time is that not many will get the 'job payout'
    Thanks for catching that, Lord Vyper!

Yeah, "Job Payout" is a Crime City (CC) term. In KA, it should be "Quest Payout."
    I'll let them know about this happening again.

The CC EB health is set up differently so there is (hopefully) no way to confuse CC & KA EB health when coding the event. CC still uses attack stats for EB, and there is no equipment or Hero stats in CC.
    Line ID: clementine88

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    That has Sealed it for me,they have ruined one event too many...
    Will not buy any more Gems or Packs again and it's one more step to impending Retirement,with each Stupid action the developers make(and there are too many to mention) it makes it easier to quit this game.
    Most only play for the people they have met now so our guild are looking at other games.
    Hobbsie

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    That has Sealed it for me,they have ruined one event too many...
    Will not buy any more Gems or Packs again and it's one more step to impending Retirement,with each Stupid action the developers make(and there are too many to mention) it makes it easier to quit this game.
    Most only play for the people they have met now so our guild are looking at other games.
    Many guilds, including mine, have moved to playing, having fun and spending our hard earn cash in Rival Kingdoms............(I hope GREE NEVER buys SpaceApe, they will ruin it like they did the Funzio games)

Post Count
    After spending a few years and a bunch of $ on this game I was able to run through the EB legendary with just a couple free hits on each boss. Saving me time not stuck w my nose in my device. Money and effort I thought was well spent. Then GreeDY decided to change the event and it took me 12+ gold hits to take down legendary bosses. Ouch. But I went along with it and bought the new equipment and got myself to a point where I could take out legendary EBs with 3 gold hits. More money spent but again, a time saver so I can balance my KA addiction and real life. It also kept me competitive in other events and war. Now GreeDY decides either on purpose or through ineptitude to increase the EB health exponentially so it just takes mountains of gems to finish. The $ previously spent to get my account where I was happy is now wasted and it's to the point that only a few dozen players can finish the event because of their insane permanent Regen bonus. I am completely disgusted with GreeDY. Shame on you for ruining a once thriving and fun game.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    Many guilds, including mine, have moved to playing, having fun and spending our hard earn cash in Rival Kingdoms............(I hope GREE NEVER buys SpaceApe, they will ruin it like they did the Funzio games)
    I will maybe look at that one TT,Thanks
    Hobbsie

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Scubdog hit the nail on the head.

So many people feel ripped off. I had a few people in my guild that went gem free about two months back. This time they decided to dip their toes in and buy packs for epic boss. Now they see the equipment is worthless without huge dollars. They feel cheated and swear they will never be fooled again. Same with Gree changing prizes after the gems are spent. People feel cheated.

Why do you need to screw with your happy paying customers. I see no business advantage here. Just stupidity.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm not sure why people are so mad. As someone who was there for the first EB, as well as many of the others for the first year or so of the game I think it is a nice change of pace. While the health could be cut back some, it brings me back to how Epic Bosses were at first, that is epic. It was particularly epic if you were above level 100 at the time.

I recall being very impressed if somebody had the unit for killing 50 bosses, as it took lots of dedication and time. I remember members of the original FUN war teams sitting at their devices and attacking twice everytime they gained 26 health for days trying to finish the Epic Bosses for free. After coming back to the game a few months ago, I saw tons of people finishing the epic boss events for free. It would take me 5 free hits to kill the level 100 boss (before this one) which is a tad silly and really just a boring grind.

With this current boss, there are some nice rewards along the way. I am currently on boss level 81 and have enjoyed getting rewards like 6 of the 1000 gem chests for completing 10/20 of the quest. Yes, it would take many thousands of gems to finish, and then to finish the legendary portion; which to me feels similar to the 3,000-5,000 gems it used to take to finish the early epic bosses. I don't really see the problem in this. Consider the rewards for other quests. We basically get an easymode PvP event (compared to the original ones with 1000s of attacks required), most people can finish at least normal of the PVE LTQs, and sometimes heroic guild LTQs. I'm not sure if we want to win the top prizes of every event for free, but that's never been part of KA.

It seems like the main thing people are frustrated with is spending money to buy the equipment packs, expecting $100 over several months to make this part of the game easy mode. But $100 has never carried you that far (besides some of the recent EB before this one). I decided to just relax and go as far as I can in this boss event while not stressing out too much and being impressed when people have the prizes from this.
    Remember, you don't have to participate in the events!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Personally I like the time off. But as you mentioned many rightfully feel ripped off.

The point of this game is that you spend money and work and get a stronger character. Ideally, the developers finely tune the game so that your increase in capability advances slowly. The game completely breaks if you get dramatically weaker. It's really that simple.