EB boss damage: are you kidding? - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EB boss damage: are you kidding?

Post Count
    Quantum. I agree with some of what you said. The point is - to go from 50k to almost 500k for an end boss kill tells me the folks at GreeDY are either clueless or think we are lemmings. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. The mass exodus of players and $ players who will never spend another dime backs up my position. My gold hit is 10,297 after spending way too much $ the past few months to get to that point after the big EB change. My regen to full is 40 minutes after many years of events and wars. Break out a calculator. Do the math. The event is foolish now.

The only reason I'm even paying attention on the forum is I was hoping for some news from GreeDY. Nothing but crickets.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumP 86 View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so mad. As someone who was there for the first EB, as well as many of the others for the first year or so of the game I think it is a nice change of pace. While the health could be cut back some, it brings me back to how Epic Bosses were at first, that is epic. It was particularly epic if you were above level 100 at the time.

I recall being very impressed if somebody had the unit for killing 50 bosses, as it took lots of dedication and time. I remember members of the original FUN war teams sitting at their devices and attacking twice everytime they gained 26 health for days trying to finish the Epic Bosses for free. After coming back to the game a few months ago, I saw tons of people finishing the epic boss events for free. It would take me 5 free hits to kill the level 100 boss (before this one) which is a tad silly and really just a boring grind.

With this current boss, there are some nice rewards along the way. I am currently on boss level 81 and have enjoyed getting rewards like 6 of the 1000 gem chests for completing 10/20 of the quest. Yes, it would take many thousands of gems to finish, and then to finish the legendary portion; which to me feels similar to the 3,000-5,000 gems it used to take to finish the early epic bosses. I don't really see the problem in this. Consider the rewards for other quests. We basically get an easymode PvP event (compared to the original ones with 1000s of attacks required), most people can finish at least normal of the PVE LTQs, and sometimes heroic guild LTQs. I'm not sure if we want to win the top prizes of every event for free, but that's never been part of KA.

It seems like the main thing people are frustrated with is spending money to buy the equipment packs, expecting $100 over several months to make this part of the game easy mode. But $100 has never carried you that far (besides some of the recent EB before this one). I decided to just relax and go as far as I can in this boss event while not stressing out too much and being impressed when people have the prizes from this.
    While I agree with some of what has been said, I do find myself rather frustrated that after 3+ years of playing, boss health increases way past a point of where I can complete very much if it. In fact it's so bad, it takes me back to where I was in my first year. I have worked hard, as have many others, to develop enough to be able to complete goals. This won't happen now so it's basically the dangling carrot routine where being able to finish a task to get that carrot simply never comes.

You are right about one thing....participation along with spending money is optional & I opt out of this one for both. I'm happily enjoying some extra free time outdoors & with friends. I encourage others to do the same....it's quite liberating.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Started needing two free hits on boss #4 - gave up at that point having read this thread.

This *has* to be a mistake, one among many recent mistakes. Rubbish

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rutty View Post
    Started needing two free hits on boss #4 - gave up at that point having read this thread.

This *has* to be a mistake, one among many recent mistakes. Rubbish
    Rutty just hit on another point, maybe with out knowing it. GREE has now a long history of not testing new data or changes to events causing among other things horrible server slow down, quests that can not be played at all, or dramatically increased requirements that were not intended. These events were fixed. Why not think this is one of those?

The lack of response I guess is as good as saying that GREE is happy with how this one turned out. If so, I am SHOCKED but believe this is the first time in a LONG time that they rolled out an event that didn't have a bug!

This is the first time since the very early days that I have not completed Legendary. I am fine with that as it gives me time back for RL and saves me money. The end goal of a relatively small stat until with 8% quest payout is simply hilarious. If they made it health regen or Heath increase, I would probably have done it (and I suspect others may have tried as well). Oh well. Their choice and our gain!

Post Count
    ...been playing over 3 1/2 years or more... And It's a real shame what this game has envolved into... I'm not having fun anymore.. Blood pressure way-up trying to lay more to help with Guild Quests, I don't even bother with Indie anymore... Guild members talking about quitting, playing other games, not a lot of Team-work lately, and I can't blame them... It may be time for me to check out that Rival Kingdom game... ...I used to really love this game....

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I disagree with quantum-
    I also remember when the EB first started . It sucked , everyone except top 50 futon farther than boss 20 . There is a reason gree changed it. I have no problem with making the boss stronger, but gree over did it . Only the big spenders will finish . The rest will go as far as we can on free hits and move on . Gree already accomplished what they set out to do , they got a low spender like me to buy a pack 3 cycles ago so I could get to boss 100 . I did and now I am done with spending for a while . I'll probably get to boss 50.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Depending on how you account for the fact you now need 150 bosses, this event is at least 15-20 times more difficult than it was. There is no rational explanation and Gree's lack of response is pathetic. Now the weekend comes and they can party some more.

So can we. No gemming on this garbage, Please kill this game or fire the idiots who program it.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 10-02-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Depending on how you account for the fact you now need 150 bosses, this event is at least 15-20 times more difficult than it was. There is no rational explanation and Gree's lack of response is pathetic. Now the weekend comes and they can party some more.

So can we. No gemming on this garbage, Please kill this game or fire the idiots who program it.
    Jomama... how do you really expect GREE to respond?

I'm honestly asking.
    Line ID: clementine88

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Jomama... how do you really expect GREE to respond?

I'm honestly asking.
    To clarify your question, because I think these are meaningful distinctions, do you mean: 1) how do you expect (aka "want") them to respond? or 2) how do you expect (aka "actually think they will") respond?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorSwamp View Post
    To clarify your question, because I think these are meaningful distinctions, do you mean: 1) how do you expect (aka "want") them to respond? or 2) how do you expect (aka "actually think they will") respond?
    They won't respond , but if they did , it would go like this . " the epic boss event ran as planned . In order to Create a better player experience , the event was made a little more difficult".

Consistent Contributor Toddiekska's Avatar
    Post Count
    Gree will not admit to a mistake, nor will they proof their events before sending them out. Gree scrambled to salvage their team of whatever and has stopped with feedback threads and Q&A a while ago. Moderators accomplish what they can.
    If I had purchased packs for my hero, I would have expected their value to last a lot longer.
    Let's face it, if you are not playing for free by now, you are throwing your money away. Even playing for free has become mundane and simply a task to help your guild mates. There is zero chance to even come close to catching up to anyone.
    Gree is testing the gaming extremes. They either test in a dying game how long folks are dedicated to friends and guild OR stupidity in shelling out money for ultimately nothing.
    To all of the remaining heavy spenders, please think about donating half of your months normal allotment to a charity! It will mean so very much more!!
    I am editing my resume and adding Beta Tester.

Post Count
    Silence is not golden, silence is deafening!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Vile, At this point any response would be refreshing - what do you think of this situation?

For those who send in a ticket over this you will get single energy refill. Of course energy has nothing to do with Epic Boss. Classic!!!!

Post Count
    I can't imagine that Gree would respond by admitting that this EPIC health increase was an error on their part as this would admit responsibility,
    they may fear the possibility of having to offer players refunds.

Stating that the event has gone as planned and that there was no error, would tell the player that they have no respect for the customer base.
    It would also sound even more ridiculous than when they told us that the Epic boss released during the middle of a war was as intended... and that was stretching the truth way too far.

So I imagine that they will just keep quiet... hope that we will all forget... and continue as usual.

I wish that they would prove me wrong!
    Did you know that the fear of long words is: --- Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

There are more letters in that one word than in the above sentence.

Listen to the song: - http://youtu.be/C-V6FHWYtcg

I'm a Free Player - I wont say i don't use gold, 'cos I do - but only the free variety.
    In other words "I play for free... NOT for Gree".

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Killing EB only for guild and used 11 gold hits to take 1 down for day 5. Wow.