Gree, reset the game - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gree, reset the game

Post Count
    Nothing in this game requires skill. It requires time and mindless tapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Actually the game is more of an art. We need perfection to succeed.

(and a lot of gold).
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Harassing Peoples' Wallets and Taking peoples' Souls since the Beginning of Time

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yeah.. fart of gold..

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Guess I will rob Fort Knox...
    Last edited by LüK€¥; 09-26-2015 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Used an M instead of a N in Knox
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Harassing Peoples' Wallets and Taking peoples' Souls since the Beginning of Time

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    There are many possibilities to improve game... but gree makes it worse.. every event...

An epic boss which can't be finished .. due to increased health and lvls.. not to mention the ridiculous xp gain and low rewards which won't effect stats anyways

A Raid boss which nobody understands.. only 4 bosses can't be summoned which randomly changes their lvls... last rb we had lvl 600 boss.. ????

Sltq with no syndicate mod

And so on..

Bring the good old time feelings back.. with pvp... lvl 100 epic boss.. old style raid boss.. consumables drops...
    Last edited by eNtroX; 09-26-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Thing's really started going bàd this year, with the weapons inflation. The tiered Epic Boss that didn't get stronger after level 100 gave us high powered, low level players overnight. Instead of letting Epic Bosses continue to strengthen after level 100, they gave us a one level event that only the very strongest, or richest ($) player could complete. The same STRONG player's that grew that way with the tiered event, along with hard work, good teammates, and possibility cash as well.
    I love having a variety of events that cater to ALL different types of player's, but as poorly as the game runs now due to coding and/or server issues, it really doesn't matter anymore.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    They ruined the game with their greed

Impossible to turn it back to a base where players on all levels can enjoy it and they know it

Now they try to milk the last dollars of the addicted and give a sh*t about the free players

What a failure

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Seems like the stronger I get the less competitive I become. I remember beating the epic boss 100 times. Robbing hoods for extra income. Finishing ltq events. That was with seven figure attack numbers.

Now im over 680 million attack. And can't even get halfway through the epic boss event. Forget about extra income. Turns out im very weak for a level 142. All the time and money invested, to become what I thought was a power house. Im at the bottom of the bracket. In a few months going up hundreds of millions in stats. I'm not competitive anymore? I feel penalized for progress.

My mini accounts are now useless. They are 50 times stronger than I was at the same level over a year ago. They cannot contribute. Mostly due to the energy needed for ltq events now. Once past the first level of an ltq, a single hit takes a sizable percentage of the available energy. And it takes multiple hits to finish a level. 7x at 125 energy each means they're totally empty after 4-6 hits.

That in turn leads to not only less prizes. But less boxes. Less uzis. So their contributions to the syndicate is next to nothing. And while they are grossly stronger than I ever was at those levels, their absolutely no match in syndicate events now.

Hard work. Time and money invested. Im used to these things in life leading to positive growth. Not in this case. The more you do the further behind you fall. It's odd. I understand it's just a game. But sense when does hard work become counter productive?

I have not made mention of how much money I spent. It's allot. Because I don't feel im owed anything. I don't feel it entitles me to anything except progress. Or at least maintaining competitiveness. The inflation has made new accounts useless. And a old account so far behind it's no longer able to compete at the level it used to. Even though statistically better than ever imaginable.

Something is wrong here and I just wanted to express myself. I would hate to see this fun little game go under. Thanks for reading.

Post Count
    Welcome to the forums, POW!

Yeah, you described why a lot of players feel frustrated...
    Most of us have mini, 2nd & 3rd & 10th (haha) accounts to keep, in a way, competitive, and they use their older accts as "mules" to cover syn donations for their mini's. Mini's are great for wall hitting and taking out half of the rival DL during war: no XP gains! But mini's have a disadvantage in SA, no IPH to buy Choppers. But eventually IPH will grow. Most don't do LTQs with their mini's because they don't want the XP gains which levels them up too fast.

There will always be somebody stronger and weaker than you at every level. Just play at your own pace and your own way. There is no right or wrong way to play Crime City.
    Line ID: clementine88

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by POW! View Post
    Seems like the stronger I get the less competitive I become. I remember beating the epic boss 100 times. Robbing hoods for extra income. Finishing ltq events. That was with seven figure attack numbers.

Now im over 680 million attack. And can't even get halfway through the epic boss event. Forget about extra income. Turns out im very weak for a level 142. All the time and money invested, to become what I thought was a power house. Im at the bottom of the bracket. In a few months going up hundreds of millions in stats. I'm not competitive anymore? I feel penalized for progress.

My mini accounts are now useless. They are 50 times stronger than I was at the same level over a year ago. They cannot contribute. Mostly due to the energy needed for ltq events now. Once past the first level of an ltq, a single hit takes a sizable percentage of the available energy. And it takes multiple hits to finish a level. 7x at 125 energy each means they're totally empty after 4-6 hits.

That in turn leads to not only less prizes. But less boxes. Less uzis. So their contributions to the syndicate is next to nothing. And while they are grossly stronger than I ever was at those levels, their absolutely no match in syndicate events now.

Hard work. Time and money invested. Im used to these things in life leading to positive growth. Not in this case. The more you do the further behind you fall. It's odd. I understand it's just a game. But sense when does hard work become counter productive?

I have not made mention of how much money I spent. It's allot. Because I don't feel im owed anything. I don't feel it entitles me to anything except progress. Or at least maintaining competitiveness. The inflation has made new accounts useless. And a old account so far behind it's no longer able to compete at the level it used to. Even though statistically better than ever imaginable.

Something is wrong here and I just wanted to express myself. I would hate to see this fun little game go under. Thanks for reading.
    Too long, didn't read

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree should read it.. not u..

Post Count

This is an intentional revolving door design common in freemium games. Get new players, get them to spend whatever they're going to spend, then encourage them to kindly gtfo. Keeping in mind that the end goal is for people to leave, it makes sense that things are how they are. People who are happy with a game tend to keep playing it.

Post Count

Great first post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Fish View Post
    You really provide a quantity gaming experience.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    This is an intentional revolving door design common in freemium games. Get new players, get them to spend whatever they're going to spend, then encourage them to kindly gtfo. Keeping in mind that the end goal is for people to leave, it makes sense that things are how they are. People who are happy with a game tend to keep playing it.
    I see this kind of statement posted a lot, and maybe this is true, but I don't understand why anyone would work a game this way. I can see why you would want to drive out free players to free up server space, but why drive out paying customers. Plus, I see no evidence that Gree is getting that many new players, especially not paying ones. I'm also in WSOP app and they are consistently in the Top 150 and it seems to me they are doing all they can to keep and recruit players. Craziness.

Post Count
    A game like crime city needs its old players to die off so new players feel like they have a chance of being king of the mountain eventually. Poker is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.