Rate the last movie you saw please - Page 10

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you saw please

Post Count
    SPECTRE I would give it probably 6.5/10.

So many little things with it, I don't know where to start. Part of it is how Daniel Craig has changed the franchise. He took it from a cartoon, a barely different than Austin Powers level of buffoonery, and added a depth and dimension to the character that we haven't seen in a while, if ever. This film regressed from that a bit.

Normally, when you watch a Bond film, you suspend disbelief, as you do with many action hero films. This one seemed to go back to earlier Bond films, perhaps as an homage, perhaps because they were out of ideas. There was a villain that was very similar to Jaws, he even went out the same way on a train. There was the obligatory tour of the evil villain's compound, shortly before evil villain tries to kill him. Blofeld, said evil villain, was a bit of a disappointment. There were the implausibles, like Bond getting drilled into the side of his head and not bleeding a drop. All in all, I enjoyed it. May even watch it again on TV some day. But I expected a little more this time. And I didn't get it.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    SPECTRE I would give it probably 6.5/10.

So many little things with it, I don't know where to start. Part of it is how Daniel Craig has changed the franchise. He took it from a cartoon, a barely different than Austin Powers level of buffoonery, and added a depth and dimension to the character that we haven't seen in a while, if ever. This film regressed from that a bit.

Normally, when you watch a Bond film, you suspend disbelief, as you do with many action hero films. This one seemed to go back to earlier Bond films, perhaps as an homage, perhaps because they were out of ideas. There was a villain that was very similar to Jaws, he even went out the same way on a train. There was the obligatory tour of the evil villain's compound, shortly before evil villain tries to kill him. Blofeld, said evil villain, was a bit of a disappointment. There were the implausibles, like Bond getting drilled into the side of his head and not bleeding a drop. All in all, I enjoyed it. May even watch it again on TV some day. But I expected a little more this time. And I didn't get it.
    According to critics, I'd say your rating would be correct. This is just another excuse for me not to watch the movie.

Consistent Contributor The Movie Critic's Avatar
    Post Count
    Crooklyn: 6/10

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Just watched 'The Seven Ups' and here is my rating: (7.5/10)

Post Count
    Wild Strawberries: 9/10

The YouTube link for the movie is on the previous page.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Been a while since I was here. Too much stuff happening meant no time for movies

The Dark Knight Rises

No match for The Dark Knight, or Batman Begins, but certainly not as bad as some people make out. The film is essentially about Bruce Wayne, not The Batman. For me it works in that regard. There are though some problematic parts...

When Gordon escapes from Bane's lair by jumping into the water, Blake finds him miraculously fast despite there being more than one outflow.

How does Bane know where to construct his base right under where Lucius Fox keeps all the goodies he supplies to Batman, when only he and Wayne know of it.

When the football field is blown up, why does the player with the ball keep going until he reaches the endzone? Wouldn't he have turned round right after the first explosion to see what the frack was going on!

At the end, when Alfred is sitting in the Florence café, I would have preferred if he'd caught a glimpse of someone passing by in the distance who could have been Bruce Wayne rather than seeing him sitting at another table. Would have been nice to have left the question of whether Wayne survived a bit more open.

All in all, 7/10
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Seance on a Wet Afternoon: (8.5/10)
    Notorious: (5/10), a terrible movie

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by xWolfSlayerx View Post
    Notorious: (5/10), a terrible movie
    Is that the Biggie Smalls biopic, or the 1946 Hitchcock?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Is that the Biggie Smalls biopic, or the 1946 Hitchcock?
    The biopic was the one I watched.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    I just finished the Alfred Hitchcock movie 'Notorious', hoping it to be better than the biopic and it is. Here is my rating: (10/10). An amazing movie in fact.

Post Count
    Ordet: 10/10

Post Count
    Vertigo: 8/10
    Paths of Glory: 10/10
    Sansho the Bailiff: 7/10

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    The Hunger Games Mockingjay, Part 2: (7/10).

Post Count
    Rear Window: 8/10
    Rashomon: 8/10
    The Wages of Fear: 10/10

Post Count
    Pixels: 6/10