Champion's Chest results?

Hey guys, I'm guessing most of you don't remember me, and that's fine. I've been gone a long time. Just started again, and I am pretty happy with all the new updates that have come since I quit, this game will hold my interest for quite a while I think.

So, one thing I remember is it is like impossible to pull anything from the limited time chest. So, I noticed that "Champions Chest" is only 15 gems and has a higher chance for epic. So I opened 3 of those, and on my 3rd I pull "Armor of the Peacock". Pretty good, since all I have right now is one star armors :P. But my question is, how have you guys done in regard to the Champions Chest? Did I get lucky? The only other person I have talked to so far opened 1 and got Maelstrom on his first try. Not a great epic anymore, but still an epic. How have you guys done?
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

I've pulled a few decent epics from doing four 11 at once pulls. Nothing really game changing (no plusses either), but still a few that were better than what I already had. They were on par with the Armor of the Peacock. The epics that I got that I didn't keep, however, I was able to fuse to get better epics, since they've changed the guarantee of fusing two epics yielding an epic (that's another change that you may not have known about)
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Two epics fused automatically gets an epic? That's pretty awesome. I gotta get back up to speed on this game lol. I have no idea what stats on an armor are good... I remember when we were just cracking 3k in stats. Now that I'm back, everyone is over 5k... I also gotta figure out what armors are fusable. Right now I have one epic and two legendaries, so I shouldn't have to worry about it for a while though. Any epic I get, I'll be keeping!

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Duuuude, Boss, just came back like three days ago XD I'm liking the new system, already got 4-5 epics on my new account, only 1 I bought with the 1.99 starter pack or whatever. Been hacking away in my own guild for a bit, but don't plan on going for Top 25 or more anymore, just casual style this time 'round, haha.
    Knights and Dragons
    IGN: UND Sir Spunge lvl 1XX, UND Lil Spunge lvl 40+ (leveling constantly)
    Guild: Undying
    Guild Placement: Guild Master, Guild Champion
    LineID: sirspunge (if I ever get back on Line)

Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    Two epics fused automatically gets an epic? That's pretty awesome. I gotta get back up to speed on this game lol. I have no idea what stats on an armor are good... I remember when we were just cracking 3k in stats. Now that I'm back, everyone is over 5k... I also gotta figure out what armors are fusable. Right now I have one epic and two legendaries, so I shouldn't have to worry about it for a while though. Any epic I get, I'll be keeping!
    The Wikia will tell you which epics are fusible....... basically everything except for some of the last raid and war epics..... all the chest epics are fusible, minus the Chromatics. Good hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Spunge ACE View Post
    Duuuude, Boss, just came back like three days ago XD I'm liking the new system, already got 4-5 epics on my new account, only 1 I bought with the 1.99 starter pack or whatever. Been hacking away in my own guild for a bit, but don't plan on going for Top 25 or more anymore, just casual style this time 'round, haha.
    Right? Pretty much. I would be happy to get an Arborsteel in this next war, that's perfectly fine for me. I just want to be ok. Plus, 30 gems a day in video offers? That's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    The Wikia will tell you which epics are fusible....... basically everything except for some of the last raid and war epics..... all the chest epics are fusible, minus the Chromatics. Good hunting.
    Ugh... to much research for me. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Oh well. I'll just follow along for now.

[QUOTE=bosskiller;1536907]Right? Pretty much. I would be happy to get an Arborsteel in this next war, that's perfectly fine for me. I just want to be ok.
    Just a headsup, Epic boss+ epic armors now have combined stats of about 3800, while Arborsteel+ is 3522 combined, so any Arborsteel is fusion fodder. Welcome back to KnD, land of hyperinflation...

Those over 5k atk/def when worn are probably dragonforged+ armors with a matching set of ring and amulet from a guild war top 3 run.

edit: but champion's chest indeed seems to have much better odds of epics than the limited chest.
    Last edited by Marco_; 09-23-2015 at 01:13 PM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    Just a headsup, Epic boss+ epic armors now have combined stats of about 3800, while Arborsteel+ is 3522 combined, so any Arborsteel is fusion fodder. Welcome back to KnD, land of hyperinflation...
    While this may be true, I can't get EB+ armors yet. I'm not even sure if I can get regular EBs. So it will still be good for a while

Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    While this may be true, I can't get EB+ armors yet. I'm not even sure if I can get regular EBs. So it will still be good for a while
    If you have some decent friends, your Peacock should get you to at least level 15 of bosses. Because of it's pretty high base stats, even an unmaxed Peacock should raise the cap on friends' power to a reasonably high level when worn on your main knight. (Don't worry that Peacock is weak against for ex. the current air boss; it's mostly there as stats booster so the hired friends are strong enough to kick the **** out of the epic boss. I think it was something like friend effective atk/def == your main knight in it's armor's atk/def * 1.25 with a ceiling of the actual listed atk/def. (unless they changed that in the past 1-2 years...))
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    If you have some decent friends, your Peacock should get you to at least level 15 of bosses. Because of it's pretty high base stats, even an unmaxed Peacock should raise the cap on friends' power to a reasonably high level when worn on your main knight. (Don't worry that Peacock is weak against for ex. the current air boss; it's mostly there as stats booster so the hired friends are strong enough to kick the **** out of the epic boss. I think it was something like friend effective atk/def == your main knight in it's armor's atk/def * 1.25 with a ceiling of the actual listed atk/def. (unless they changed that in the past 1-2 years...))
    Oh really? I didn't realize that. I thought it was based on your current level. I will have to experiment with that. Can't really be worse than Crius :P Thanks!