Congratulations to "The Birds" AND SUP

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to "The Birds" AND SUP

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Congratulations to "The Birds" AND SUP

Kind of weird posting here given its almost been years not months but after being posted on this weekend's event, I felt compelled to participate in one last thread.

First, congratulations to SUP. Yes, you heard that correctly. Whether by hook or by crook and I will let others debate that, it was quite a feat to pull off three years of top finishing. For some chunk of that it was top two. I am not sure how many of the crew from my days on the pirate ship are still around but no one should belittle the effort and organization (and money) it takes to maintain that sort of performance. As any vet of this game knows, the war is always won before the wd with recruiting and participation.

Like him or not, this is a second job for gene and I don't know how he isn't burned out. Having been involved in the logistics, people can't possibly imagine what it takes to run and hold together a top team, much less several. And Stephen, props for putting together the top team and a a lot a shrewd moves to hold it together starting with the super faction merger which introduced me to you. Also, I am not sure how you have the stomach to be the one man band defending sup on here. There was a reason we labelled this place "the dirty".

Second, congratulations on finally defeating SUP. As one of only a few that disembarked the pirate ship for "penguin island", I am disappointed I wasn't there to be part of it. Regardless of what happens from here, the game will not be shut down without someone else's name on the leaderboard. Now my little 1bn level 300 retired account can drift away into the ether in peace. I don't think most people understand how hard it was to hold the team together and the amount of time, effort and money ripper put into it over the years. I never fought with ferr but have heard much the same and am sure this weekend put a smile on his face.

Lastly, having obviously been a part of both teams and having given 100pct of my time and effort to each while I was there (putting aside the money), I wanted to say that it was a lot of fun playing with both. I got to meet a lot of good people, some of whom I intend to keep in touch with. There are good and bad people on each team just as there are in real life and none are 100 pct bad or good. Frankly a lot more of them are good people than most know.

People like ripper, nitrox, Bocha and etoon who schemed with me wondering how we could hold it together months on end. On the other side, people like pirate lord, pirate enforcer, George, Cazz, global and others that are all true gentlemen. And most of you don't know him but I have missed Artie's sense of humor and wit. And finally, the original bravos that I started this silly game with including spitfire, extra sauce, Kyle, Burbach, ak and Baraka. A band of brothers no matter which side of the fence we all sat on.

I am sure I have missed a number of people and over the years, we all had our issues but I bear no grudges and carry no ill will (with maybe one or two exceptions..). We all took this game very seriously and none of us should hold that against others. One day perhaps we can all have a drink together at a reunion celebrating an obscure game that our children can't understand how we could ever be interested in. With that said, my novel and modern war experience is finally complete and I wish you all a healthy and happy life.

The rabbi aka magneto aka f430 aka pierce pirate
    Last edited by honest Abe; 09-22-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We don't like to use the M word around here.

Lurker
    Post Count
    SUPussies down ! Nice !!!!!!!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andrada View Post
    SUPussies down ! Nice !!!!!!!!
    Please don't turn this thread into a hate fest like the others. Plenty of other threads that are toxic already.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Well said Abe

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Hello Abe, totally agree with your post. As I stated earlier, the birds held it together all this time, which was indeed a big accomplishment. Sup doing what they did for three years was indeed lots of blood sweat and tears, figuratively speaking. Lots of time and effort put into it by both teams over that period of time. Lots of old teamates that we have played with over the years that came and went. I still play with many of the sup players you mentioned in another game. We all wanted to keep in touch, even have a few old birds playing there with us.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    That's good to hear. From my view it was always supposed to be friendly competition that sometimes got taken too far. At the end of the day, there are a lot of good memories as there always should be for something we all spent far too much time on.

If it's a game that doesn't try to become a second job, let me know. I don't have a lot of free time but it is always good to see old friends. You know where to find me.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by honest Abe View Post
    First, congratulations to SUP. Yes, you heard that correctly. Whether by hook or by crook and I will let others debate that, it was quite a feat to pull off three years of top finishing.

Like him or not, this is a second job for gene and I don't know how he isn't burned out. Having been involved in the logistics, people can't possibly imagine what it takes to run and hold together a top team, much less several. And Stephen, props for putting together the top team and a a lot a shrewd moves to hold it together starting with the super faction merger which introduced me to you. Also, I am not sure how you have the stomach to be the one man band defending sup on here. There was a reason we labelled this place "the dirty".
    A merge with super faction? But all we've heard is that there's never been a merge. Somebody is lying.

And I hate it when somebody starts a new thread on here, then tells folks what they can and cannot post on it.

Post Count
    Very good post Abe.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    What doesn't kill you makes you much stronger can't wait for next WD

Post Count
    A refreshing post in a mire of gree and people hating posts that have ruined this site. Well done sir.

Banned
    Post Count
    Good post Abe. Thank you for the information.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    A positive post. Rare and refreshing.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios Von Elisar View Post
    A positive post. Rare and refreshing.
    Nice, fair, post OP.

BAP (a ''bird'').
    It is what it is...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Oh god, someone from the top teams that is not the Speed guy!

I have a question I have to ask:

How is everyone getting the gold in the top teams? I am sure not everyone is buying it with their real money, and the way SUP lost this last cycle just as the iOS vids have been disabled is even more a sign of it : Can you tell us if most of them were using jailbreaked cloned iDevices with AutoTouch so they could watch many vids at the same time and getting thousand of gold each day this way?