GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The new deadliest weapon

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

The new deadliest weapon

According to one rough estimate, there are around 300-310 Million guns in the United States; about one for every person. But what's more prolific, more horrifying, and even has Texas on edge? I think you can guess. (Warning: the following image may not be safe for work, pregnant or nursing mothers, or children under the age of 45)

By one recent estimate,* the number of clocks in the United States alone is a staggering 750-900 Million, almost 17 for every one US citizen.** When will the government regulate this lucrative, yet dangerous trade? It's a slippery slope from clocks to fill blown computers:

*Estimated by me. Poorly.
    **If you believe this, you suck at math.

Post Count
    This is far from the most egregious case of "zero tolerance" policies running amok in schools. My favorite was the kid who was suspended for eating his pop tart to look like a gun. I wonder why this one is going national and prompting White House invites...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    My favorite was the kid who was suspended for eating his pop tart to look like a gun. I wonder why this one is going national and prompting White House invites...
    I forgot about that....fkn ridiculous
    I've been told I can be inappropriate.....
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Have sold aCcounts for USD (and gree helped by manually transferring them lmao)
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Insults mods and staff regularly
    Evades ban regularly

Bans YTD: 5 and counting

Post Count
    This is Texas! ...great, more embarrassment on a national level. (My hubby graduated from that same HS as the 2 football players who blindsided the referee. It's of the 1st high schools in Texas to get metal detectors, woot woot!)

I can see it both ways... it is about zero tolerance and people going overboard with fear. They didn't have to handcuff the poor kid, totally taken out of context. It's not like he was a known trouble-maker. And Obama didn't have to invite him to the White House, either. I think he was trying to be funny... no ha-ha. Why wasn't the teacher who started this mess invited to the WH, too? If it was a ticking time bomb, that teacher would have been a hero. Ugggh.

But... He really shouldn't have brought it to school in the first place. Show & Tell is for kinders. Considering the fear-mentality we all have to live with now, if I was his parent, I wouldn't have let him bring that to school.
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    This is Texas! ...great, more embarrassment on a national level. (My hubby graduated from that same HS as the 2 football players who blindsided the referee. It's of the 1st high schools in Texas to get metal detectors, woot woot!)

I can see it both ways... it is about zero tolerance and people going overboard with fear. They didn't have to handcuff the poor kid, totally taken out of context. It's not like he was a known trouble-maker. And Obama didn't have to invite him to the White House, either. I think he was trying to be funny... no ha-ha. Why wasn't the teacher who started this mess invited to the WH, too? If it was a ticking time bomb, that teacher would have been a hero. Ugggh.

But... He really shouldn't have brought it to school in the first place. Show & Tell is for kinders. Considering the fear-mentality we all have to live with now, if I was his parent, I wouldn't have let him bring that to school.
    IMO everyone's problem is that in the instance a 'white-kid' had done the same thing, chances are he wouldn't have been arrested (maybe he would've, we'll never know). But because this kid was indian (dot, not feather) and brought a home made clock (impressive for a 14 yr old, i couldn't make a fkn clock) everyone was afraid it was a bomb.

Anyone with half a brain (especially ppl in charge of educating our youth) should've been able to tell it was nothing more than a circuit board and a digital read out (clock face, w/e its called. agian, i couldnt build it) and that it did not contain "bomb stuff" (can't build that either....atleast not one with a timer)

Poor kid was wearing a NASA shirt, obviously just a nerd that wanted to show off to his teachers (doubt they could build a clock either). Now he will go threw high school as the kid that got arrested for bringing a bomb to school even though he didn't. I think ppl sue for a lot of stupid stuff these days and its all ridiculous, but i hope these parents sue the **** out of this school district and send this kid to some private super nerd school. Heck, in 10 yrs he could be building actual bombs for the US military haha
    I've been told I can be inappropriate.....
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Have sold aCcounts for USD (and gree helped by manually transferring them lmao)
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Insults mods and staff regularly
    Evades ban regularly

Bans YTD: 5 and counting

Post Count
    He was of Egyptian ancestry, but American, obviously. And I think you're overestimating the common sense of the average school administrator who usually prefers blind policy to exercise of discretion. Less chance the dept of education will sue you that way. I can tell you the kid arrested for wearing an NRA shirt with a picture of a hunting rifle on it and the little girl suspended for bringing a hello kitty soap bubble gun to school were white as rice.

Of course, the media only cares because THIS case involves brown skin.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    The media gave this attention because of race.

If the media reported all crimes by the police state, ppl will realize that it's them (government) vs us.

By only reporting on non-whites, they allow to tailor the debate to race, which is why most ppl are outraged by the race factor and not the police state factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    I hadn't heard of the pop tart gun, NRA t-shirt, or HK bubble gun... how sad.

Saw a kid at my son's school wearing a NWA t-shirt on dress-down day. Made me wonder if he even knew what NWA meant & why his parents would let him wear that to school. There's a place and time, but not at school. My kid can be "cool" on his own time as far as I'm concerned.

At the last Principal's Social, I sat behind a mother wearing a t-shirt that read on the back, "I can load a washing machine and a gun."
    Line ID: clementine88

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I've found a post that captures the situation beautifully, and from both sides. Warning: brief, strong language.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Post Count
    Yeah that's about right.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Over in Britain if anyone, including Muslims built a clock we'd be impressed.

But I guess America is too cautious
    ♛CK-The Reaper Zc♛
    "COLD & Karma=Mayhem!"

Harassing Peoples' Wallets and Taking peoples' Souls since the Beginning of Time