Possible iOS 9 Lockout Problem Solution - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible iOS 9 Lockout Problem Solution

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Kokes58 solution worked on my iPad 2 the wifi + 3G (CDMA model - A1397) for both MW and CC. Good solve!
    "If GREE does something you like, do NOT post about it.
    Or, enjoy the nerf."
    -Vile Lynn
    "can we ban use use of the words, "fun," and "exciting," on the forum...?"
    -Ozymandias

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gileas View Post
    Kokes58 solution worked on my iPad 2 the wifi + 3G (CDMA model - A1397) for both MW and CC. Good solve!
    Yay! I'm glad it worked for you!
    Line ID: clementine88

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The problem I have with Modern War app is that the intro picture loads, but there is no connecting to server or "hourglass" circle indicating something is happening. A minute later it pops back to home screen.

To fix it, I connect my device, an iPod touch, to iTunes, via cable. I backup everything to the computer and then restore. The process takes like 20 minutes.

I have had to do this maybe six to ten times since upgrading to ios 9. Modern War app is the only app for which I have trouble. The only other app I access as frequently is Groupme, Crime City, Safari ... No problems with those apps. My ability to game play lasts half a day's worth of accessing the app before I have to restore and backup again.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Same thing happened during iOS 9 beta.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Lurker
    Post Count

Modern War

Worked just fine for me.
    Thanks a lot.
    Gonna try it on Crime City too.

cool:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokes58 View Post
    I finally did enough things that I came across something that allows me back in the game. I had tried this suggestion multiple times on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2 without any success.

1- Delete the MW App
    2- Sign Out of the Game Center (Do this through Setting, Game Center and Click on your Apple ID and then select Sign Out)
    3- Reboot your device
    4- Install MW App

Here is what I finally did different. I was curious why the MW app seemed to install so quickly after I deleted it. After doing some research I found you can hide previously purchased items which I believe makes your device to a fresh download of the app. So here are the new recommend steps to take.

1- Delete the MW App and select Remove Data
    2- Sign Out of the Game Center (Do this through Setting, Game Center and Click on your Apple ID and then select Sign Out)
    3- Reboot your device
    4- Open the App Store and select Purchased on the bottom.
    5- In the Search Box type Modern War
    6- In the Modern War box right slide and select Hide
    7- Now install the MW App again

Attachment 7548

Attachment 7549

This worked for my iPad Air 2 but not my iPhone 6. I'm still working on the iPhone. Hopefully this works for others also. I am extremely interested in hearing if this does help others.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Same thing happened during iOS 9 beta.
    Be serious for a minute here, it can't be the same problem. They must have fixed all the beta's problem before deploying the production version... Only amateurs would do otherwise...

Banned
    Post Count
    Are you a betting man ju100. If I had bet it would be against gree

Post Count
    hang on sticky fm Dredd if ur on IOS9 an have issue DONT USE home button aka basically if u upgrade that's it u can't use ur iPhone period wtf
    485046391 & 565411567

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Solution works fine, but after the WD Start the same BS again. This Company ist totally incompetent and clueless.

Post Count
    Isn't it just great when you fire your QA team and outsource it to the cheapest bidder?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    First of all, do not update to iOS9 until it's compatible
    That's just golden lmfao it's not iOS 9, it's gree someone posted same thing happened in beta, mine upgraded overnight automatically don't have a single problem with any other app from games to hunting and everything in between. Uninstalled yesterday reinstalled worked fine all night woke up this morning it loads to modern war screen no loading symbol no nothing for about thirty seconds then exits app, exact same as yesterday before I uninstalled reinstalled, now that don't even work made worse over night

Lurker
    Post Count
    Unfortunately I still have not been able to get in since I tried to switch accounts. Worked on 2 of 4 devices after upgrading to iOS 9, failed immediately on iPad2 & iPhone5, and worked on iPhone6 & iPad3 until I tried to switch accounts. Now won't open on any of them. I tried all the posted fixes and none seem to have any effect.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Can't even get a answer from green typical response

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    how much words about the game
    Uninstall and forget! What can be simpler?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Whatever 'fix' is put out it will only work temporarily, if at all. They need to update the app itself ASAP to sort this