Continuously spinning loading thingie

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Continuously spinning loading thingie

Post Count

Continuously spinning loading thingie

I have a spinning gear thingie trying to load on my lower left corner of the KA game by where you click for the Hourly Box Quest... It never loads/stops spinning... I've used almost half a Gig of Data from my phone since last night... I guess its trying to open something that never opens or loads... Anyone else having this problem?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana B View Post
    I have a spinning gear thingie trying to load on my lower left corner of the KA game by where you click for the Hourly Box Quest... It never loads/stops spinning... I've used almost half a Gig of Data from my phone since last night... I guess its trying to open something that never opens or loads... Anyone else having this problem?

I have it on all 4 games. It's the box icon. Just tap on where the icon is supposed to be, and it works just fine.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It's probably zapping all of our data allotment

Post Count
    Hi Nana B!

Yeah, happens in my games all the time, but I never knew it was causing me to use up data. I'm always use wifi so I never check how much data I'm using until I get a message that I'm running out, which should be never.

Try reinstalling KA. All info is kept server-side so you won't lose anything.
    Whenever I think the app could be running better, I reinstall.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Even though my box icon shows the spinner, I can still open boxes, at least. Can you open boxes? If you cannot, please send in a ticket to CS.

It could be so many different things, so it's hard to guess.
    Could be a weak signal, bad download, bug, etc... IDK.

Good luck! I hope reinstalling helps!
    If not, maybe somebody else who is more tech savvy can help.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    have the same on all accounts. No idea if it uses up data. None of my guild members has seen the box yet - but it is possible to open.

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hey guys,

This should be fixed either later today or tomorrow, but yeah, just tap where the spinner is to open up the event. Sorry about that!

Post Count
    Thanks Lynn, yes I can get into where the boxes are.. I'll try reinstalling the game. I cleared my phone data last night when I seen the spinning thing so I could see if it was using my 3G data from my IPhone 4... lol yeah I know it's old... But all I can afford... The reason I was wondering is last year some kind of glitch was messing up the usage on some phones so I keep a good eye on usage all the time.. Well hope this works...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    Hey guys,

This should be fixed either later today or tomorrow, but yeah, just tap where the spinner is to open up the event. Sorry about that!
    Thanks A&F!

Quote Originally Posted by Nana B View Post
    Thanks Lynn, yes I can get into where the boxes are.. I'll try reinstalling the game. I cleared my phone data last night when I seen the spinning thing so I could see if it was using my 3G data from my IPhone 4... lol yeah I know it's old... But all I can afford... The reason I was wondering is last year some kind of glitch was messing up the usage on some phones so I keep a good eye on usage all the time.. Well hope this works...
    lol, I'm still actually using my old iPhone3G Thankfully, my hubby and son cracked their 4s & 5s screens or I wouldn't be playing KA (& CC & MW) at all! My 3G still works and looks new, but totally obsolete for most apps now since I can't upgrade the iOS. One of these days I'll get a new phone.

I thought about that past glitch you mentioned when I saw your post, and I think some cleared it by reinstalling.
    Hopefully, it's an easy fix for GREE and you won't be over using your data anymore.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It may not be the box event
    i just finish yesterday an expansion and since the I cannot start another
    i keep getting the 0:00:00 and 0gem to complete when there is nothing as the expansion is done

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    It may not be the box event
    i just finish yesterday an expansion and since the I cannot start another
    i keep getting the 0:00:00 and 0gem to complete when there is nothing as the expansion is done
    Hey,

My guess is that you have reached the maximum number of expansions.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Hey guys,

Still not fixed, wasting my data allowance. Can I send you my phone bill for reimbursement?
    IGN: Sim {RP} & Sim {EXR}

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    U
    Hey,

My guess is that you have reached the maximum number of expansions.
    no I have not, I bought all the "frame" on expansions but still habe about 20 inside the frame to purchase

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    no I have not, I bought all the "frame" on expansions but still habe about 20 inside the frame to purchase
    I'll double check, but expansions might be limited to... let's say... 100 expansions. (no idea what is max)

Even though there is space on the screen for more, like 120 total spaces, one maxes out at 100 regardless of where one makes their expansions. Makes sense?

Post Count
    BTW, my box icon is still spinning (?), but the spinner is not exactly where the box icon is usually placed: it's on the very edge of the screen and up a bit higher. (If I can figure out how to post a SS, I will later, or maybe somebody else can.)

It's not the big of a deal, just making note.
    I can still get to the event to open boxes, I think... I haven't gotten any boxes to open yet, ha!

On to questing!....

Post Count
    The problem with the continuously spinning thing is as long as im in the Game it is continually trying to load something, thereby using / sucking up my 3G Data... I played Backgammon most of the time yesterday, I'd check, and hardly any Data used, log into KA for about half an hour, over 300 Mg used... Way too much!! Gree please fix it... Stop the Spin ��