What is with ****ty prizes for last 2 ltqs?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is with ****ty prizes for last 2 ltqs?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

What is with ****ty prizes for last 2 ltqs?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Count
    You still do the LTQs? Don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    ****ty prizes for synd goals for this battle also

Post Count
    When you begin to perceive the prizes as no-good you've either won or you haven't spent enough.

Post Count
    Last LTQ I did normal up to 10/10, hoping for a small mod, when I saw an item that would make it nowhere near my stats. So I'm not even touching this one
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It's got to be a mistake. There is no way they'd intentionally offer prizes like this, it's not good for business

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip99 View Post
    It's got to be a mistake. There is no way they'd intentionally offer prizes like this, it's not good for business
    It is good for business but not in the way you think. It's just a purge cycle intended to do one of two things; get casual/slacker types to quit, which means they stop growing their accounts and requiring additional server space, or get those on the hook to buy (more) gold, which is the whole business.

If what the game is offering isn't satisfactory for you, or in other words, you start feeling like the prizes are crap, you pretty much have three options. Quit because this game sucks, keep playing because who cares, or keep playing and start buying gold because being the best for free is impossible (looking at Evan).

So like I said before, if prizes are crap, you either won and can quit any time, or you need to spend more gold to get to the good prizes.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    It is good for business but not in the way you think. It's just a purge cycle intended to do one of two things; get casual/slacker types to quit, which means they stop growing their accounts and requiring additional server space, or get those on the hook to buy (more) gold, which is the whole business.
    Too bad GREE never deletes accounts from their servers

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Never is a long time.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcw9811 View Post
    Too bad GREE never deletes accounts from their servers
    That's not the point. The point is they only want paying customers growing large accounts that take up large chunks of server space. If all they had was freeloaders taking up all the server space eventually the cost of server upgrades and maintenance would surpass the revenue generated by the game. Long term, that means they would plan on going out of business at some point rather than focus on earning as much as possible for as long as possible.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    That's not the point. The point is they only want paying customers growing large accounts that take up large chunks of server space. If all they had was freeloaders taking up all the server space eventually the cost of server upgrades and maintenance would surpass the revenue generated by the game. Long term, that means they would plan on going out of business at some point rather than focus on earning as much as possible for as long as possible.
    So, they should be asking themselves why so few do buy gold. Ignore the mega-spenders; they're just people to whom money means little or nothing if they can blow such amounts on a phone game (and no, spending thousands here does not equate in any way to a night at the movies as has been claimed before now). The regular players look at what they get for their money, and frankly it's very little when you need to spend a hundred or more to do just one event, and there's four, five or six major events each cycle.

What was it Abraham Lincoln said about fooling people?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

If what the game is offering isn't satisfactory for you, or in other words, you start feeling like the prizes are crap, you pretty much have three options. Quit because this game sucks, keep playing because who cares, or keep playing and start buying gold because being the best for free is impossible (looking at Evan).

So like I said before, if prizes are crap, you either won and can quit any time, or you need to spend more gold to get to the good prizes.
    You make good points, but there is a fourth option, which many will take: keep playing but not spend gold on this cycle. This is what I will do, I will hold my gold until better prizes come.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip99 View Post
    You make good points, but there is a fourth option, which many will take: keep playing but not spend gold on this cycle. This is what I will do, I will hold my gold until better prizes come.
    Gree doesn't care if you spend your gold. You already bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Gree doesn't care if you spend your gold. You already bought it.
    If that's there attitude no wonder they had to lay people off. You think they would understand that gold should be an 'expandable consumable,' meaning that the more people have on hand the more they will spend (if you give them a reason). People holding on to gold does not help their bottom line as they don't make repeat purchases. Too bad they don't understand business a little better.

Post Count

I find it ironic that you think there's a pattern behind this idiocy. My guess would be - they have no idea the prizes suck for CC (maybe they're relevant for KA?). Once they see a decline in gold spend, then maybe they'll put 2 and 2 together. On the other hand it's gree we're talking about, they'll probably get 3.