Taking the pulse of MW

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the pulse of MW

Post Count

Taking the pulse of MW

Sensor Tower App data in May for MW - Revenue $710K, App visibility score - 24K, App net worth - $24M
    Sensor Tower App data in June for MW - Revenue $650K, App visibility score - 15K, App net worth - $20M

The latest WD weekend is their lowest ever ranking WD weekend on the top grossing apps scale.

Draw your own conclusions.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I am still amazed GREE makes that much from this game!

Only a couple players in my faction buy any gold, and we have steadily moved up from 300, to inside the top 125 in just a few months. We sure are not doing anything different. In fact, doing less is more like it. And still moving up. I think we can crack the top 100 before the ships sinks completely!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    That doesn't look good, a 10% drop in a month.
    Is that just MW or all Gree games?
    Can you get their operating costs?

Post Count
    Sadly feels about right based on what I am seeing online. They have pretty much abandoned new players with the jacked up event requirements so new players who do not have information from others are screwed. Even with prior knowledge the game has become so tedious that I now only look at my main player once a day at most and have abandoned the other 40. I stopped rebuilding months ago, and could care less about about IPH.

The game lacks focus and direction, surely gree can afford to give these guys a whiteboard where the devs can map out the overall direction and plan so that the game works as a whole. In other words make the buildings such as unit and defence relevent.

If this points back to the project manager fire them! If it goes higher fire that person and if it goes as far as tanaka, then all is lost and this game along with the entire company will go down the toilet.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    The developers are completely useless at this point and are probably on auto pilot till the ship sinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post
    The developers are completely useless at this point and are probably on auto pilot till the ship sinks.
    Agreed. You sum it up correctly.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Sadly feels about right based on what I am seeing online. They have pretty much abandoned new players with the jacked up event requirements so new players who do not have information from others are screwed. Even with prior knowledge the game has become so tedious that I now only look at my main player once a day at most and have abandoned the other 40. I stopped rebuilding months ago, and could care less about about IPH.

The game lacks focus and direction, surely gree can afford to give these guys a whiteboard where the devs can map out the overall direction and plan so that the game works as a whole. In other words make the buildings such as unit and defence relevent.

If this points back to the project manager fire them! If it goes higher fire that person and if it goes as far as tanaka, then all is lost and this game along with the entire company will go down the toilet.

Finally, I see that glimmer, that slight orange glimmer.
    Some might see it as FIRE.
    I see it as HOPE.
    That day, that glorious day is coming.
    INSERT APPLICABLE DEITY HERE------> __________ be praised....
    INSERT APPLICABLE DEITY HERE------> __________, be thanked.....
    INSERT APPLICABLE DEITY HERE------> __________ is truly merciful and beneficent.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Sad because all they need to do is tell the top brass to read the forum and instruct the devs to fix what we ask for but thats never happened in the games history and is unlikely to ever happen.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I don't blame anyone.
    If THE GREE can entice a few to "spend" and many more to "tap" using the existing product, why on earth would THE GREE bother to improve, innovate, or even maintain the existing shell of a THINGY?

No, THE GREE is prescient to milk the existing THINGY for all it provides.
    If the "spenders" and "tappers" continue to DEW what they've done for years, THE GREE should continue to provide the minimum to reap the maximum reward for themselves and their shareholders.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    They should raise the prices for items. Only 25 gold for a health refill is quite low. It should be valued at 100 gold. Also, 100 gold for 25 frontline deploys. 50 gold to reset a timer, and 50 to open a case. I think if they implemented these 4 price increases, the game could last at least another year!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy shags View Post
    They should raise the prices for items. Only 25 gold for a health refill is quite low. It should be valued at 100 gold. Also, 100 gold for 25 frontline deploys. 50 gold to reset a timer, and 50 to open a case. I think if they implemented these 4 price increases, the game could last at least another year!
    Yes, you DEW get it.
    THE GREE should charge 100, no wait 500 gold to log on to your account.
    If you haven't logged on for FOUR hours, the logon FEE goes to 1,000 gold, IN ADVANCE.
    If you've been lazy, careless and failed to login in for eight hours, the fee and penalty cost one vault, 1,500 gold.
    THE GREE, get them, get paid, make them prove their love.

"

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Nah...they should just charge a vault for the high quality updates they put out every month.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy shags View Post
    Nah...they should just charge a vault for the high quality updates they put out every month.
    I'm not in THE GREE's league, but if a faction wants to DEW battle in WD, tax each member 300 gold.

For FL, tax 'em 250 gold, EACH for every battle.

Its time tappers put their money where their fingers go.
    It's time for everyone to pay for this great game.

"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If they would resolve some of the game issues, lower the requirements of events and lower the gold costs overall then there may be a glimmer of hope for some new blood. Personally at this point I don't see putting money into this game due to the stage it is at currently.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    I'm not in THE GREE's league, but if a faction wants to DEW battle in WD, tax each member 300 gold.

For FL, tax 'em 250 gold, EACH for every battle.

Its time tappers put their money where their fingers go.
    It's time for everyone to pay for this great game.
    But we are paying, each and every day. Just not with money.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln