Event Results Idea

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Event Results Idea

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Question Event Results Idea

One to pass to the DEVs, some tech BAU person or anyone with a sql bit of SQL skills who knows how to export to a forum.

Getting the results posted can be a bit of a chore it seems and yet the data is seemingly one one simple SQL query away..

So why not create a sql view (if you don't have one) and run an automated job that extracts this information and posts directly onto this site a few hours after an event has finished..

I can't see a high dev estimate for this piece of work and it would be beneficial..
    After all having a competitive leaderboard event, where one can't then see the leaderboard results defeats the purpose of the events

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Nice idea. They could let enthusiasts develop additional useful features. Most of us would do it for free, and it would spark the game up. Open a safe public interface to non sensitive MW data, and see what we will come up with

Post Count
    Sounds like a great idea.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    Nice idea. They could let enthusiasts develop additional useful features. Most of us would do it for free, and it would spark the game up. Open a safe public interface to non sensitive MW data, and see what we will come up with
    Like that idea as well

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    Great, Cuombajj!!
    That's indeed the best idea I've seen for a while - hope GREE gives this a serious consideration !!!

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    One to pass to the DEVs, some tech BAU person or anyone with a sql bit of SQL skills who knows how to export to a forum.

Getting the results posted can be a bit of a chore it seems and yet the data is seemingly one one simple SQL query away..

So why not create a sql view (if you don't have one) and run an automated job that extracts this information and posts directly onto this site a few hours after an event has finished..

I can't see a high dev estimate for this piece of work and it would be beneficial..
    After all having a competitive leaderboard event, where one can't then see the leaderboard results defeats the purpose of the events
    What a great idea. I hope gree will take note and maybe at the very lest a dev will reply/comment on this would be nice to see that there still active behind the scene's

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Maintenance mode fellas. I think we've seen the last of anything new.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Maintenance mode fellas. I think we've seen the last of anything new.
    This is a trivial low cost (minimal cost) idea.. If it were me and jumping through all the red tape it would take an hour and then the typical wait time for it to be pushed out.. Doesn't affect prod and we can test it

Even in maintenance mode they'll have BAU

Post Count
    Our team should be getting the winners list etc up for folks moving forward. I will also send out some reminders just in case!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Our team should be getting the winners list etc up for folks moving forward. I will also send out some reminders just in case!
    What about the idea pitched by me or the more extended version by Cuombajj?

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    What about the idea pitched by me or the more extended version by Cuombajj?
    Yes exactly Sirius, the Winner's Lists wasn't the focal point of this thread the focal point was the ideas that both Hellraizer and Cuombajj came up with, a Winner's List isn't really hard I mean we cpuld do it but Hellraizer's idea is something a gaming company should be able to do unless they are just too lazy to do so and instead only cares about the money that comes in? And Sirius why can't you just make the Winner's Lists, why does it have to be someone else?
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary