Which Republican do you support in the 2016 election - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which Republican do you support?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush

0 0%
  • Ben Carson

3 16.67%
  • Chris Christie

2 11.11%
  • Ted Cruz

2 11.11%
  • Carly Fiorina

3 16.67%
  • Mike Huckabee

0 0%
  • John Kasich

0 0%
  • Rand Paul

1 5.56%
  • Marco Rubio

1 5.56%
  • Donald Trump

13 72.22%
  • Scott Walker

1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Which Republican do you support in the 2016 election

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Don't worry, Evan...
    All guys are "young and dumb" and not respected until 40-something.

You've gotta long, long way to go.
    Nah, 35 is enough, I mean we gotta respect the president right? I mean you can be a president at 35 except the downside is, you're just a figurehead and under the threat of assasination. So being a president iss pretty much a Lose-Lose not the opposite.
    Last edited by Ant venom; 08-27-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    And that's why 17 year olds aren't allowed to vote, hold a position in the government or voice opinions about politics or even talk about politics. But wait, you're a 17 year old.
    Over here you can get a job and pay taxes, join the army and get married at 16. I think that qualifies someone to vote which they did in the Scottish referendum on independence.

Evan may not know everything but at least he's enthusiastic, not a boring and bitter middle aged man obsessed with pictures of naked ponies.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Over here you can get a job and pay taxes, join the army and get married at 16. I think that qualifies someone to vote which they did in the Scottish referendum on independence.

Evan may not know everything but at least he's enthusiastic, not a boring and bitter middle aged man obsessed with pictures of naked ponies.
    It's like I have a new Jess...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post

At least Dippy isn't obsessed with the Simpsons or pictures of cats sleeping together and making out like you and your best (boy)friend Evan. And where will joining the Army get you, your grave or your wheelchair and crutches? And also where does getting married at 16 get you, I mean you aren't mature enough really so my point is if you're not mature enough to actually do something useful in your life without getting criticized by everyone or it benefits yourself, don't do it.

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    It's like I have a new Jess...
    You have a very odd fan club indeed.
    Line ID: clementine88

Banned
    Post Count
    Obama for president for his "third term" is like the nightmare I had last week come true, 1 term was enough, 2 was outrageous but 3 like I said above is a nightmare come true, not that he would be allowed to be president for more than 2 terms, thank God for that btw.
    Hillary Clinton wins the election. Someone else becomes VP. Obama becomes Speaker of the House. Clinton resigns, the VP becomes president and then resigns, next in line is Obama.

Post Count
    I think he could even run as VP, to be honest. I'd be awfully nervous to be the guy running as president if he was that obvious about it, though
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Obama isn't allowed to run as VP. If someone isn't eligible to be president, they can't run as VP.

Post Count
    The 22nd amendment isn't exactly something I've ever focused on, but it only says "may not be elected president." Nothing about the VP. I also checked the 25th to be sure they didn't modify it somehow when they set up the procedure for the VP to become president if the president dies, and there's no mention there either. Unless there's been some goofy court case that has nothing to do with the text (shocking!), I think it'd be permitted.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Banned
    Post Count
    Actually, I just looked it up.

The VP qualifications are that the VP must meet the same qualifications as the presidential candidate (as stated in the 12th Amendment, qualifications are stated in Article 2 of the Constitution).

However, there is nothing that states that a two-term president can't run as VP since no one has tried it before. Some people think that the 22nd and 12th Amendments prevent a two-term president from being VP while others think that the 12th Amendment is qualifications for service and the 22nd for election which would allows a two term president to serve as VP.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Love Money View Post
    Actually, I just looked it up.

The VP qualifications are that the VP must meet the same qualifications as the presidential candidate (as stated in the 12th Amendment, qualifications are stated in Article 2 of the Constitution).

However, there is nothing that states that a two-term president can't run as VP since no one has tried it before. Some people think that the 22nd and 12th Amendments prevent a two-term president from being VP while others think that the 12th Amendment is qualifications for service and the 22nd for election which would allows a two term president to serve as VP.
    That makes sense. "No person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President." If I were trying to enact a backdoor 3rd term, I'd argue that the ex-president is not "constitutionally ineligible" to be president, he's ineligible to be ELECTED president. If I were trying to stop your plan to make Obama Speaker of the House, I'd say that he would be "ineligible" to ever BE vice president, therefore can never step into a position to take over as president. The 12th Amendment isn't a condition on election, it's a condition of being eligible to serve as VP. I'd say that if the VP died, and Obama was Speaker, you'd have to go to the 4th in line.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    At least Dippy isn't obsessed with the Simpsons or pictures of cats sleeping together and making out like you and your best (boy)friend Evan. And where will joining the Army get you, your grave or your wheelchair and crutches? And also where does getting married at 16 get you, I mean you aren't mature enough really so my point is if you're not mature enough to actually do something useful in your life without getting criticized by everyone or it benefits yourself, don't do it.
    That was cute. I'm allowed to have an opinion, and I feel someone's maturity level is shown better with how they respond to something being said to them opposed to what they said in the first place. But absolutely nothing was said to you, and your response came out of nowhere. The cat comment certainly showed your maturity level.

Maturity should come with age, but age has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not someone has done something useful with their life. Getting married at 16 is retarded, but doesn't mean they're not mature/haven't done anything useful with their life.

And your military comment shows how much you know.. and you were complaining about me
    Last edited by Evan1000; 08-27-2015 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Read his post wrong
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    That was cute. I'm allowed to have an opinion, and I feel someone's maturity level is shown better with how they respond to something being said to them opposed to what they said in the first place. But absolutely nothing was said to you, and your response came out of nowhere. The cat comment certainly showed your maturity level.

Maturity should come with age, but age has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not someone has done something useful with their life. Getting married at 16 is retarded, but doesn't mean they're not mature/haven't done anything useful with their life.

And your military comment shows how much you know.. and you were complaining about me
    If you marry at 16 you aren't likely going to have a proper education (unless you're a genius) or finish your education so you would likely get sh*t on, and end up working for some sh*t job like the Army (if that's even considered a job) then you would be forgotten after fighting in Wars and whatnot, and essentially become homeless as no one gives a sh*t about military veterans unless there are rich ppl willing to give homes (because it isn't Ancient Rome where you get to enjoy your life after War and retiring from the Military or in their case, legion).

Post Count
    I don't require someone to be 18 to discuss politics with them, but I do expect them to actually have some life experience and some form of interaction with the government before they start preaching at me like Jonathan Liebowitz. I think someone who's married at 16 and supporting a kid or in the military would probably be someone worth talking to.
    Still mad at Bostick.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    All I want to know, and all I need to know is:
    When's the GOSH-DARN
    WHO FOR NEW MOD Debate is taking place?????????????????????

I bought this really neat red,white and blue 3 piece suit and all.....................
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American