so now why won't my game launch? :(

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: so now why won't my game launch? :(

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Angry so now why won't my game launch? :(

I have updated everything. I deleted my game and reinstalled. (that always makes me nervous even though it's backed up on a server.)
    Restarted my iOS..
    Game title screen pops up momentarily then crashes.
    I just crossed the 100 million IPH threshold.. It can't end like this...

-sincerely,
    unamused in MT.

edit: Regarding Kingdom age, it sais I need iOS 6.
    My ipod software upgrade tells me I have iOS 5.1.1 and that my software is up to date. iTunes also sais I have the current version.
    Now that's for Kingdom Age, mind you. Then it sais "revert to a compatible version?" So I do so, and it still won't launch. It just sais you need to upgrade to the newest version.. it's just a circle of BS.

But for Modern War, the title screen just flashes momentarily and then it crashes. Is there a way to revert back to my last version? This morning it was working just fine until I upgraded the app.
    This sucks.
    Last edited by Jimmymanfunfun; 08-17-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    What generation of iPod are you on.. If its one of the older generations, you may not be able to update IOS any further and may have been trapped by the move to 64bit only..

Time for a new device?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmymanfunfun View Post
    I have updated everything. I deleted my game and reinstalled. (that always makes me nervous even though it's backed up on a server.)Restarted my iOS..Game title screen pops up momentarily then crashes.I just crossed the 100 million IPH threshold.. It can't end like this...-sincerely,unamused in MT.edit: Regarding Kingdom age, it sais I need iOS 6.My ipod software upgrade tells me I have iOS 5.1.1 and that my software is up to date. iTunes also sais I have the current version.Now that's for Kingdom Age, mind you. Then it sais "revert to a compatible version?" So I do so, and it still won't launch. It just sais you need to upgrade to the newest version.. it's just a circle of BS.But for Modern War, the title screen just flashes momentarily and then it crashes. Is there a way to revert back to my last version? This morning it was working just fine until I upgraded the app.This sucks.
    You can transfer the game to a cheaper android device, if you're operating under limited funding. Transfer to iOS on a newer device, or android and you're good to go.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    You can transfer the game to a cheaper android device, if you're operating under limited funding. Transfer to iOS on a newer device, or android and you're good to go.
    thank you for the serious response. I'm a very long time player. (3.5 years) and I really enjoy the game simply for base building and upgrading.

Excuse my ignorance. I'm sure there are plenty of FAQs for this kind of thing. But if I were to pick up a new generation ipod that supports 6.0, how do I go about transferring the game.. considering I can't open my game on my current device?
    Also what if the transfer fails? am I **** out of luck? how many times can you transfer from device to device?

The only new device I was planning on purchasing anytime soon is an s6 phone.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you have your game linked to "Gamecenter" on your iOS device then you can log in on any iOS device with your Gamecenter credentials and have your game back.

As for the droid side of things, I assume you didn't have your game linked to a droid device? If you did then you could log into your game via a PC or Mac that is running blue stacks android emulator. I have my game linked in this way as it ensures that you can always access your game.

Maybe try borrowing a non MW playing friends iOS device, log into your game and link it to an android account.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    thank you for the serious response. I'm a very long time player. (3.5 years) and I really enjoy the game simply for base building and upgrading.

Excuse my ignorance. I'm sure there are plenty of FAQs for this kind of thing. But if I were to pick up a new generation ipod that supports 6.0, how do I go about transferring the game.. considering I can't open my game on my current device?
    Also what if the transfer fails? am I **** out of luck? how many times can you transfer from device to device?

If you buy an iPhone 6 you should have no problem transferring your game.
    Because your game went bonkers on you, you may have to send a ticket to THE GREE.

This is where you do that:

https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

You can get your player ID from an old iTunes receipt (if you bought anything from Gree), or from one of your faction mates, or allies.

You can transfer your game any number of times, in theory, but we are discussing THE GREE, right?

The transfer will work, but it will take time because THE GREE support is rather slow.

You might be better off starting a new game on anew device, while you wait for THE GREE to get it right.

If you DEW that, you might be able to retrieve your missing account if you linked it to that Apple Game Center thingy.

See you problem is it just went MIA, before you were able to transfer or link, is my guess.

That's why you'll need THE GREE customer service to get involved.

Good luck.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count

There are two ways, hopefully you linked to game centre which is the simplest.

Otherwise you will have to go through gree customer service. There was a link on here to do it without being in game.

Honestly though picking up a cheap Android device is a better bet because they run faster than iPhone 6s which sounds stupid but an $80 quad core runs better currently. But this will require a trip through customer service.

Btw gree has not fixed the system requirements paragraph on the app store! I reported this months ago, the app will not run under IOS 5!
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J1mcrane View Post
    If you have your game linked to "Gamecenter" on your iOS device then you can log in on any iOS device with your Gamecenter credentials and have your game back.

As for the droid side of things, I assume you didn't have your game linked to a droid device? If you did then you could log into your game via a PC or Mac that is running blue stacks android emulator. I have my game linked in this way as it ensures that you can always access your game.

Maybe try borrowing a non MW playing friends iOS device, log into your game and link it to an android account.
    All helpful replies. I'm most interested in this blue stacks android emulator as a temp fix.
    Good news is I AM linked to Game Center on my ipod. If I download this blue stacks android emulator, will I be able to link to the android and play from my PC until I get a new iOS? hmm..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    For BlueStacks you need to have game open on another device to generate the transfer code - At least that is what I needed - can anyone else confirm

Post Count
    All helpful replies. I'm most interested in this blue stacks android emulator as a temp fix.
    Good news is I AM linked to Game Center on my ipod. If I download this blue stacks android emulator, will I be able to link to the android and play from my PC until I get a new iOS? hmm..
    Yes but you will need a decently fast PC with compatible video card, some cards are not supported such as the one's in corp Dell boxes but it is a viable alternative.

Link the old device to the new, only headache is if you have other players linked into that GC account just trying to remember what the tricks were.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post
    For BlueStacks you need to have game open on another device to generate the transfer code - At least that is what I needed - can anyone else confirm
    You need to have the old account open on a device you are transferring from to generate a code, then immediately use that code on the device you are transferring to since there is a short time limit. If it fails it could be due to my thought above.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    You need to have the old account open on a device you are transferring from to generate a code, then immediately use that code on the device you are transferring to since there is a short time limit. If it fails it could be due to my thought above.
    I can't open it on my iOS anymore. So I guess I cant get that transfer code.
    My only real option is to get an updated iOS with game center on it, is what it looks like from the responses..

Post Count
    My only real option is to get an updated iOS with game center on it, is what it looks like from the responses..
    you could also borrow a friend's ios device to generate that code in order to transfer to bluestacks.
    Last edited by Bndawgs; 08-17-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    borrow a friends ios device and use it to log into your account when you have blue stacks open.. you can access your apple game from ANY apple device(one of the few good things on apple) once in game go to manage accounts tab.. on the bluestacks you will have to start mw run it threw to you have full access to menu then also go to manage accounts follow stes til it asks for code .. then go back to borrowed apple device click to get code.. type code in on the blue stacks game .. once accepted you may have to restart game in bluestacks but then game should be linked to BOTH apple and android and your golden

I was stuck in same spot months ago had to borrow sisters ipad to correct it... except mine was from droid side... now I an access my games from any device apple or android. if you want a low cost android phone that has stats comparable to the Samsung note or iphone 6 check out the 1 plus 1.. yes that is name.. all that stats double the storage and half the price
    Last edited by good gawd noooo; 08-18-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    worked!!
    now eventually i'll just connect my account to whatever new device I end up getting.. but for now, blue stacks it is.